It wasn't that long ago that the "Experts" were Crying, "Ice Age"...

Since it now appears that the Earth has not warmed and may have cooled, look for the Warmers to abandon the Warming ship and have a new breed of "Scientist" start saying that increases in CO2 are contributing to, wait for it, wait, just a second -- Global Cooling!

Whether the earth is warming or cooling is irrellevant. That's why the name was changed to "climate change".
Personally I see manbearpig as a much bigger immediate problem.

Attachments

• $original.jpg
    $original.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 74
Since it now appears that the Earth has not warmed and may have cooled, look for the Warmers to abandon the Warming ship and have a new breed of "Scientist" start saying that increases in CO2 are contributing to, wait for it, wait, just a second -- Global Cooling!

Using their Logic, if it's in Fact "Cooling", then it's Time to Bring back American Muscle and Leaded Gas:

1969_Pontiac_GTO_Judge.jpg

:)

peace...

It wasn't that long ago that suggesting an "asteroid" was the cause of the demise of the dinosaurs was considered controversial. Now we know from a layer of iridium that stretches from the gulf of Mexico up through the entire center of the United States that indeed a meteor did impact and if it wasn't the cause of wiping out the dinosaurs, it certainly played a part since we are able to pinpoint the time of the meteor to the time the dinosaurs died.

It's estimated that a small meteor over Russia a few tens of meters across was
about 1,000 times as powerful as the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima, Japan and about one-third the power of the Tsar Bomba, the largest nuclear weapon ever detonated. The explosion knocked over an estimated 80 million trees over 2,150 square kilometres (830 sq mi). It is estimated that the shockwave from the blast would have measured 5.0 on the Richter scale.

Tunguska event - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even after knowledge of this destruction the world spends only 2 or 3 million a year tacking meteors and asteroids.

How much is spent studying the earth itself? Don't know, but I suspect it's less than is what is spent making DVD players.

I love it when the right, which pushes mystical nonsense, such as "magical creation" over science points and laughs at scientists as not knowing "enough" when they don't know anything. Stupid, dumb-ass right wingers. Know nothings. They depend on science for everything and add nothing themselves. What a waste of biological material. Good for breeding and nothing else. At least they feed the worms when they die. I guess that's something.

It's aliens. Here is an clip from the page that proves it.

9. Global warming makes planet more comfortable for everybody.
Little-discussed fact about global warming: It will make all the least-inhabitable regions of the planet into a tropical paradise. Climate change is basically a massive, multinational conspiracy to get everyone so comfy on Earth that they never want to go to ultra-cold Mars or the even colder reaches of deep space. It's good when people believe they actually CHOSE to be quarantined, isn't it?

the entire page here;
Is the Earth Quarantined??? - Quarantine - io9

It wasn't that long ago that suggesting an "asteroid" was the cause of the demise of the dinosaurs was considered controversial. Now we know from a layer of iridium that stretches from the gulf of Mexico up through the entire center of the United States that indeed a meteor did impact and if it wasn't the cause of wiping out the dinosaurs, it certainly played a part since we are able to pinpoint the time of the meteor to the time the dinosaurs died.

about 1,000 times as powerful as the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima, Japan and about one-third the power of the Tsar Bomba, the largest nuclear weapon ever detonated. The explosion knocked over an estimated 80 million trees over 2,150 square kilometres (830 sq mi). It is estimated that the shockwave from the blast would have measured 5.0 on the Richter scale.

Even after knowledge of this destruction the world spends only 2 or 3 million a year tacking meteors and asteroids.

How much is spent studying the earth itself? Don't know, but I suspect it's less than is what is spent making DVD players.

I love it when the right, which pushes mystical nonsense, such as "magical creation" over science points and laughs at scientists as not knowing "enough" when they don't know anything. Stupid, dumb-ass right wingers. Know nothings. They depend on science for everything and add nothing themselves. What a waste of biological material. Good for breeding and nothing else. At least they feed the worms when they die. I guess that's something.

The Lack of Warming is REALLY Pissing you Off, isn't it... :rofl:

peace...

Denver CO Weather 80201 Forecast: The Denver Post

Currently 14 Degrees in D-Town... I would think that's at least 40 Degrees below Average...

Our First Blizzard was before Halloween...

These things weren't Supposed to Happen anymore...

I Remember the Drought Years when it was Pushing 100 during a Lot of July and August earlier in the Decade and the Algore's of the "Global Warming" Movement were Declaring that to be the Norm because of Evil American Consumerism and our SUVs...

Cycle's Come and Go...

It's Witches Tit Cold in D-Town and in a LOT of Places...

Didn't Houston just get Snow?...

Remember Vegas Last Season getting Snow?...

Yet ALL of the Ice will be Gone by 2012...

As Glaciers Return to the Colorado Rockies.

I Laughed at these Hammerheads During the Drought...

Permanent Water Restrictions were being DEMANDED by Elected DemocRATS here in Denver because they were Sure that what was Happening then was only going to get Worse.

They Insisted we wouldn't see these Winters again, and that Many if Not ALL of the Resorts would go out of Business because there wouldn't be enough Snow in the Rockies to Keep the Resorts Open.

I Love Emotional Liberals... <And I Apoligize for the Redundancy of that Statement. :rofl:

peace...

peace...

Not at all.

I do get pissed off at the lack of support for science. Science is what has separated us in the past from the rest of the world. However, the right is making sure that gap is closed. Their goal is to "defeat" science and replace it with, what? Still not sure. Replace it with "stupid"? Their goal remains unclear. But their strategy is "not science".

Last edited by a moderator:

peace...

Not at all.

I do get pissed off at the lack of support for science. Science is what has separated us in the past from the rest of the world. However, the right is making sure that gap is closed. Their goal is to "defeat" science and replace it with, what? Still not sure. Replace it with "stupid"? Their goal remains unclear. But their strategy is "not science".

If it weren't the, shall we be kind and say 'limited,' deanie-weanie making the charge, I'd be- to coin a term, 'slackjawed' by his charge that the right is somehow anti-science.

This coming in the light of weanie's regular support of an administration that has selected John P. Holdren as- and it doesn't get funnier than this, the Science Czar, advisor to the President!

"Holdren's radicalism dates back to the late 1960s. In 1969 Holdren wrote that it was imperative “to convince society and its leaders that there is no alternative but the cessation of our irresponsible, all-demanding, and all-consuming population growth.”

That same year, he and (the now largely discredited) professor of population studies Paul Ehrlich jointly predicted: “If … population control measures are not initiated immediately and effectively, all the technology man can bring to bear will not fend off the misery to come.” In 1971 Holdren and Ehrlich warned that “some form of ecocatastrophe, if not thermonuclear war, seems almost certain to overtake us before the end of the century.”

Viewing capitalism as an economic system that is inherently harmful to the natural environment, Holdren and Ehrlich in 1973 called for “a massive campaign … to de-develop the United States” and other Western nations in order to conserve energy and facilitate growth in underdeveloped countries."
'Science Czar' John P. Holdren's disturbing beliefs about America, capitalism and humanity

"Obama's Science Czar Wrote Book Advocating Forced Abortions, Sterilizing Americans By Poisoning Our Drinking Water "
Ehrlich, Paul R., Anne H. Ehrlich and John P. Holdren; Ecoscience:*... - White House

"He is also one of the main engineers of the Eugenics operation going on right now. A book he authored in 1977 advocates for extreme totalitarian measures to control the population. In this book he wrote that: Women could be forced to abort their pregnancies, whether they wanted to or not. The population at large could be sterilized by infertility drugs intentionally put into the nation's drinking water or in food. Single mothers and teen mothers should have their babies seized from them against their will and given away to other couples to raise. People who "contribute to social deterioration" (i.e. undesirables) "can be required by law to exercise reproductive responsibility" -- in other words, be compelled to have abortions or be sterilized. A transnational "Planetary Regime" should assume control of the global economy and also dictate the most intimate details of Americans' lives -- using an armed international police force."

"Holdren claimed that, "if the population control measures are not initiated immediately, and effectively, all the technology man can bring to bear will not fend off the misery to come."[10] In 1973 Holdren encouraged a decline in fertility to well below replacement in the United States, because "210 million now is too many and 280 million in 2040 is likely to be much too many"[11]. Currently, the U.S. population is 306,924,000[12]. In 1977 he co-authored (with Paul R. Ehrlich and Anne H. Ehrlich) Ecoscience: Population, Resources, Environment,[13] which discussed the possible role of a wide range of solutions to overpopulation, from voluntary family planning at one extreme, to a "planetary regime" of enforced population control at the other extreme."

John Holdren - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Does being spectacularly wrong about a major issue in your field of expertise hurt your chances of becoming the presidential science advisor? Apparently not, judging by reports from DotEarth and ScienceInsider that Barack Obama will name John P. Holdren as his science advisor on Saturday. [UPDATE: Mr. Obama did indeed pick Dr. Holdren.] "

"In 1980 Dr. Holdren helped select five metals — chrome, copper, nickel, tin and tungsten — and joined Dr. Ehrlich and Dr. Harte in betting $1,000 that those metals would be more expensive ten years later. They turned out to be wrong on all five metals, and had to pay up when the bet came due in 1990. "

"Dr. Holdren’s resistance to dissenting views was also on display earlier this year in an article asserting that climate skeptics are “dangerous.” (You can read about the response to that article at DotEarth.)"

Flawed Science Advice for Obama? - TierneyLab Blog - NYTimes.com

I don't expect a response from weanie, he probably went back to finger painting.

The Fiction Of Climate Science - Forbes.com

Interesting... I am Sure, in Spite of the Record Cold we are having in Denver Right now and have been since October and Following an Abnormally Cool Summer, that "Global Warming" is still Coming...

Or MAYBE the "Experts" were Right back in the 70's...

Either way, let's Punish our Country Economically!

peace...

Punishing us is consistent with the whole America Sucks philosophy of the leftists ruining -- er -- running the country.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
The Fiction Of Climate Science - Forbes.com

Interesting... I am Sure, in Spite of the Record Cold we are having in Denver Right now and have been since October and Following an Abnormally Cool Summer, that "Global Warming" is still Coming...

Or MAYBE the "Experts" were Right back in the 70's...

Either way, let's Punish our Country Economically!

peace...

Punishing us is consistent with the whole America Sucks philosophy of the leftists ruining -- er -- running the country.

And Unfortunately there are some who should be Fighting the Left but are Instead Standing on the Sidelines Hoping to Rebuild this REPUBLIC after it Collapses because of Leftist Policies...

They had better Pray there is Something left to Rebuild when the Left is Done.

Dangerous Game, they aren't Really Playing... If you Know what I Mean. ;)

peace...

I would appreciate science for science's sake, not science influenced by geopolitics.
Long range (beyond the next growing season) Climate forecasts are traditionally the realm of science for the sake of science. Someone decided they wanted relevance and the easiest way was to point at a trend and call it evidence of a man made catastrophe looming on the horizon.
That was science for the sake of Ego.
It was only when the politicians got involved that it became science for politics.

peace...

Not at all.

you'll never replace science.

I would appreciate science for science's sake, not science influenced by geopolitics.

First debate I've seen on the ClimateGate issue, here:

Tempers Flare In Climate Change Flap - Coop's Corner - CBS News

:rofl:

They don't Respond Well to be Countered, do they...

peace...

Dear Diary,

I'm so happy that Global Warming is now settled science!

How can anyone argue when it is so clear!

Why, just yesterday, I made toast for breakfast simply by holding the bread

out the window!

Wow!

I'm throwing out the toaster and the microwave, and turning the

boiler room into a shrine for my East Anglia Memento collection!

peace...

Not at all.

You and your's Assumption that this Issue is "Settled" Considering your Evidence, the Abilities of Science in the last 25 Years, 50 Years, 100 Years, or 1,000 Years, the Fact that ALL of our Data is Nuetrino in the Scope of the Planet's History, only Illustrates that this is Less Science and More "Faith" for you Global Warming Monkeys.

And it Shows.

peace...

You know what's really funny? The experts you speak of were talking about a ice age occuring in about 20,000 years from now, and some how you think that disproves AGW.

Even if your B.S. were true do you honestly think data collection techniques haven't improved in over thirty years?

Forum List

Back