It was five A.M. this morning

Isn't Hitler speaking German in this program, bigrebnc? What does PBS do to make it accessible....subtitles?

It's translated and brokjen down into differant parts and discussed. It is an eye openner Hitler sounded so human, nothing like you see in the videos of his mass speeches that you normally see. I can see how he could have easely fool people back then.

Isn't Hitler speaking German in this program, bigrebnc? What does PBS do to make it accessible....subtitles?

It's translated and brokjen down into differant parts and discussed. It is an eye openner Hitler sounded so human, nothing like you see in the videos of his mass speeches that you normally see. I can see how he could have easely fool people back then.

Okie dokie then. I'll see if I can TIVO this. Thankies for the recommendation.

National Geographic Channel aired a program called secert voice of Hitler. If you get a chance I suggest to all who do not wish to see history repeat itself watch it. Learn from it.
Secret Voice of Hitler | National Geographic Channel

I realize it's beating a dead horse but.....
See if you can make the connection to obama.

A far more direct connection was to FDR. Both of these leaders arrived on the scene in country at a time of hopelessness and broken dreams and both were embraced as something between a savior and a father. Both promoted themselves and tried to exert an agenda in thier minds as the solution to the problems of the day.

Both centralized the government from a point less central to a point more central than it had been under the then current set of laws.

Both needed full mobilization to rescue the failed economies and both were dead by the end of the war.

One great difference was that FDR flaunted law to impose his programs while Hitler simply swept the law away and imposed a dictatorship.

It's interesting that the major leaders of the time were all elevated by their populations as great men in times of adversity. FDR, Churchill, Stalin, Hitler, Mussolini and Tojo were all de facto dictators in war time. They were all quite different as individuals in style and from quite different forms of government.

Their peoples and their times, though, made them all both savior and father.

Mussolini was subjected to the fate of those who disappoint in that position.

National Geographic Channel aired a program called secert voice of Hitler. If you get a chance I suggest to all who do not wish to see history repeat itself watch it. Learn from it.

A far more direct connection was to FDR. Both of these leaders arrived on the scene in country at a time of hopelessness and broken dreams and both were embraced as something between a savior and a father. Both promoted themselves and tried to exert an agenda in thier minds as the solution to the problems of the day.

Both centralized the government from a point less central to a point more central than it had been under the then current set of laws.

Both needed full mobilization to rescue the failed economies and both were dead by the end of the war.

One great difference was that FDR flaunted law to impose his programs while Hitler simply swept the law away and imposed a dictatorship.

It's interesting that the major leaders of the time were all elevated by their populations as great men in times of adversity. FDR, Churchill, Stalin, Hitler, Mussolini and Tojo were all de facto dictators in war time. They were all quite different as individuals in style and from quite different forms of government.

Their peoples and their times, though, made them all both savior and father.

Mussolini was subjected to the fate of those who disappoint in that position.

Your opinion is valid, but the connection between hitler and obama that I am trying to point out is how hitler came to power and how obama came to power. The video showed some striking connections.

Okie dokie then. I'll see if I can TIVO this. Thankies for the recommendation.

Not a problem.

Sounds like a perfect description of Reagan. You throw in the massive defense buildup, and the anti-liberalism of the Reaganites, and the analogy gets very scary.

Pray that never happens again.

Sounds like a perfect description of Reagan. You throw in the massive defense buildup, and the anti-liberalism of the Reaganites, and the analogy gets very scary.

and look at what liberalism has brought to America.
A failed economical system. But to stay on topic lets discuss the show.

So, you blame liberalism (WTF that may be) for the recklessness of the Big Banks?

I said look at what liberalism has brought to America. WRECKLESS BIG BANKS? Maybe you fail to grasp that the democratic key persons were sleeping with bank CEO's that failed.
Dodd and Franks.

So, you blame liberalism (WTF that may be) for the recklessness of the Big Banks?

I said look at what liberalism has brought to America. WRECKLESS BIG BANKS? Maybe you fail to grasp that the democratic key persons were sleeping with bank CEO's that failed.
Dodd and Franks.

So in your view, all GOP-ers are blameless? And I suppose "regulation is bad" and we need to "untie the hands of business" as well?

Dodd and Franks.

So in your view, all GOP-ers are blameless? And I suppose "regulation is bad" and we need to "untie the hands of business" as well?

Never said that but viewing the responces made by democrats it would appear that the GOP is the only one to blame.

According to the key democrats certains groups should not be regulated.
Such as Freddie and Fannie

Yeah because deregulation of corprate america is such a liberal tennet.

The banks fucked us because they could make money and they didnt care about the long term effects.

Man am I tired of the right wing revisionist history to avoid the blame for what they did to this coutnry with their FAILED ideas.

I guess I'll start worrying about the similarities between Hitler and Obama when their policies start looking similar.

Since I cannot see the video in question I really cannnot imagine what similarities BigRebNC is worrying about.

I guess I'll start worrying about the similarities between Hitler and Obama when their policies start looking similar.

Since I cannot see the video in question I really cannnot imagine what similarities BigRebNC is worrying about.

All I can say is you will have to wait and see. Only time will tell.

The banks fucked us because they could make money and they didnt care about the long term effects.

Man am I tired of the right wing revisionist history to avoid the blame for what they did to this coutnry with their FAILED ideas.

Who was Chris Dodd married to?
Who was barney Franks live in lover?

The show? The show compared Obama to Hitler? Comparing Hitler to American presidents was YOUR topic, right? Not the show's topic.

So I'm on topic. Now show me how Obama compares better to Hitler than Reagan does.

The show? The show compared Obama to Hitler? Comparing Hitler to American presidents was YOUR topic, right? Not the show's topic.

So I'm on topic. Now show me how Obama compares better to Hitler than Reagan does.

No the show did not do that. I did it. Looking at how those people from the past treated hitler comparing how people treat obama.

All I can say is watch the show if you get the chance.

Last edited:

Who was Chris Dodd married to?
Who was barney Franks live in lover?

How did this information make it so the lenders acted like assholes and sold us down the river?

Forum List

Back