It seems the southwest US is NOT drying up

Lordy, lordy, Walleyes, read a little further than the lead paragraphs, and quit making such a fool of yourself.

Disruption of patterns of rainfall. And less overall rainfall.

Land Use History of the Colorado Plateau-The Anasazi "Collapse"

'There was a major reshuffling of organizational systems once the Anasazi got here,' Dr. Ware said. 'That suggests there was a catastrophe.'

"It may have been a change in climate after all, but one different from the drought Dr. Van West questions. Recent climatological studies by other scientists suggest that rainfall patterns were disrupted in a way that might have made the Anasazi disillusioned with their old religion. Studying tree rings from 27 sites across the Southwest, Dr. Jeffrey Dean of the University of the Arizona tree-ring laboratory has found evidence of a major disruption in the area's typical rainfall. Suddenly, the customary pattern of heavy snows in the winter followed by summer monsoons had become unpredictable. Even if there was not a great drought, moisture may have been coming at the wrong times. The summer rains, so necessary to keep the spring crops from dying, were no longer reliable. The rain dances were not working anymore.

"'This would have represented a major upset,' Dr. Dean said. 'And it happens to occur exactly at the time when you're getting all these population movements and cultural changes

And I thought perhaps People were smarter than animals would would not "over graze" the land.

Ah yes that old people are smart mantra. Well people as a race aren't smart. People are animals after all, granted some very, very few have reached enlightenment (lord knows I'm a long way from there) but the vast majority are still driven by such base needs as food consumption and the need to procreate.

I hate to tell you but those are instinctive and you just can't seem to beat it out of people.

Though many have tried.

One of the points that the alarmists allways like to trot out is how the southwest US is drying up do to GW. Seems that that isn't so. Scientists using WBAN (Weather Bureau-Army-Navy) stations (because of their long term and 99% complete record) found that only 4 of 22 stations had a decrease in rainfall. The others had either remained constant or in 8 cases statistically significant INCREASES in rainfall.

Yet another alarmist claim proven false. Oh and old fraud you allways accuse me of not posting scientific sites (and here I thought NOAA was a scientific organisation...who knew:lol::lol:) so these guys are from the USGS. Is that good enough for you?

World Climate Report Southwest Drought?
people are always saying this:
"the southwest US is drying up do[sic] to GW?"

:cuckoo:
:eusa_whistle:

New Topics

Forum List

Back