“It Really is Beijing’s Worst Nightmare”

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Not only is China failing to keep the revolt in Hong Kong out of the consciousness of the Chinese people, but protests now are taking inspiration from the Hong Kongers. And in the worst possible place: in Guangdong province, which is gargantuan and shares a common language with Hong Kong.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...ng_protests_spread_to_gigantic_guangdong.html

Interesting times. I hope the CIA is assisting the protesters.

Not only is China failing to keep the revolt in Hong Kong out of the consciousness of the Chinese people, but protests now are taking inspiration from the Hong Kongers. And in the worst possible place: in Guangdong province, which is gargantuan and shares a common language with Hong Kong.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...ng_protests_spread_to_gigantic_guangdong.html

The Chinese leadership tried to replace Communism with Oligarchical Capitalism, with themselves as the Oligarchs.

They are learning that economic freedom tends to instill a desire for political freedom in people, at least in people living under oppressive conditions.

My biggest concern is that the Chinese leadership will attempt to get out of this by creating an international crisis.

The term "some damn foolish thing in the balkans" could become "some damn fool thing in the South China Sea" or "some damn fool thing in Taiwan"

Hell they could even try to get North Korea to start some shit to deflect from their own issues.

The real hell would be if Iran went nanners at the same time.

The Chinese leadership tried to replace Communism with Oligarchical Capitalism, with themselves as the Oligarchs.

They are learning that economic freedom tends to instill a desire for political freedom in people, at least in people living under oppressive conditions.

My biggest concern is that the Chinese leadership will attempt to get out of this by creating an international crisis.

The term "some damn foolish thing in the balkans" could become "some damn fool thing in the South China Sea" or "some damn fool thing in Taiwan"

Hell they could even try to get North Korea to start some shit to deflect from their own issues.

Agreed. Communist China absorbed Capitalist Hong Kong but its looking like Capitalist Hong Kong absorbed Communist China.

Agreed. Communist China absorbed Capitalist Hong Kong but its looking like Capitalist Hong Kong absorbed Communist China.

"Infected" Commie China right now is a better term I think. I Still think the commies could effectively crack down on the mainland population, as they have decades of practice, the people have been conditioned to accept authority, and they have the cultural impact of confucian thought and how it applies to order over chaos to fall back on. \

And remember "may you live in interesting times" isn't exactly a blessing in Chinese culture.

You can try to expose a culture to democratic principles, but the culture can and will fight back. Look at Russia as an example.

Forum List

Back