It ought to be against the law....

asaratis

Uppity Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2009
Stockbridge
Sittin' here watching the morning news being repeated every thirty minutes and I catch the "top story" on the hour and the half. Today's "top story" is of course Joe Biden's attempt to soften our Constitution with a ban on "assault rifles" and high capacity magazines. The background video consists of short bursts of file footage depicting would-be-Rambos firing "assault rifles".

Lo and Behold the guy firing at the time the speaker of the news says "assault rifles" is holding the trigger back on an automatic weapon that is spitting out spent shells faster than any human could repeat the pulling of a trigger. It was a fully automatic AK-47.

Automatic weapons are already against the law.

This misleading of the public is a common practice among dishonest news rooms. It ought to be against the law.

Last edited:
Sittin' here watching the morning news being repeated every thirty minutes and I catch the "top story" on the hour and the half. Today's "top story" is of course Joe Biden's attempt to soften our Constitution with a ban on "assault rifles" and high capacity magazines. The background video consists of short bursts of file footage depicting would-be-Rambos firing "assault rifles".

Lo and Behold the guy firing at the time the speaker of the news says "assault rifles" is holding the trigger back on an automatic weapon that is spitting out spent shells faster than any human could repeat the pulling of a trigger. It was a fully automatic AK-47.

This misleading of the public is a common practice among dishonest news rooms. It ought to be against the law.

Not likely that will happen. A court ruled that Fox News had the right to lie to people.

Not likely that will happen. A court ruled that Fox News had the right to lie to people.
I doubt they singled out Fox. Politicians would be in deep shit if lying was made illegal.

You should watch Fox news, it will blow your mind how much they lie and mislead.

Forum List

Back