It never gets any easier....

so, many of my friends on the board will remember my inheriting an old cat when my neighbor died.... And she and i rubbed along pretty damned well. And she got sick and died a little while ago. While at the vet, i was asked to, and adopted a really grumpy old cat who scratched and bit everyone she came into contact with..... Except me. With me, she purred like a kitten and we were best pals.

So, i took her in.

Anyway, she deteriorated really quickly over the last 24 hours and today, sadly, i had to have her put to sleep.

Fuck. I miss that old bitch already. She and i were great mates.... And, thanks to you all on the forum - when i sought advice and you all provided it - regardless of poltical affiliation.

Thanks particularly to jake.... Who despite wanting to 'throw me and my ilk out of his republican party' was always there with advice and support.

Thank you, ez... You know why.

And.... Thanks to mini and moopoo who taught a dog lover the meaning of owned by a cat.

I have discovered i do have a heart and today it is broken.... Again.

Oh and.... Fuck you mudwhistle.

How ya feeling?

Its kitten season, time for you to get a baby.

I'm not sure I can do that yet. :( I need a little distance.... then I guess I'll head down to the local cat home and see if they have another old cat that needs staff. :eusa_angel: They find it hard to home the older ones so I'd rather take one that needs a home rather than a cute kitty.

How ya feeling?

I'm not sure I can do that yet. :( I need a little distance.... then I guess I'll head down to the local cat home and see if they have another old cat that needs staff. :eusa_angel: They find it hard to home the older ones so I'd rather take one that needs a home rather than a cute kitty.
I'm sorry but this must be done. They need a home.

kittens21.jpg

1284063775_120084667_1-Pictures-of--6-kittens-need-a-home-1284063775.jpg

How ya feeling?

kittens21.jpg

Oh man!!!! I'll take all of 'em. :eusa_angel: They're adorable!!!

kittens21.jpg

Oh man!!!! I'll take all of 'em. :eusa_angel: They're adorable!!!

I found the two bottom kittens on this link
6 Kittens need GREAT home Classified Ad - College Station Free Adoptions Animals and Pets | InetGiant College Station, Texas Free Advertising Website

AND THE TOP KITTENS ON THIS LINK
Adopt a Kitten, Rescue a Cat |

I missed this thread, CG. I'm so sorry for your loss.:(

Now get thee down to a shelter and save another one....when you can.

I missed this thread, CG. I'm so sorry for your loss.:(

Now get thee down to a shelter and save another one....when you can.

Yea, I'm gonna do that in a couple of weeks. Maybe two. See how it goes but if I can take two older ones that will settle together, I think I might do that.

It never gets any easier.....

:( We lost one of our dogs last year from a stroke. The last month of his life we tried everything to save him. It was heartbreaking.

Cat just deteriorated so damned fast... one day, fine.... the next.... well... she was clearly suffering... They could have done a bunch of tests and shit but she was suffering. It would have been selfish to try, I decided.

House is very, very empty without that nagging old meow of hers. She did have a very unique meow. :eusa_angel: And I really miss hearing her bashing her bowl in her demands for milk.

On the bright side, for her last months.... she had a cool life and seemed pretty happy with her accommodations.

Forum List

Back