It never gets any easier....

Oct 8, 2009
So, many of my friends on the board will remember my inheriting an old cat when my neighbor died.... and she and I rubbed along pretty damned well. And she got sick and died a little while ago. While at the vet, I was asked to, and adopted a really grumpy old cat who scratched and bit everyone she came into contact with..... except me. With me, she purred like a kitten and we were best pals.

So, I took her in.

Anyway, she deteriorated really quickly over the last 24 hours and today, sadly, I had to have her put to sleep.

Fuck. I miss that old bitch already. She and I were great mates.... and, thanks to you all on the forum - when I sought advice and you all provided it - regardless of poltical affiliation.

Thanks particularly to Jake.... who despite wanting to 'throw me and my ilk out of his republican party' was always there with advice and support.

Thank you, EZ... you know why.

And.... thanks to Mini and MooPoo who taught a dog lover the meaning of owned by a cat.

I have discovered I do have a heart and today it is broken.... again.

Oh and.... fuck you Mudwhistle.

Attachments

• $032.JPG
    $032.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 82
Sorry to read it, Cali.

But the cat's time was at hand and take some heart knowing that you gave that creature some dignity despite the fact that it losts its master in its old age, and that you were there to help it pass with some dignity, too.

So, many of my friends on the board will remember my inheriting an old cat when my neighbor died.... and she and I rubbed along pretty damned well. And she got sick and died a little while ago. While at the vet, I was asked to, and adopted a really grumpy old cat who scratched and bit everyone she came into contact with..... except me. With me, she purred like a kitten and we were best pals.

So, I took her in.

Anyway, she deteriorated really quickly over the last 24 hours and today, sadly, I had to have her put to sleep.

Fuck. I miss that old bitch already. She and I were great mates.... and, thanks to you all on the forum - when I sought advice and you all provided it - regardless of poltical affiliation.

Thanks particularly to Jake.... who despite wanting to 'throw me and my ilk out of his republican party' was always there with advice and support.

Thank you, EZ... you know why.

And.... thanks to Mini and MooPoo who taught a dog lover the meaning of owned by a cat.

I have discovered I do have a heart and today it is broken.... again.

Oh and.... fuck you Mudwhistle.

I'm so sorry, Cali. :(

I missed that thread. I am so sorry for I have "been there" and know well the sense of sadness and aloneness you have experienced. I groom my puss every night and tell her, "don't `cha go leavin` me now." She completes the circle. I am saddened for your loss, CA Girl; it seems you had a very close relationship. Two of a kind?? Sassy and your own beings.

So sorry for your loss Cali.

Been there quite a few times in my life.

Sounds like your kitty was an old beeaaacchh.

I'm sure she'll be waiting at the Rainbow Bridge so she can his, spit and bite the next passerby. LOL

Seriously. Deepest sympathies for your loss my friend.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back