It Needs To Be Said: "2016 (and beyond) Pro-Trump Or Anti-Democrat"?

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
The title says it all. The big rallies behind Donald Trump even with his clearly repugnant persona, boasting, childish, temperamental. It could not have been all 100% pro-Trump support.

I contend it was at least in significant part, anti-democrat support with Trump as an "anything will do" figurehead to lead that angst.

Let's face it; in 2016 all the dems had to offer was boys in girls' bathrooms at schools, under threat of financial punishment no less; and not much else. This on the heels of forced-gay marriage in all 50 states with the dying Ginsburg at the time advertising beforehand that (paraphrased) "The entire country is getting gay marriage and if they don't like it, they can shove it."

That type of tyranny spawned a movement. Falsely, I believe, even with the most zealous (unaware) supporters of Trump. Instead it was coming from a place of fear. There is no motivator quite like fear. And hence the YUGE rallies. And not admiration of Donald Trump. With his evident narcissism I'm sure it will burn like battery acid to hear this.

Was every single person in the photo a republican? Nope. Was every single person in the photo completely enraptured with Trump the man? Nope. Was every single person in the photo sick to death of democratic fascism under Obama and the Pelosi/Reid/Mook Mafia bloc? Yep.

Middle voters think. They aren't the blind chanters you find at either end of the political spectrum. They all could be from Missouri in that they are the "show me" voter. They can do sophisticated mental gymnastics like weigh the lesser of two evils. Evil Trump vs evil democrat fascism. They chose the lesser of two evils and they'll do it again: https://psmag.com/news/the-least-analytical-2016-voters-democrats-who-supported-trump

in 2016, anti Democrat/Hillary and hoping Trump would honor his word on judicial appointments

NOW? pro Trump

Imagine that. The retard obsessed with gay marriage and trannies thinks the 2016 election was really about...gay marriage and trannies. The economy, national security, and Hillary being as likeable as herpes were barely factors.

Sil spent months here going on and on about how gay issues were going to harm President Trump. He called a gay wedding beautiful and allows trannies to use whatever bathroom they wish in Trump Tower.

Fast forward a couple years: now it’s one of the main reasons Trump won in 2016.

Positively Schizophrenic.

It's both, but Trump showed he would not be a squishy go along to get along Republican like all the other contenders in the primary and that gave them hope that this would be a different kind of Republican. And he is, which is why his base is still 100% behind him. With that, and the childish behavior of the Dems and their endless investigations, Trump will be reelected in 2020.

The title says it all. The big rallies behind Donald Trump even with his clearly repugnant persona, boasting, childish, temperamental. It could not have been all 100% pro-Trump support.

I contend it was at least in significant part, anti-democrat support with Trump as an "anything will do" figurehead to lead that angst.

Let's face it; in 2016 all the dems had to offer was boys in girls' bathrooms at schools, under threat of financial punishment no less; and not much else. This on the heels of forced-gay marriage in all 50 states with the dying Ginsburg at the time advertising beforehand that (paraphrased) "The entire country is getting gay marriage and if they don't like it, they can shove it."

That type of tyranny spawned a movement. Falsely, I believe, even with the most zealous (unaware) supporters of Trump. Instead it was coming from a place of fear. There is no motivator quite like fear. And hence the YUGE rallies. And not admiration of Donald Trump. With his evident narcissism I'm sure it will burn like battery acid to hear this.

Was every single person in the photo a republican? Nope. Was every single person in the photo completely enraptured with Trump the man? Nope. Was every single person in the photo sick to death of democratic fascism under Obama and the Pelosi/Reid/Mook Mafia bloc? Yep.

Middle voters think. They aren't the blind chanters you find at either end of the political spectrum. They all could be from Missouri in that they are the "show me" voter. They can do sophisticated mental gymnastics like weigh the lesser of two evils. Evil Trump vs evil democrat fascism. They chose the lesser of two evils and they'll do it again: https://psmag.com/news/the-least-analytical-2016-voters-democrats-who-supported-trump
You mean "Pro Trump, racism and anti America" .........OR.......pro Democrat, diversity and policies that actually help the country.

in 2016, anti Democrat/Hillary and hoping Trump would honor his word on judicial appointments

NOW? pro Trump
No. Read the OP. Middle voters are always pro-pragmatism. They don’t ever blindly get behind anyone; particularly fickle loose-cannon types. They can flip on a dime.

Trump is a placeholder; nothing more. Word to the wise next election. You folks need middle voters to win. That means your candidate has to be either the lesser of two evils, or, Heaven forbid, an appealing candidate based on internal qualities & not external superficial charm or singsong.

What cracks me up is that Trumpers KNOW what a fuck up this clown is...they KNOW how repugnant and incompetent he is and don't care.

They're driven by hatred

Democrats always sling mud at any Republican candidate. Trump won because he is willing to fight back and fight to win. The Republican Party is not the same Republican Party of a decade ago. Ron Paul got the ball rolling and the Tea Party took off from there. The New Republican Party will not stand back and refuse to call democrats and the liberal press out when they lie to steal votes. Romney, Bush, Ryan, and he whose name I will not repeat all stood there and refused to fight back against the lies told by democrats. We will not be stopped by lies told by the democrat machine of the fake news press. We will support Donald Trump in the next election and win in a landslide. Look at the democrats first month in control of the House, nothing accomplished. The Government is open, Congressmen are getting paid, only those non essential government employees are not working so whats the problem? Answer is the democrats don’t want the government to function in any manner to solve our country’s problems. The results of the democrat controlled houses inability to function under pelosi will lead to a Republican landslide and The New Republican Party will control both houses of Congress, the Presidency and most of the rinos will be gone.
A great day for America.

Last edited:
What cracks me up is that Trumpers KNOW what a fuck up this clown is...they KNOW how repugnant and incompetent he is and don't care.

They're driven by hatred
the left is absolutely driven by hatred

trump was never called a racist until he ran for office as a republican

Bush, Romney & McCain were all called racists as well...

They're driven by hatred
No. They’re driven by rightful fear of alarming unchecked blind & extreme democrat social-agendas-by-force that even the Koolaid drinkers themselves don’t know where the end game is.

Like a freight train zooming downhill right to their village with no brakes & the engineer is busy tripping his brains out on 20 hits of LSD.

Trump is everything the modern conservative wants to be. He is a hero. Rural white America is teaching their kids it’s fantastic to be an asshole to everyone and to never accept personal responsibility for anything.

I support Trump.
I have contempt for both corrupt parties and the lifelong career snakes that run DC.
My vote for him was a middle finger to both.

Some of us find both choices pretty repulsive.

I was never a fan of Trump prior to his candidacy. He's egotistical, says some stupid things, and his demeanor sometimes is just plain ANNOYING. Compare his speaking style to a JFK, or Reagan. No comparison. He comes off as loud and boorish, and not a statesmen. However, here comes the "but".

His policies are sound, and I believe they are working especially with regards to his economic and tax policies, as well as Energy policy. I like that he wants to secure our border. I like low unemployment, a growing economy, and I like cheap gasoline! Less unneeded regulations? Bring it on.

Do I wish his personality were different? Yes, but then maybe he wouldn't be as effective either.

Last edited:
I was never a fan of Trump prior to his candidacy. He's egotistical, says some stupid things, and his demeanor sometimes just plain ANNOYING. Compare his speaking style to a JFK, or Reagan. No comparison. He comes off as loud and boorish, and not a statement. However, here comes the "but".

His policies are sound, and I believe they are working especially with regards to his economic and tax policies, as well as Energy policy. I like that he wants to secure our border. I like low unemployment, a growing economy, and I like cheap gasoline! Less unneeded regulations? Bring it on.

Do I wish his personality were different? Yes, but then maybe he wouldn't be as effective either.
That was a very thoughtful post. Thank you.

Forum List

Back