It matters not who got our economy to this point

I think Obama is deliberately making things worse. It's like he's trying to overwhelm the system and I've heard some on the left start talking about completely tearing down our capitalist system and rebuilding it differently.

What we need is to have the government taking back control of the federal reserve. If things were as they were meant to be, perhaps we wouldn't be in this mess. Both sides are equally to blame over the years, but Obama seems hellbent on destroying the country completely. I think it's by design.

USC is right; it is all a game; "game" may be too strong a word--it is all theater because the stakes are for real.

If Romney does win; the debt ceiling will be raised without so much as a peep from the House. If Obama wins, expect WW III. If the parties and roles were reversed the same damn thing would happen. Harry Reid is basically vetoing bills from the House at this point. Why? Because he can. Mitch McConnell would be doing the same thing.

Until we fix the Constitution to have rules in it for Congress, nothing is going to change because politics is often the determining factor in what Congress wants to do.

Voting 3rd party (regardless of party) in november would send the message. Both parties are out to lunch fiscally.

Unfortunately the American electorate which is mostly uninformed will not vote 3rd party.
I will explain. Too many people vote as thouhg they are trying to pick the winner of a horse race.
I cannot say how many times I have heard people say "I won't vote third party because I don't want to waste my vote"....Or, " I voted for the winner".
That is nonsense. People who think this way should not be permitted to decide the leader of the Free World.
I think that in order to become eligible to vote each of us should be required a to pass a simple civics test. 5 questions, that's all. Stuff everyone should know. Stuff people who take their citizenship test could rattle off without blinking.

Listen up shitstain. It matters. If you don't know what caused something, you will do it again. This is why education is important. I know your kind simply doesn't get it. It's partially why you want to vote to bring back the failed Bush economic policies. The other part is race.

Brigh back??? When did Obama stop Bush's economic policies? he's taken everything Bush did wrong and magnify it by 100.

More spending doesnt fix the problem. Spending cuts, tax cuts, and a balanced budget do.

Tax cuts and financial deregulation are the major reasons we're in the mess we're in. You can thank the obstructionist House for continued Bush policies there.

I think Obama is deliberately making things worse. It's like he's trying to overwhelm the system and I've heard some on the left start talking about completely tearing down our capitalist system and rebuilding it differently.

What we need is to have the government taking back control of the federal reserve. If things were as they were meant to be, perhaps we wouldn't be in this mess. Both sides are equally to blame over the years, but Obama seems hellbent on destroying the country completely. I think it's by design.

Obama's goal has always been to increase the size and scope of of the federal government and increase dependency on government.

Listen up shitstain. It matters. If you don't know what caused something, you will do it again. This is why education is important. I know your kind simply doesn't get it. It's partially why you want to vote to bring back the failed Bush economic policies. The other part is race.

Brigh back??? When did Obama stop Bush's economic policies? he's taken everything Bush did wrong and magnify it by 100.

More spending doesnt fix the problem. Spending cuts, tax cuts, and a balanced budget do.

Tax cuts and financial deregulation are the major reasons we're in the mess we're in. You can thank the obstructionist House for continued Bush policies there.

Funny because before Pelosi took over the economy was fine, but talk about Obstuctionists. Yeah raise the taxes man, what should they be at? Lets raise the min wage to $100 too, I'm sure you're for that as well, are you not?

Funny because before Pelosi took over the economy was fine, but talk about Obstuctionists. Yeah raise the taxes man, what should they be at? Lets raise the min wage to $100 too, I'm sure you're for that as well, are you not?

I don't really know you but the odds are high that I pay more taxes than you (I pay about twice the effective rate that Mitt Romney pays). The elites in this country are getting away with murder compared to more prosperous decades. If I had to share the pain, I'd do it but they'd better start by taxing the people who benefit more from this country than I do.

USC is right; it is all a game; "game" may be too strong a word--it is all theater because the stakes are for real.

If Romney does win; the debt ceiling will be raised without so much as a peep from the House. If Obama wins, expect WW III. If the parties and roles were reversed the same damn thing would happen. Harry Reid is basically vetoing bills from the House at this point. Why? Because he can. Mitch McConnell would be doing the same thing.

Until we fix the Constitution to have rules in it for Congress, nothing is going to change because politics is often the determining factor in what Congress wants to do.

Voting 3rd party (regardless of party) in november would send the message. Both parties are out to lunch fiscally.

Unfortunately the American electorate which is mostly uninformed will not vote 3rd party.
I will explain. Too many people vote as thouhg they are trying to pick the winner of a horse race.
I cannot say how many times I have heard people say "I won't vote third party because I don't want to waste my vote"....Or, " I voted for the winner".
That is nonsense. People who think this way should not be permitted to decide the leader of the Free World.
I think that in order to become eligible to vote each of us should be required a to pass a simple civics test. 5 questions, that's all. Stuff everyone should know. Stuff people who take their citizenship test could rattle off without blinking.

I disagree with any test. That is a bridge too far for me to cross. Although I agree with your sentiment.

I don't really know you but the odds are high that I pay more taxes than you (I pay about twice the effective rate that Mitt Romney pays). The elites in this country are getting away with murder compared to more prosperous decades. If I had to share the pain, I'd do it but they'd better start by taxing the people who benefit more from this country than I do.

I'd say the odds are higher that you're just a presumptuous prick.

Dear idiot,

it was NOT fine you con idiots had already fucked things up and continued to after Pelosi came into the majority

I disagree with any test. That is a bridge too far for me to cross. Although I agree with your sentiment.

I think simply removing the letters d and r from the ballets would change a lot.

Well the odds are certain that you are.

I'm not the one in denial.

I know it's hard to believe that someone like me, a highly paid professional, would give you the time of day but that's just the way I am. I like to think that even the most blind can eventually be brought to the light. I've been wrong about that in the past yet I still remain hopefu.

I know it's hard to believe that someone like me, a highly paid professional, would give you the time of day but that's just the way I am. I like to think that even the most blind can eventually be brought to the light. I've been wrong about that in the past yet I still remain hopefu.

You've been here for what? A few days? And you want to pretend you know me or anyone else on here for that matter? You've probably read maybe a dozen of my posts and you think you've got it all figured out?

Pompous is an understatement.

You've been here for what? A few days? And you want to pretend you know me or anyone else on here for that matter? You've probably read maybe a dozen of my posts and you think you've got it all figured out?

Pompous is an understatement.

Admittedly, I have not much to go on about you. Neither, do you have much to go on about me yet you're the one who said I was a presumptuous prick.

Let's get to know each other, how 'bout that? I'm a design engineer in the electronics industry, two college degrees, 20+ years of professional experience, married, two kids, fiscal conservative (at least with my own finances), much more savings than debt. I've seen the world through a combination of work travel and frequent flyer miles. Had my own business for a while. Performed more shit jobs in my younger days than anyone has a right to.

Anything else you want to know? I'll answer if it doesn't blow my anonymity.

So what's your story gramps?

fiscal conservative (at least with my own finances)

In other words, you aren't a fiscal conservative. You're a liberal. You can't be both.

I pay my bills, I've never declared bankruptcy, I outright own my house and cars, I've worked very hard not to overextend myself and I waited until I was established for the big ticket items (wife, kids, house, etc.) Yet, I can see the need for a social contract/safety net because there are a whole lot of people who aren't in that situation.

New Topics

Forum List

Back