It just doesnt end!!!!

The Doctor is out...of his mind Pete.

Using his warped logic...things like nuclear war for example, are simply something in the future and we should just ignore them until they actually happen. I mean there is no evidence that an all out nuclear war will ever occur is there?!?

People merely 'suggest' that there could be one.

So just ignore it a hopefully it will go away. :cuckoo:

"Move along, move along...nothing to see here folks."

I guess you must spend a whole lot of time in your bomb shelter, right?

Cause nuclear war could break out at any time.... right?

Using your warped logic, we should be afraid of every shadow - every suggestion of danger. The "Liberty University" team has been releasing these scare tactics every year or so for the last two decades. Their bread and butter comes from people who honestly believe that 9/11 was caused by the lesbians and every aspect of popular society is part of some massive plan to secularize America and destroy FAMILY VALUES.

Remember - these are the people who thought the George W. Bush was the second coming, here to take back the Holy Land from the infidels.

Jerry Falwell (RIP), Pat Robertson, Oral Roberts.... and on down the line. The fact that you're falling for their chicken-little-sky-is-falling bullshit makes me think you need to buy yourself a pew at Thomas Road.

There was something similar on my local news the other night about changing history teaching by not going back any further than (forget the year), but its not just suggestions!
Whats your point ... let me see if I cant find a link for that.

There are rightwignutters up here who are all the time telling us, "that was then, this is now and that "other" doesn't matter" so trying to redact history is about people who are stupid. That, unfortunately, is not confined to just one group, or party.

What's your point? Just because these "suggestions" have been offered in no way means that they're actually being considered. This is just more "TINKY WINKY IS GAY PROPANGANDA" fearmongering nonsense from Jerry Falwell's corpse (Liberty University).

Kind of what I was thinking about your -- "tinky winky gay propaganda." There's np slippery slope. Now bend over, this won't hurt a bit.:rolleyes:

There was something similar on my local news the other night about changing history teaching by not going back any further than (forget the year), but its not just suggestions!

It depends. If someone on the right did it, it's okay to go back as far as you. If it was a lefty and it f-d up, yesterday is off limits.:lol:

Using his warped logic...things like nuclear war for example, are simply something in the future and we should just ignore them until they actually happen. I mean there is no evidence that an all out nuclear war will ever occur is there?!?

Using your warped logic, we should be afraid of every shadow - every suggestion of danger. The "Liberty University" team has been releasing these scare tactics every year or so for the last two decades. Their bread and butter comes from people who honestly believe that 9/11 was caused by the lesbians and every aspect of popular society is part of some massive plan to secularize America and destroy FAMILY VALUES.

Remember - these are the people who thought the George W. Bush was the second coming, here to take back the Holy Land from the infidels.

Jerry Falwell (RIP), Pat Robertson, Oral Roberts.... and on down the line. The fact that you're falling for their chicken-little-sky-is-falling bullshit makes me think you need to buy yourself a pew at Thomas Road.

And using your warped "logic" we should ignore the 18 wheeler barelling down on us at 80 mph.

Get real, huh?

All of the links you've posted are about supposed "suggestions". They're all about what's supposedly going to happen, in the future. There is no evidence of anything like this actually happening, anywhere.

Unless you've got more bullshit links to show us?

Just out of curiosity, how do you think the future unfolds? does it just happen without any suggestions, or thought? Does it always follow what the people really want?

I think you are hiding in a barrell, and the bull is going to break it to pieces one day while you had no idea it would possible happen.

Who is tinky winky? I thought that was doc's real life nick ....:eusa_whistle:

I think it's the purple dude with the purse from Teletubbies.

DO I REALLY want to know what a teletubby is?:wtf:

Not likely. But if the urge to know is just that strong, given her age, it's likely your daughter watched them as a toddler, and can fill you in with more information than you ever wanted.

The hill dwelling neon little fuckers cause nightmares, if you ask me.

Come to think of it, this should pair with your coffee rather well...

teletubbies_2.jpg

Enjoy your day! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ack. The europeanization of our country marches forward (or tries to, at least). We're busily falling into pretty much what our ancestors came to this country to get away from.

i believe in just a few more years (or less) Americans will be fleeing back to England to get away from the taxes in America!:lol:

I believe Americans will take a stand right here and take the nation back with whatever aggression they need to take. I will be right there with them. There is no place to run to that can be better than the United States of America. We are, or at least still have the potential to be the most wonderful nation in the world.

Show me a link (not from Liberty University) that says anything like what you posted is actually being considered, and you'll have made a point.
That post he made should be sufficient proof that some lunatic extremists are actually considering it.
Until then, you're letting people control you by making you afraid.
Fear is used to control people and mold their thinking in various ways. The liberal's global warming scam is one. The conservative's pushing fear of terrorists is another. Oh, wait! That one's real.

How about the conservative's pushing the fear that higher taxes and big spending will sink the economy? Oh, darn. That one's valid also.

Pete got owned, hands down
Pete simply brought up a topic. It is now being discussed. He has an opinion and so do you. That's what this board is about....freedom to express your opinion and discuss whatever topic interests you. Pointing out the lunacy of extremists agendas is not always motivated by fear. Sometimes it is to project amazement of at the depth of stupidity ongoing around us.

I think you misread Missourian's post. He was not advocating hiding under the bed or scurrying to a bomb shelter.

There are rightwignutters up here who are all the time telling us, "that was then, this is now and that "other" doesn't matter" so trying to redact history is about people who are stupid. That, unfortunately, is not confined to just one group, or party.
True. Liberals want us to forget that Marx's system has already failed...repetitiously. Conservative extremists want us to ignore natural history. Religious fanatics would have us ignore all but their beliefs,

Tinky Winky is gay? :wtf:

TW is probably a dudette. Therefore the purse is not out of place.

To be omniscient, one must know EVERYTHING!

Not likely. But if the urge to know is just that strong, given her age, it's likely your daughter watched them as a toddler, and can fill you in with more information than you ever wanted.

The hill dwelling neon little fuckers cause nightmares, if you ask me.

Come to think of it, this should pair with your coffee rather well...

teletubbies_2.jpg

Enjoy your day! :lol:
I think Tinky Winky is female. Just look at the wide ass hips and the triangle under the purse!:ack-1:

All of the links you've posted are about supposed "suggestions". They're all about what's supposedly going to happen, in the future. There is no evidence of anything like this actually happening, anywhere.

Unless you've got more bullshit links to show us?

Just out of curiosity, how do you think the future unfolds? does it just happen without any suggestions, or thought? Does it always follow what the people really want?

I think you are hiding in a barrell, and the bull is going to break it to pieces one day while you had no idea it would possible happen.

Just out of curiosity, how do you think the future unfolds? Do you think there is a massive conspiracy to secularize America?

Do you think popular culture and political correctness are part of a conspiracy to destroy FAMILY VALUES?

This is a bullshit issue. I know it's part of the American conservative thinking - it's been pounded into your heads for years that "the liberals are out to destroy everything that makes America great, and re-write history" - and yet, no matter how afraid everyone has been for the last 20 years, IT HASN'T HAPPENED. The people who would support something like that are in even tinier a minority than the people who are actually afraid of it.

If you can give me a single example of a public school in this country actually doing what you all seem to be so afraid of, then I'll retract what I've said.

I don't think they are allowed to go back to before Obama became president.

Removing references to General Patton from Texas school books is about as likely as removing references to John Wayne.

Show me a link (not from Liberty University) that says anything like what you posted is actually being considered, and you'll have made a point.
That post he made should be sufficient proof that some lunatic extremists are actually considering it. Fear is used to control people and mold their thinking in various ways. The liberal's global warming scam is one. The conservative's pushing fear of terrorists is another. Oh, wait! That one's real.
Let's stay on topic. I'm not a Global Warming freak either.

In reference to what you said - perhaps some lunatic does want this. Does that mean it will happen? I've heard people on this message board and others advocate armed insurrection against Obama. Do those lunatics want civil war in this country? Probably. Is it going to happen? Of course not. To accept something like the OP requires you to believe that 1.) there's a massive conspiracy to destroy FAMILY VALUES or 2.) this is going to slip by without anyone noticing it.

Neither of those things is possible.

How about the conservative's pushing the fear that higher taxes and big spending will sink the economy? Oh, darn. That one's valid also.

Pete simply brought up a topic. It is now being discussed. He has an opinion and so do you. That's what this board is about....freedom to express your opinion and discuss whatever topic interests you. Pointing out the lunacy of extremists agendas is not always motivated by fear. Sometimes it is to project amazement of at the depth of stupidity ongoing around us.

I think you misread Missourian's post. He was not advocating hiding under the bed or scurrying to a bomb shelter.
I don't think I misread it. Maybe he miswrote it. He likened my dismissal of these ridiculous claims to "ignoring nuclear war". I don't see nuclear war as any more likely than the OP, but I guess he lilves in fear of that too.

True. Liberals want us to forget that Marx's system has already failed...repetitiously. Conservative extremists want us to ignore natural history. Religious fanatics would have us ignore all but their beliefs,

And, the letter in the OP was written by religious fanatics.

Last edited:
What a bunch of bullshit!

Liberty Counsel

Some of the suggestions that have come forward at various times include:

* Removing references to Daniel Boone, General George Patton, Nathan Hale, Columbus Day, and Christmas.
* Including the cultural impact of hip hop music, ACLU lawyer Clarence Darrow, and the Hindu holiday of Diwali.
* Replacing the term "American" with "Global Citizen"– stating that students need to be shaped "for responsible citizenship in a global society" without any mention of citizenship in American society.
* Replacing expansionism and free enterprise with imperialism and capitalism.

So, what's your solution?

Take the science and history books back 6,000 years when the world was started by the Creator, and ignore everything else before that?

Would you also suggest bringing back the "flat earth theory" and throwing out all the astrology since Copernicus and Galileo?

Peat Moss.........might wanna lay off the meds.......they're making you paranoid.

Quit watching FAUX and check out some Jon Stewart, you'll feel better.