CDZ It isn't that I hate the rich....

Onyx

Gold Member
Dec 17, 2015
It is a fact that to become filthy rich in this country, you have to be a crook.

Even the minority few which play by the law are still engaged in highly unethical practices. When their incompetence leads them to the brink of collapse, their wallets are protected by a final safety net; The hard labor of the plebian population ensures that the filthy rich will never be driven out of commission.

The corporate state provides us with a high standard of living and plenty of money to buy Big Macs and Iphones, but do we really want to live in a world built on blood money?

My opinion.

There is no honest businessman with over a billion in net worth.

The acquisition of wealth is universally known as 'making money'.
Truth is, nobody 'makes money', the only way to get rich is to TAKE money, from as many people as you can.
'Sucess' is the ability to relieve many of their possessions, and squirrel it away where other thieves can't get at it.

Truth is, nobody 'makes money', the only way to get rich is to TAKE money, from as many people as you can.
'Sucess' is the ability to relieve many of their possessions, and squirrel it away where other thieves can't get at it.

What?

Milllions of people came up with New ideas and inventions that people wanted to buy.

Not necessarily true.

One can conduct honest business, IE, provide a material/product/service and be paid at a fair rate. Greed and exploitation is not mutually exclusive.

Last edited:

Not necessarily true.

One can conduct honest business, IE, provide a material/product/service and be paid at a fair rate. Greed and exploitation is not mutually exclusive.

If you find an answer to that one you would win a noble prize.

I do have an answer for that.

Destroy the state, the one institution that every crook at one point or another pleaded before or milked to their advantage. Notice how the regions of America (the world for that matter) with almost no government have the least amount of corporate influence? More small businesses than franchises?

My opinion.

I kind of agree with that, you have to be dishonest to earn that kind of wealth.

I'm not sure you necessarily have to be dishonest as much as you have to be a dick. The steel mill I used to work at is owned by one of the richest people in the world. The steel industry has been in a slump so he laid a lot of people off. If he were to keep those people on he'd still be one of the richest people in the world, and a lot of people would still have jobs. What can ya' do? :dunno:

I do have an answer for that.

Destroy the state, the one institution that every crook at one point or another pleaded before or milked to their advantage. Notice how the regions of America (the world for that matter) with almost no government have the least amount of corporate influence? More small businesses than franchises?

This is the CDZ so I don't want to cut you down, but if you look at the facts in America ..like 90% of company's are small business owned even the franchises..with the exception of say walmart they own 100% of their stores.

My opinion.

I kind of agree with that, you have to be dishonest to earn that kind of wealth.

I'm not sure you necessarily have to be dishonest as much as you have to be a dick. The steel mill I used to work at is owned by one of the richest people in the world. The steel industry has been in a slump so he laid a lot of people off. If he were to keep those people on he'd still be one of the richest people in the world, and a lot of people would still have jobs. What can ya' do? :dunno:

So true..I forgot about playing hard ball and dealing with reality.

It is a fact that to become filthy rich in this country, you have to be a crook.
One does not need to literally or figuratively be a crook to become rich enough to enjoy a very comfortable lifestyle.

Even the minority few which play by the law are still engaged in highly unethical practices.

That's one hell of a broad accusation to make. Have you anything credible that shows it to be true and that defines just what "highly unethical means" so that we can tell roughly where the line is between what is "highly unethical," "unethical," "slightly unethical," and so on?

This is the CDZ so I don't want to cut you down, but if you look at the facts in America ..like 90% of company's are small business owned even the franchises..with the exception of say walmart they own 100% of their stores.

Franchises are not independent and they exist on the same greed scheme. Most are owned by excessively rich people too. 2/3rds of Americans are employed by corporations in some way or another. That is not including all the deadbeat traitors on government payroll.

8 out of 10 startups fail and 9 out of 10 restaurants fail in America. Almost all farmers are bitches of big agriculture, which is one of the most corrupt and evil sectors of the economy.

This is definitely a corporate state, and the problem gets progressively worse overtime.

One does not need to literally or figuratively be a crook to become rich enough to enjoy a very comfortable lifestyle.

It depends on your definition of very comfortable.

Noticed how the thread title is "It isn't that I hate the rich," I used the term filthy rich, and the subsequent post I narrow my criteria down to billionaires (although there are plenty of crooks which are not billionaires)

That's one hell of a broad accusation to make. Have you anything credible that shows it to be true and that defines just what "highly unethical means" so that we can tell roughly where the line is between what is "highly unethical," "unethical," "slightly unethical," and so on?

We'll make it an equal participation debate.

Give me one billionaire that you feel earned their wealth honestly, and I will show you how they did not.[/QUOTE]

My opinion.

So true..I forgot about playing hard ball and dealing with reality.

That's one reason I do support a minimum wage and certain business regulations. It sucks for small businesses and businesses who already pay their employees properly, but big corporations have already shown a million times over that they can't help being complete fucking scumbags. They really did ruin it for everybody else.

Franchises are not independent and they exist on the same greed scheme. Most are owned by excessively rich people too. 2/3rds of Americans are employed by corporations.

8 out of 10 startups fail and 9 out of 10 restaurants fail in America. Almost all farmers are bitches of big agriculture, which is one of the most corrupt and evil sectors of the economy.

This is definitely a corporate state, and the problem gets progressively worse overtime.

The franchise gets loans from banks, just take a drive anywhere in small town U.S.A that has say a McDonalds..do you see the mom and pop owner with a 10 million dollar mansion in say Santa clause Indiana ?

No they have a modest home.

That's one reason I do support a minimum wage and certain business regulations. It sucks for small businesses and businesses who already pay their employees properly, but big corporations have already shown a million times over that they can't help being complete fucking scumbags. They really did ruin it for everybody else.

Most of the crooks wanted a higher minimum wage than the federal standard. The exact number they want it at varies upon their interests.

Larger companies can afford to pay with tighter margins, but smaller businesses collapse with even the slightest decrease in their profit margins. Many of these crooks will gain a net profit because of minimum wage, because their independent competitors will be forced out of business.

Last edited:
It depends on your definition of very comfortable.

Noticed how the thread title is "It isn't that I hate the rich," I used the term filthy rich, and the subsequent post I narrow my criteria down to billionaires (although there are plenty of crooks which are not billionaires)

Okay...TY. I read only the thread title and the OP, so I was not aware that you've refined the meaning of "filthy rich."

Give me one billionaire that you feel earned their wealth honestly, and I will show you how they did not.

I don't know any billionaires well enough to do that. Even if I did, however, there are something shy of ~2000 billionaires on the planet, and my knowing any one of them who's not acted unethically would only narrow the scope of the accuracy of your remark by one, thus making the implied "all" of it inaccurate, but that individual would have no impact on its accuracy with regard to the overall population of billionaires, which is, I think, more to your point than is whether any one or even some small minority of them may or may behave ethically.

The franchise gets loans from banks, just take a drive anywhere in small town U.S.A that has say a McDonalds..do you see the mom and pop owner with a 10 million dollar mansion in say Santa clause Indiana ?

No they have a modest home.

Exceptions, not the rule. They still carry the corporate banner as well.

If they can pay the franchising fee than Mcdonalds will welcome them all the same, but they are still serving a corporation that lobbies the government and often engages in dishonest practices.

Forum List

Back