It is worse than you might think...a letter to the president of Darmouth college

MacTheKnife

Gold Member
Jul 20, 2018
Most are familiar with how leftwing and radical our most prestigious universites have become...saturated with political correctness and intolerant of different opinions and ideas they have insulated themselves into a pc world of nonsense. It is much worse than you might think.

'Dear President Hanlon,

On October 23, I spoke at your college. I was invited by members of College Republicans and Students Supporting Israel. They probably wanted to hear what I had to say because I am one of the most prominent conservative intellectuals in America, having published over twenty books, three of which were New York Times best-sellers and one of which was nominated for a National Book Award. The feminist Camille Paglia has said of me: “I respect the astute and rigorously unsentimental David Horowitz as one of America's most original and courageous political analysts…. As a scholar who regularly surveys archival material, I think that, a century from now, cultural historians will find David Horowitz's spiritual and political odyssey paradigmatic for our time.”

Despite my credentials, and even though these conservative students pay the same tuition - $75,000 per year – as your leftwing students, I was forced to raise the money to underwrite my visit and lecture. This was particularly galling to the Dartmouth conservatives who invited me, because the previous spring Dartmouth’s “Office of Pluralism and Leadership” sponsored a visit by notorious anti-Semite and terrorist supporter Linda Sarsour – who has no academic credentials to speak of – underwriting her expenses and paying her a reported $10,000 honorarium for her talk.'

Courtney Love: Linda Sarsour is an anti-Semitic terrorist

The Nightmare at Darmouth College..............Dartmouth Nightmare

'

Last edited:
Most are familiar with how leftwing and radical our most prestigious universites have become...saturated with political correctness and intolerant of different opinions and ideas they have insulated themselves into a pc world of nonsense. It is much worse than you might think.

'Dear President Hanlon,

On October 23, I spoke at your college. I was invited by members of College Republicans and Students Supporting Israel. They probably wanted to hear what I had to say because I am one of the most prominent conservative intellectuals in America, having published over twenty books, three of which were New York Times best-sellers and one of which was nominated for a National Book Award. The feminist Camille Paglia has said of me: “I respect the astute and rigorously unsentimental David Horowitz as one of America's most original and courageous political analysts…. As a scholar who regularly surveys archival material, I think that, a century from now, cultural historians will find David Horowitz's spiritual and political odyssey paradigmatic for our time.”

Despite my credentials, and even though these conservative students pay the same tuition - $75,000 per year – as your leftwing students, I was forced to raise the money to underwrite my visit and lecture. This was particularly galling to the Dartmouth conservatives who invited me, because the previous spring Dartmouth’s “Office of Pluralism and Leadership” sponsored a visit by notorious anti-Semite and terrorist supporter Linda Sarsour – who has no academic credentials to speak of – underwriting her expenses and paying her a reported $10,000 honorarium for her talk.'

'

Leftists are running the colleges. How do we oust them?

It's a huge boondoggle at this point. Frivolous classes, people there that are not college material..how does this get fixed?

'Dear President Hanlon,

'

It's a huge boondoggle at this point. Frivolous classes, people there that are not college material..how does this get fixed?

Send your kids to different colleges or don't hire people with degrees from the colleges you don't like?

'Dear President Hanlon,

'

Send your kids to different colleges or don't hire people with degrees from the colleges you don't like?

They're in almost all of them, even Catholic ones. it's bad, bad, I say!

'Dear President Hanlon,

'

It isn't really that simple.

Foundations are tax exempt "charities" for their support of Universities.

Government grants go to support the upkeep of them.

They are woven into the fabric of the nation.

That would be the solution to PRIVATE schools, but for PUBLIC ones?

'Dear President Hanlon,

'

It isn't really that simple.

Foundations are tax exempt "charities" for their support of Universities.

Government grants go to support the upkeep of them.

They are woven into the fabric of the nation.

That would be the solution to PRIVATE schools, but for PUBLIC ones?

Don't think of it as having to 100% shut them down. That's making a mountain out of a mole hill.

All you need to do is lower the demand for their degrees. A little bit of public humiliation for bogus "pay to play" degrees goes a long way also. Think of the housing market in Missouri. A black man or two moves in and then whites no longer want to buy the houses. The demand for that housing from whites disappears and the home values fall. The schools still have decent stats and are better than the ghetto schools plus the houses are likely newer so minorities still move in looking for a better situation. The demand for the homes wasn't removed entirely, just a bit of it.

Forum List

Back