It is time

I agree with you 100% on this point. However, does this really stretch all the way into "no governmental support"??

No.

But many remember the negative more than they remember the positive.

And sadly, as per the military, the positive is always the same.....usually nothing more than a prelude to something negative...

"Our military are brave and fearless, but we can not and will not allow the few rogue ones get away with dispicable actions....."

It is rare a speach goes like this...

"Sure there are a few rogue military memebers, but I want to spend my few minutes of air time talking about the greatness of those people that defend our freedoms....."

I am sure you see my point?

Nope, you lost me. "Many" as in military members, or those outside? Which rogue figures are you referring to?

That was an made up example.

The only time our politicians compliment the military is when the military is a subject of a debate...

with very few exceptions, I never see a poilitican use his/her air time to compliment the military.

But I have seen many use their air time to criticize the few that MAY warrant criticism...such as the ones accused of murder...and the seals accused of physical harrassment.

Boy did many politicians jump all over those.....and yes, many started off with the same generic line...."The majority of our military are brave and deserve our thanks...BUT......."

It would just be nice to hear our politicians say ......

" I do not want to address the situation with the seals. The court will sort that out. I want to use my time to compliment the vast majority of our brave men and women....."

But that is not proven to be politically expedient.

Your problem Peepers is that you have a chip on your shoulder regarding the previous administration...and as with many, much of that chip is based strictly on speculation and little on fact.

Oh really? The information is on the interwebs. Please feel free to refute what I said. Shrub was planning the invasion of Iraq before 9-11. That was his "in".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/newsnight/4354269.stm

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Karen_Kwiatkowski

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/CompanyFocus/WhosProfitingFromTheIraqWar.aspx

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2005/06/14/DI2005061401261.html

There's much, much more.

Last edited:
Your problem Peepers is that you have a chip on your shoulder regarding the previous administration...and as with many, much of that chip is based strictly on speculation and little on fact.

Oh really? The information is on the interwebs. Please feel free to refute what I said. Shrub was planning the invasion of Iraq before 9-11. That was his "in".

"Shrub" in itself speaks volumes about your chip

Bush and the ENITRE world's intel said there were WMD's before 9-11....so I dont get your 9-11 thing.

And yes, 9-11 WAS his in. No one is arguing that. We had a large amount of our military and military supplies already in the region. We had bases already up and running. We had flattop fleets in the region.
It was the most cost effective time to do it, albeit, it was proven to be a foolish move from a strategy standpoint....but that in itself is why I deemed him NOT a worthy war time CIC.

blah, blah, blah ...

Are you proposing a military coup because your team didnt win the election?

MORE yada, yada, yada ...

Anyone's "TEAM"?!?

WTF are YOU smoking?

What about those of us that just want The Terms/The CONTRACT/

our fucking CONSTITUTION (!!!)

to be upheld?

And have the EXPECTATION that our military,

comprised of our CHILDREN/PARENTS/RELATIVES,

WILL UpHold?

And NOT to OUR Detriment,

but FOR our "good?"

The only revolution we need is for people to vote for the candidates of their choice. Hopefully, they'll smarten up and not elect just a pretty, empty package like they did last time.
Didn't that already happen; dodging an empty package???? :eusa_eh:
Wow. What a dumb article.

No, you're not paying attention. You elected an empty package because he read pretty but vacuous speeches off a monitor.

Idiot.

Supporting military operations is not necessarily supporting the military personnel...it is supporting the military operations.

Please explain this delineation.

Supporting military operations refers to the needs rquired to succeed in a military operation.

Supporting the military refers to supporting the people IN the military whether on the front, in boot camp, retired, during peace time, etc.

The term "the military" refers to the personnel.

OK, Jarhead, Bush stated that he would veto the New GI Bill if it came across his desk. President Obama supported that bill. So who supported the troops?

Bush actually wanted to cut the pay of our troops in Iraq after the Iraqi military was crushed, because he stated that the war was over. Even though we were taking casaulties daily. Now is that support of our troops?

You Conservatives continualy lie about the support of our troops by Liberals. What we do not support are wars based on lies. What we do not support is letting the murderer of 3000 Americans on American soil get away. Get away as the Special Forces at Tora Bora were begging for permission to go in and get Bin Laden. It is not we Liberals who should be defensive about our support of the troops, it is you Conservatives. You fellow support wars and corperations that make billions off of those wars, but you do not support the troops.

blah, blah, blah ...

Are you proposing a military coup because your team didnt win the election?

MORE yada, yada, yada ...

Anyone's "TEAM"?!?

WTF are YOU smoking?

What about those of us that just want The Terms/The CONTRACT/

our fucking CONSTITUTION (!!!)

to be upheld?

And have the EXPECTATION that our military,

comprised of our CHILDREN/PARENTS/RELATIVES,

WILL UpHold?

And NOT to OUR Detriment,

but FOR our "good?"

Bullshit. And who made a big deal of the Mosque that was to be built a two and a half blocks from the site of the Twin Towers? Has the First Amendment been changed? Who is trying to change the Fourteenth Amendment?

The present mood of the Mainstream Republican Party is that of an adolescent that has been denied his own way. We hear this idiotic bullshit about a real revolution by force, not from the Liberals, but from you Conservatives.

The legislation that we have seen since 20Jan01 was passed by a duly elected Congress and Senate, signed by a duly elected President. If you want to change it, then elect a majority into those chambers, and elect your own President. That is how it is done in this nation. The constant bullshit we hear from your side concerning 'revolution' is as unconstitutional as it gets. You threaton to overthrow an elected government by force. How is that any differant than what happens in third world nations?

Bullshit. And who made a big deal of the Mosque that was to be built a two and a half blocks from the site of the Twin Towers? Has the First Amendment been changed? Who is trying to change the Fourteenth Amendment?

NO! It isn't a religious structure that I oppose ~

IT"S ISLAM!

LIVE in one of those countries, for More than a year,

THEN come and tell me about how peaceful and Tolerant they are.

They AREN'T. I have lived there, and I know, firsthand.

The present mood of the Mainstream Republican Party is that of an adolescent that has been denied his own way. We hear this idiotic bullshit about a real revolution by force, not from the Liberals, but from you Conservatives.

OMG!!!

Seriously?

You still believe it's Dims against Repugs?!?

The legislation that we have seen since 20Jan01 was passed by a duly elected Congress and Senate, signed by a duly elected President. If you want to change it, then elect a majority into those chambers, and elect your own President. That is how it is done in this nation. The constant bullshit we hear from your side concerning 'revolution' is as unconstitutional as it gets. You threaton to overthrow an elected government by force. How is that any differant than what happens in third world nations?

If "your side" DOESN'T want some sort of revolution, to RESTORE each of ours's rights,

you just don't "get it."

We're ALL getting fucked over.

Forum List

Back