It IS the economy, stupid

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
Very encouraging speech from Romney reported today. Accuses Obama of being inept and pushing policies that were ill thought out, ineffective, and waffling. Says they represent a moral failure because of the pain and suffering they caused. He is right, 100% right.
Nice to see him hitting the right buttons. This is exactly the tack he needs to take in getting to the White House.
I have come around to liking Romney more and more. I respect the job he's done getting through the primaries,building a formidable organization in the process. He clearly knows how to run something.
Romney calls Obama

Mitt Romney called President Barack Obama's handling of the economy a "moral failure of tragic proportions," suggesting he's failed the American people by enacting policies that have been "muddled, confused and simply ineffective."

Speaking at a campaign event in St. Louis, the Republican nominee said it is "painfully obvious" that Obama was "inexperienced" and "simply not up to the task" of leading the country out of this "great economic crisis."

"We have waited, and waited and waited for recovery, and enough time has passed to pronounce judgment on the economic policies of this administration: They have not worked," Romney told supporters at a campaign event in St. Louis. "Your government has failed you."

The Republican nominee accused Obama of being unfriendly to "free enterprise" and said his administration has failed to deliver on its chief commitment to the country: helping "every American help themselves."

"I do not believe this has been done with evil intent or ill will," Romney noted. "But for a family watching their house being sold at foreclosure, or the family that is forced to spend their kid's college savings just to make ends meet, the results are just as devastating."

Romney vowed to do "everything in my power to end these days of drift and disappointment," suggesting something is "fundamentally wrong" with the country's course when 23 million Americans remain out of work.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
You're liking him more and more just because of what he says? Congratulations, you're as much of an idiot for Romney as liberals were for Obama in 2008. All we need now is for Romney to say "Hope and change".

You're liking him more and more just because of what he says? Congratulations, you're as much of an idiot for Romney as liberals were for Obama in 2008. All we need now is for Romney to say "Hope and change".

Yeah surprisingly what someone says does actually affect what I think of them. I think you're an idiot based on your post, for example.

Romney could easily have gotten distracted in the message. He could have criticized Obaam on a bunch of other issues, liek Afghanistan. But he isn't. He knows what the Democrats' weakness is: 4 years of the worst recovery on record. Calling it a moral issue because of the suffering involved is very clever, rather than citing dry facts. It puts a human face on it, and takes away the Dems' conceit that they "care" about people.

And on the economy, Obama apparently has two narratives:

1. I inherited this mess,
2. It would have been so much worse if not for me.

That's why he's talking about contraceptives and Bain Capital. He's got not one accomplishment he can run on.

Last edited:
And on the economy, Obama apparently has two narratives:

1. I inherited this mess,
2. It would have been so much worse if not for me.

That's why he's talking about contraceptives and Bain Capital. He's got not one accomplishment he can run on.

And a major fail on both!

Yes, Obama will not sacrifice US lives and run as a "war president", so the economy IS the primary issue.

Yes, Obama will not sacrifice US lives and run as a "war president", so the economy IS the primary issue.

You think he isn't sacrificing lives in a failed and futile strategy in Afghanistan? You think he isn't beating the death of bin Laden like a red headed step child? You think he isn't changing the subject from the economy to ANYTHING else?
Do you think?

really...? ...then what was his Afghan surge in 2009 all about.....?

(CNSNews.com) - Although President Obama has only served 39 months in office, 69 percent of the U.S. military fatalities in the more than 10-year-old war in Afghanistan have occurred on his watch.

Month-to-Month U.S. Casualties in Afghan War
aprilafghandeaths12-2_0.jpg

Obama

Very encouraging speech from Romney reported today. Accuses Obama of being inept and pushing policies that were ill thought out, ineffective, and waffling. Says they represent a moral failure because of the pain and suffering they caused. He is right, 100% right.
Nice to see him hitting the right buttons. This is exactly the tack he needs to take in getting to the White House.
I have come around to liking Romney more and more. I respect the job he's done getting through the primaries,building a formidable organization in the process. He clearly knows how to run something.
Romney calls Obama

Mitt Romney called President Barack Obama's handling of the economy a "moral failure of tragic proportions," suggesting he's failed the American people by enacting policies that have been "muddled, confused and simply ineffective."

Speaking at a campaign event in St. Louis, the Republican nominee said it is "painfully obvious" that Obama was "inexperienced" and "simply not up to the task" of leading the country out of this "great economic crisis."

"We have waited, and waited and waited for recovery, and enough time has passed to pronounce judgment on the economic policies of this administration: They have not worked," Romney told supporters at a campaign event in St. Louis. "Your government has failed you."

The Republican nominee accused Obama of being unfriendly to "free enterprise" and said his administration has failed to deliver on its chief commitment to the country: helping "every American help themselves."

"I do not believe this has been done with evil intent or ill will," Romney noted. "But for a family watching their house being sold at foreclosure, or the family that is forced to spend their kid's college savings just to make ends meet, the results are just as devastating."

Romney vowed to do "everything in my power to end these days of drift and disappointment," suggesting something is "fundamentally wrong" with the country's course when 23 million Americans remain out of work.

I heard the speech. That line drew applause. As did every line that noted negatives about the economy and Obama.

That line is it. He's going to do everything in his power! Fantastic! Such detail.

You think he isn't sacrificing lives in a failed and futile strategy in Afghanistan? You think he isn't beating the death of bin Laden like a red headed step child? You think he isn't changing the subject from the economy to ANYTHING else?
Do you think?

You should know I referenced IRAQ; and the economy remains the #1 issue. Obama may try to add months to the year also, but November will arrive.

Mittens STILL has not given any hint of what he would do excpet for giving his wealthy cronies an even bigger tax cut.

Speech today by Obama, as usual, laid down very definite steps. But, Boehner said they will do nothing (how will we tell the difference? McCain said the same thing last year and DeMint and others said it the year before).

Anyway, Boehner said they would do nothing and then left on yet another vacation.

Dems asked them to stay because of pending legislation but hell, the Rs are still ignoring the Jobs Act so there's no way they'll work on anything to help us now.

Obama has created in excess of 4 million new jobs. More than 27 months of job growth, thanks to Obama.

Repubs?

Not a fucking thing and Mitt plans to keep that record going. Worse, the R congress does as well. Reason? Because, its all about giving more money to the one percenters.

You all know that. Quit pretending you don't.

Romney calls Obama

I heard the speech. That line drew applause. As did every line that noted negatives about the economy and Obama.

That line is it. He's going to do everything in his power! Fantastic! Such detail.

"Jokers to the left of me, clowns to the right"; I am still in the middle. Romney has released some fairly detailed plans actually, I have read them.

I'm voting for a talking squirrel that lives in the tree in my front yard, the ideas he has trump Romney's and for sure Obama's.

Do you think?

You should know I referenced IRAQ; and the economy remains the #1 issue. Obama may try to add months to the year also, but November will arrive.
OK, he fucked up in Iraq too. But I notice he never mentions either Iraq or Afghanistan. It's like the last 3 years never happened.

Mittens STILL has not given any hint of what he would do excpet for giving his wealthy cronies an even bigger tax cut.

Speech today by Obama, as usual, laid down very definite steps. But, Boehner said they will do nothing (how will we tell the difference? McCain said the same thing last year and DeMint and others said it the year before).

Anyway, Boehner said they would do nothing and then left on yet another vacation.

Dems asked them to stay because of pending legislation but hell, the Rs are still ignoring the Jobs Act so there's no way they'll work on anything to help us now.

Obama has created in excess of 4 million new jobs. More than 27 months of job growth, thanks to Obama.

Repubs?

Not a fucking thing and Mitt plans to keep that record going. Worse, the R congress does as well. Reason? Because, its all about giving more money to the one percenters.

You all know that. Quit pretending you don't.

quit pretending that it wasn't a total D congress from Jan 2007....till the Rs managed to get control of the House in 2010....note the corresponding trends....:eusa_whistle:

1081_figure2.gif

Do you think?

OK, he fucked up in Iraq too. But I notice he never mentions either Iraq or Afghanistan. It's like the last 3 years never happened.

Iraq belongs to Bush II, I do not see Romney as so inclined. I view him as far superior to baby Bush, as I did McCain, Dole, AND GHWB.

Romney calls Obama

"Jokers to the left of me, clowns to the right"; I am still in the middle. Romney has released some fairly detailed plans actually, I have read them.

Please.......outline them. Kindly omit the plans that have already been tried and proven to fail. Thanks.

Iraq belongs to Bush II, I do not see Romney as so inclined. I view him as far superior to baby Bush, as I did McCain, Dole, AND GHWB.

So Obama had nothing whatsoever to do with Iraq? Is that your belief here?

Forum List

Back