It is rather sad...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BasicGreatGuy, Nov 14, 2009.

1. BasicGreatGuy

BasicGreatGuy Aut libertas aut mors

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +427
    It is rather sad, that manners and integrity are trampled under foot by so many on the internet. With freedom of expression comes a responsibility. So many reveling in their cancerous rancor toward others, shooting the arrows of viciousness and contempt towards the mirror of self the glass giving way and cutting the flesh of others.

Why do so many of you relish is being vile towards yourself and others? And to make the sore all the more inflamed, the very words and actions that are vile and hateful, are often the very ones that are lauded and praised.

For some, it is easier to become that which they once abhorred, than walk the road less traveled.

We must speak the truth with earnest hearts and temperate tongues, lest we engage in the soliloquy of poetic fools.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. L.K.Eder

L.K.Eder unbannable non-troll

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,524
    hu man na ture

3. BasicGreatGuy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +427
    That is a pathetic excuse. Trying to rationalize being vulgar and rude to others, because it is seen as fun or not real, just because it is on the internet, is not going to cut it.

It is human nature to go to the bathroom. That doesn't mean that you should soil yourself and others, just because you think it is 'human nature.'

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. L.K.Eder

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,524
    thank you, you were needed to show me the way. here is a hint: you were insulting me with your answer and with your pretentious OP, that would be a starting point to fight, hu man na ture.

5. BasicGreatGuy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +427
    I didn't personally accuse you of being guilty of what I spoke of. It seems you have an attack of the guilts. I have not been rude to you. I simply called your reply what it was, in a honest and civil manner. The truth stings like a sharp bitter wind sometimes.

6. L.K.Eder

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,524
    let us restart. i think your quest is quixotic as human nature will always foil your good intentions, exhibit a: your thread

7. BasicGreatGuy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +427
    Granted, we are all imperfect. At the same time, that simple fact should not be used as some kind of crutch or excuse, to not do our best.

8. L.K.Eder

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,524
    you are right, but you are don quixote if you actually try to pursue this noble goal on a political message board.

9. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,985
    Yes, as humans are social animals, and as this is a micro-society, we will attempt to enforce proper behavior of those in that society through social means - showing proper behavior in return for its being given and ridicule/dismiss/shun/etc. those out of societal norms - sociopaths, in its most base definition. Societal enforcement of law is the much more effective than any authoritarian enforcement, only when speech is completely free, that is. It's quite fitting in the libertarian ideals, as a matter of fact.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  10. Lumpy 1

Lumpy 1 Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,266
    I think it's good that people have a place to blow off some steam and can hide in the virtual world without repercussions. Sometimes... it down right pisses me off when I run across the bluntly ignorant. I've reconciled that maybe if they blow it out in the virtual, they just might not in the real.

I always try to be respectful and humorous but seem to enjoy getting the heat up a little..I believe you just have to accept what is and deal with it... or just move on..