It Is Painfully True.

Disingenuous poster drops this on the board and what exactly does this infer? To a normal person?

image-jpg.38461

Yes, it implies that everyone in Germany gets to go to college for free. Now you can piss off.

No, my less than intelligent friend. I made no such inference. It clearly says that all college tuition is free in Germany. That means that those who do go to college there , do so tuition free. Ya dumb fuck, ya.

It's not free they all pay for it in taxes.

Really? They pay taxes when they aren't making money? That's novel....where did you hear that?

Here, if they are working, they pay taxes and still have to pay for their tuition. I guess you don't see the difference?

We don't have 75% of our pay check taken from us in taxes.

Where do you get such misinformation? I didn't see anywhere someone has to pay 75%. If anything, Germany doesn't coddle the rich like we do here, based on Republican policies.

How To Germany - Paying Taxes in Germany

I was using a general tax throughout Europe where some countries are as high as 75%
In Germany they pay 45% income tax and 19% vat tax and that comes to 64% tax.

I was using a general tax throughout Europe where some countries are as high as 75%
In Germany they pay 45% income tax and 19% vat tax and that comes to 64% tax.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

No it doesn't come to 64%!

You can't add percentages!

Income tax is based on earnings.

Vat is based on spending.

If you earned $1000 you would pay $450 in taxes on your earnings

If you then spent $462 your vat would be $88 which would total your remaining $550.

$450 + $88 = $538 therefore your effective maximum tax rate would only be 53.8%.

If you didn't spend all of your money your effective rate would be even lower.

And most EU nations have very generous deductions for children and other expenses so the real rate is probably around 50%.

Having to teach basic arithmetic in the education forum is a real pain in the butt.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Disclaimer: The numbers above are rounded in order to keep it simple for those who are arithmetically challenged.

Anyone who thinks education (or anything else) is "free" has not been properly educated.

That's not in opposition to the idea that those who qualify should get tuition free higher education. Vocational schools should be tuition free as well.
Those that "qualify" in America get academic scholarships that pay for most if not all of their tuition.

Forum List

Back