It Is Official: The US Is A Police State

You have no right to see them unless they are unsealed.

The People have no right to know why government forces are kicking in people's doors?

"Subjects."

That's what Thomas Jefferson first wrote in an early draft of the Declaration of Independence to describe the people of the 13 colonies.

But in a moment when history took a sharp turn, Jefferson sought quite methodically to expunge the word, to wipe it out of existence and write over it. Many words were crossed out and replaced in the draft, but only one was obliterated.
Over the smudge, Jefferson then wrote the word "citizens."
Jefferson changed 'subjects' to 'citizens' in Declaration of Independence

Some people have forgotten just what that means.
Being sealed does not mean anything except the Government got permission to do so.

Because they gave themselves permission?

goggle: consent of the governed

Tell that to everyone @ gitmo and bagram..

Go in any prison and ask the prisoners if they are guilty or innocent?

You're forgetting a key difference: those in most prisons were charged and even tried

But don't let facts bother you

Failure to close GITMO and resolve those charges promptly is the biggest fault I have with Obama. That he could have done, getting out of Iraq very fast was not really an option for the USA. But then I was against the Iraq war even before the vote on it.

If they are innocent of wrongdoing, they will be exonerated. That's the way tour justice system works.

Is that the prisons using DNA samples? :lol:

More than 250 innocent people have now been exonerated by DNA testing.
http://harvardpress.typepad.com/hup...city+(Harvard+University+Press+Publicity+Blog)

Last edited:

Is that the prisons using DNA samples? :lol:

More than 250 innocent people have now been exonerated by DNA testing.
Harvard University Press Publicity Blog : "We do not know how many people have been wrongly convicted.": A Conversation with Brandon L. Garrett)

Just wait till the they knock on your door and want an DNA swab. All citizens will be required to do it soon and fingerprinted. Right to privacy? Hey it is in the intersest of public safety and national security, you might be a homegrown terrorist. Being a member of USMB shows you have a voice and may be a threat!

it happened regularly under bush as well. the usa has been a police state for a long time
Since I was a kid, in the sixties, riding around in a blue metal-flake VW dune buggy.
Had I really understood their movie , I would have run away from home and come down here to pick coffee back then !

You're forgetting a key difference: those in most prisons were charged and even tried

But don't let facts bother you

Failure to close GITMO and resolve those charges promptly is the biggest fault I have with Obama. That he could have done, getting out of Iraq very fast was not really an option for the USA. But then I was against the Iraq war even before the vote on it.

Obama sold out for political reasons. He didn't want to face the fallout of moving these men to US Prisons.

Yeah, RW, that is true. I believe in the Rule of Law, not the rule of expediency. However, a politician lives to get re-elected.

You have no right to see them unless they are unsealed. Being sealed does not mean anything except the Government got permission to do so. Once again in order for you to whine about this YOU have to assume they lied to get them. That is a none starter on its face. Sealed Warrants are not something new nor invented by the Patriot act.

How do you know they didn't? Don't you have the right to see what the allegations are against you?

Again, this will come back and bite us all in the ass. If you're supporting this, don't you dare complain when its the Tea Party leaders that get targetted by this. You blew your shot to stop this now.

You have no right to see them unless they are unsealed. Being sealed does not mean anything except the Government got permission to do so. Once again in order for you to whine about this YOU have to assume they lied to get them. That is a none starter on its face. Sealed Warrants are not something new nor invented by the Patriot act.

How do you know they didn't? Don't you have the right to see what the allegations are against you?

Well they aren't arresting them so they aren't charging them with anything so I don't think so (correct me if I'm wrong).

Forum List

Back