It is Obama's fault!

"The pressure to make more loans to minorities (read: to borrowers with weak credit histories)"

With comments like that, is it any wonder that blacks don't vote for Republicans?

Conservatives are as predictable as gravity.

Q. What does it mean when the economy tanks under Bush?

A. It's Clinton's fault!

Q. What does it means when Obama finds OBL and successfully orders a Navy SEAL team into Pakistan to kill OBL with no American casualties?

A. Bush deserves the credit!

The Talking Heads said it best.

Same as it ever was!

Record unemployment, record gas prices, inflation, lies, misinformation, incompetence, corruption, total chaos. Is this what hope and change meant?
Obama lies, Our soldiers continue to die, Osama doesn't die!!!!

Are you aware that you have just described the Bush administration? :eek:

F*ck what you heard; recognize what you see.

Sound more like the Obama administration. the most inept, corrupt, Blamer, vacationing, golf playing, lying president in the history of the United States!!!!!!

It is fact that Obama, inherited an economy in a tail spin. It is fact that the burst of the housing bubble caused our economic slide.

Liberals conveniently forget that the sorry state of our economy can be traced all the way back to the Clinton administration when he signed in the Community Reinvestment Act of 1977. The CRA 1977 opened the door for banks to get involved with risky investment practices for the first time in US history.

Then democrats in congress did two things. First through their efforts with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and A.C.O.R.N' democrats pressured banks into issuing mortgages to folks that couldn't afford them, and no chance of ever paying them back . The catalyst behind this Charlie Foxtrot was provided by Barack Obama, Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, and Maxine Waters: all democrats. Then the democrats took control of the congress, and spent us into oblivion.

Liberals may have forgotten these events but the American people didn't. That is why the 2010 election was such a resounding republican success. Barack Obama, inherited a financial catastrophe that was engineered by, and voted for by Barack Obama, and the liberal congress. The American people continue to pay for the mistake of putting these yahoos into office. I can't wait for 2012. How about you? :up:

Government-mandated loans

Starting with the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) of 1977 Congress forced banks to give loans they would not otherwise give.[14] According to the Cato institute, this raised demand and gathered momentum after Reagan left office when the White House pressured HUD,[15] the Attorney General,[16] The Federal Reserve and all institutions with regulatory authority over banks to pressure them to make loans to low income African-Americans using racial statistics to determine whether the banks were compliant. Jonathan R. Macey, a professor at Cornell University Law School, stated "No bank, no matter what it does, is safe from charges of discrimination. And this is true despite the fact that the industry spends over half of its profits to comply with regulations."[16]

Causes of the United States housing bubble - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

United States housing bubble - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Clinton wasn't president in 1977. Go back to bed.

The CRA did not force a single bank to make a single loan to an unqualified borrower. In fact, that is expressly prohibited in the act.

I'm impressed woodcock. I wouldn't have thought that you would know who the President is in 2011, let alone 1977. If you had actually read the information that I provided you would know how Carter, Reagan, H.W. Bush, Slick Willie, G.W. Bush, and Obama bin Lyin, figured into the broad scheme of things.

You can read can't you? If you have evidence that proves your point of view please provide it so that we can see how you came to your conclusion. If you don't have this evidence just continue to drool on your shirt. That is what liberals do best. :up:

Well hello Plasmaball. I live on the Cape. This is conservative country here. I'll bet that you've voted for Barney, and you get embarrassed when you're reminded of what a great mistake that has been. I'm embarrassed every election cycle when I see that we've recycled the same political garbage. Kennedy, Frank, Kerry, and Patrick come immediately to mind. I was raised a democrat. I became an independent over the disillusionment with the democratic party.

Watching democratic activity over the years bolsters my decision to go independent. The democratic party is an embarrassment to the state of Massachusetts, and the USA in general. Liberals have proven themselves to be stuck on stupid, and united in support of America's enemies.

I can understand your consternation with this thread. Liberals seem to have a real issue with truth. This could be likened to exposing a vampire to the cleansing rays of a rising sun.:up:

Even your own links do not support your supposition. :lol:

Boo, you give credence to the following. "Liberals remain stuck on stupid, and united in support of America's enemies." :up:

Well hello Plasmaball. I live on the Cape. This is conservative country here. I'll bet that you've voted for Barney, and you get embarrassed when you're reminded of what a great mistake that has been. I'm embarrassed every election cycle when I see that we've recycled the same political garbage. Kennedy, Frank, Kerry, and Patrick come immediately to mind. I was raised a democrat. I became an independent over the disillusionment with the democratic party.

Watching democratic activity over the years bolsters my decision to go independent. The democratic party is an embarrassment to the state of Massachusetts, and the USA in general. Liberals have proven themselves to be stuck on stupid, and united in support of America's enemies.

I can understand your consternation with this thread. Liberals seem to have a real issue with truth. This could be likened to exposing a vampire to the cleansing rays of a rising sun.:up:

Even your own links do not support your supposition. :lol:

Boo, you give credence to the following. "Liberals remain stuck on stupid, and united in support of America's enemies." :up:

Denigrate away. I'm not the one who linked to an article that disproved my own point. You are! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is fact that Obama, inherited an economy in a tail spin. It is fact that the burst of the housing bubble caused our economic slide.

Liberals conveniently forget that the sorry state of our economy can be traced all the way back to the Clinton administration when he signed in the Community Reinvestment Act of 1977. The CRA 1977 opened the door for banks to get involved with risky investment practices for the first time in US history.

Then democrats in congress did two things. First through their efforts with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and A.C.O.R.N' democrats pressured banks into issuing mortgages to folks that couldn't afford them, and no chance of ever paying them back . The catalyst behind this Charlie Foxtrot was provided by Barack Obama, Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, and Maxine Waters: all democrats. Then the democrats took control of the congress, and spent us into oblivion.

Liberals may have forgotten these events but the American people didn't. That is why the 2010 election was such a resounding republican success. Barack Obama, inherited a financial catastrophe that was engineered by, and voted for by Barack Obama, and the liberal congress. The American people continue to pay for the mistake of putting these yahoos into office. I can't wait for 2012. How about you? :up:

Starting with the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) of 1977 Congress forced banks to give loans they would not otherwise give.[14] According to the Cato institute, this raised demand and gathered momentum after Reagan left office when the White House pressured HUD,[15] the Attorney General,[16] The Federal Reserve and all institutions with regulatory authority over banks to pressure them to make loans to low income African-Americans using racial statistics to determine whether the banks were compliant. Jonathan R. Macey, a professor at Cornell University Law School, stated "No bank, no matter what it does, is safe from charges of discrimination. And this is true despite the fact that the industry spends over half of its profits to comply with regulations."[16]

That is a tired racist GOP talking point and is untrue. The main reason for the the crisis was deregulation of banks which caused fraud by those banks.

Last edited:
From a non-partisan perspective:

The Democrats fucked up. The Republicans fucked up. That's the real, honest, truth of it.

Then add in the obscene greed and incompetence of Wall Street.

Then add in the ridiculous greed of unions and community pressure groups.

Then add in the avarice of ordinary Americans, living on credit, way beyond their means.

Hey Presto. A Perfect Storm.

As predicted by many global economists decades ago.

Stop blaming the other guy. It's everyone's fault.

That is a tired racist GOP talking point and is untrue. The main reason for the the crisis was deregulation of banks which caused fraud by those banks.

Oh yay!!! And let the race baiting begin.

Forum List

Back