It is now considered "attempted lynching" to film LAUSD police officers in public

"[Officer] Robles says, "That is when I did strike him," with her expanded baton, "about three times in the left leg."

She further stated that she sprayed him with pepper spray. The kid then hit her hand, she dropped her pepper spray can, and another student grabbed it off the ground.

Students and Berry-Jacobs allege to L.A. Weekly that Robles then slammed the student’s head against the bus window — a violation of numerous police policies. After that, several stunned students got out their cell phone cameras to record what was unfolding.

Robles struck the 15-year-old's head on the window so hard, eyewitnesses tell the Weekly, that the window was forced out of its rubberized casement and broken..."

And filming this is "attempted lynching"? :eusa_eh:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zqKut2JfHs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zqKut2JfHs[/ame]

You touch a cop they shoot you, THAT should be the policy. WHy do people think they should be able to attack an LEO?

You touch a cop they shoot you, THAT should be the policy. WHy do people think they should be able to attack an LEO?

The one being charged in the story didn't touch, or attempt to touch the police. Nor did he likely even say anything to the police.

This will not end well. I hope the kid goes to court. He will win. He will then sue the crap out of the LAUSD and hopefully the DA for Conspiracy to Violate his Civil Rights Under Color of Authority. The DA is not immune from that charge. If what is reported is true then this is a travesty.

The one being charged in the story didn't touch, or attempt to touch the police. Nor did he likely even say anything to the police.

I was merely commenting on the idiots who DID touch the cop. On the matter of recording LEO doing their jobs except in a few unusual circumstances I don't think it should be illegal.

On the matter of recording LEO doing their jobs except in a few unusual circumstances I don't think it should be illegal.

I agree. And in this case, it looks like it still isn't illegal. Otherwise why come up with a bunch of bogus charges against the kid instead of charging him with filming it, if it was illegal?

Forum List

Back