It is certainly true that those who support abortion are monsters...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Blackrook, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Dragonlady

Dragonlady Designing Woman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,088
    Your question is ridiculous because no one aborts a healthy full term fetus one day before birth. Late term abortions are only done in cases of extreme medical need.

Why do you keep ignoring the question about the rights of the mother?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  2. sakinago

sakinago Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,723
    The question isn’t about how many people would do it. Is it ok to do it? From what I’m hearing from you is that yes it is ok because it’s a it’s a women’s right to privacy, and life does not begin until birth. So, is it ok for someone whose pregnant at, we’ll say 38 weeks to decide “I can’t do this, I can’t afford this, i don’t have the time, and I don’t want to be tied to the father, I’m going to abort.”

No one is ignoring the question of rights of the mother. That’s been answered extensively. Rights cannot be given, they are things you are born with, and only extend to the point of not infringing or taking from anyone else’s right. The reason rights cannot be given is because something needs to be taken from someone else. Example given, you have a right to own your labor, meaning no one can force you into work you don’t want to do, conversely no one is forced to hire you. You choose to work at a rate of pay that you agree too, and you are born with the ability to work. There is no obligated taking or giving from any party in that scenario. Do you have a right to healthcare, no, because having the right healthcare would mean that someone’s labor would have to taken from them to provide you that right. On top of that, if healthcare is a right, then I have every right to smoke two packs a day, live off a diet of pixie sticks, potato chips, beer, and soda, while sitting on my ass all day watching Netflix and jump off of my roof if I pleased. It’s a right therefore I get as much treatment as my lifestyle requires. Do you have a right to education, no, because education requires teachers, teachers who may want to go on strike because they aren’t getting paid enough. If it was a right, teachers would then be forced into accepting their wages because of the right to education. Abortion is not a right, because it requires removing the right to life for someone else. Nor is it a privacy issue, since you need a doctor to do it who keeps records of it, records that they share with government. I can breakdance all I want up until I use my breakdancing to kick you in the face.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Dragonlady

Dragonlady Designing Woman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,088
    Your suppositions have no basis in reality. Women don’t carry a child for six or seven months and then “change their minds” about carrying it to term. It is pointless to base responses on idiot scenarios that have no basis in reality.

You attribute a level of casualness and inhumanity to these decisions that has no basis in reality, while ignoring the very real issues of poverty and lack of worker protections that drive the abortion rate in the US.

You ignore the poverty and the lack of health care or job protections for low income workers and instead paint these women as selfish who have no morals.

You go with these ridiculous conservative anti-abortion talking points that don’t address any of the real issues driving the reasons for abortions.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Penelope

Penelope Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,484
    If married and they don't want kids , get fixed, men still do not have a say if a woman gets an abortion even if married.

5. Penelope

Penelope Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,484
    Abortion is a right and education is a right as well. Healthcare is a right that the GOP want to deny. So that makes them bro birth only.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. deanrd

deanrd Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,889
    If I had to guess I would say they hate the born. Nothing else makes sense.

7. Montrovant

Montrovant Fuzzy bears!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,178
    It's still a somewhat hypocritical stance, legally speaking. If the fetus is not a person and can be aborted at any time without repercussion, how can it be murdered? If it is a person; or if any human being, whether a person or not, has a legal right to life; how can abortion on demand be legal? Or how can abortion be about simply a woman's control over her own body, if legally she is making the decision to kill another protected human life?

Are there any other situations in which a person might be killed on demand, yet killing that person is still murder? The closest examples that come to mind would be someone on life support or on death row, and neither of those examples quite fits. Someone who is being kept alive through mechanical ventilation, who is in a vegetative state, still would not be killed. Instead, such a person might be removed from life support; a fine distinction, perhaps, but an important one. The death row inmate will be killed, true, but as a punishment by the state.

The idea that it's just a woman's body, that the fetus is merely 'a clump of cells', does not make a lot of sense alongside the idea that killing a pregnant woman's fetus (before a viable stage) constitutes murder. :dunno:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Penelope

Penelope Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,484
    Because she did not want an abortion and probably would of carried to term. Murder is killing the women and so the fetus has no chance of becoming a viable infant.

9. ph3iron

ph3iron VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +775
    As a proud "zip it up, see you later" guy I'm all for coat hangars.
    How many adopted kids do you have again?

10. ph3iron

ph3iron VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +775
    There is a god?
    I thought there was a few thousands