It is beginning...

ekrem

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2005
Hello.
Today was the ceremony where Buyukanit (Land forces commander) gave its duty to Ilker Basbug, who is from now on Land Forces commander.
General Buyukanit's ceremnoy for being new General staff will be 31. August.

Today there was a big ceremony and both General Buyukanit and General Basbug gave about 1 hour lasting speeches in the ceremony which were all aired out in Turkish TV.

There were such strong statement affecting inside and outside Turkey. And such words i haven't heared for a long long time.
I hope, that tomorrow english-speaking Turkish newspapers will translate this speeches. They were really important and hard messages in it for Turks and non-Turks.
After hearing these words i am happy and relaxed the same time.

-----------------------
-----------------------

Turkish jets hit PKK in northern Iraq

The New Anatolian / Ankara
25 August 2006

Turkish jet fighters commenced airstrikes late Wednesday against terrorist Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) targets in northern Iraq, news agencies reported yesterday.

The reported airstrikes were the first operations of this scale in recent years, defense sources confirmed to The New Anatolian yesterday. These operations are "preventive" in character, one source said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Turkish Foreign Ministry sources did not deny or confirm these reports, while the airspace in northern Iraq was closed yesterday to civilian flights to and from the region.

According to the reports published by several news agencies including Cihan, Turkish F-16 jets took off from the military air base in Diyarbakir late Wednesday and bombed several PKK targets in the Kanimasi and Snaht areas of the region. The agencies claimed that military officials confirmed these strikes.

The reported airstrikes follows Iran's heavy shelling of PKK targets in northern Iraq since last week.

According to the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan's (PUK) press office Pukmedia, the Iranian Army shelled the regions of Seripaye, Kanikoxerese, Geruy Gezgezke, Gabalek, Berdunaz, Mergan, Derawi Melazade, Hozi Mergesir and Pirerok near Mt. Kandil, where the PKK is mainly based.

The Iranian military also launched a cross-border operation into northern Iraq late last week, following attacks on border patrol points along the border by the PKK's sister party PEJAK.

Iranian military units continued their operations against PKK targets this week, local sources said.

Close cooperation but no joint operation

Both Turkish and Iranian officials told The New Anatolian that there was close cooperation between two countries against the PKK threat, but ruled out any joint or coordinated operation against the terrorist group.

According to the news agencies, the Turkish military also stepped up its ground operations on the border area, parallel to airstrikes on the PKK targets.

US probes shellings

U.S. military officials in Iraq said on Tuesday that they were investigating reports of the shelling of positions in northern Iraq.

Speaking in Baghdad on Tuesday, Maj. Gen. William Caldwell, spokesman for the U.S. and its allies in Iraq, stated that there had been shelling in northern Iraq. "I'm not sure exactly where the shelling came from. So I'd be hesitant to say exactly who was responsible for it," the U.S. general said.

Turkey has long been urging both Washington and Baghdad to take immediate and concrete action to eliminate the PKK threat in northern Iraq. Frustrated by lack of concrete action by U.S. and Iraq over the last years, the Turkish government has warned both countries that it was preparing for a unilateral cross-border operation as an option.

http://www.thenewanatolian.com/tna-13414.html

Hello.
Today was the ceremony where Buyukanit (Land forces commander) gave its duty to Ilker Basbug, who is from now on Land Forces commander.
General Buyukanit's ceremnoy for being new General staff will be 31. August.

Today there was a big ceremony and both General Buyukanit and General Basbug gave about 1 hour lasting speeches in the ceremony which were all aired out in Turkish TV.

There were such strong statement affecting inside and outside Turkey. And such words i haven't heared for a long long time.
I hope, that tomorrow english-speaking Turkish newspapers will translate this speeches. They were really important and hard messages in it for Turks and non-Turks.
After hearing these words i am happy and relaxed the same time.

-----------------------
-----------------------

Turkish jets hit PKK in northern Iraq

The New Anatolian / Ankara
25 August 2006

Turkish jet fighters commenced airstrikes late Wednesday against terrorist Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) targets in northern Iraq, news agencies reported yesterday.

The reported airstrikes were the first operations of this scale in recent years, defense sources confirmed to The New Anatolian yesterday. These operations are "preventive" in character, one source said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Turkish Foreign Ministry sources did not deny or confirm these reports, while the airspace in northern Iraq was closed yesterday to civilian flights to and from the region.

According to the reports published by several news agencies including Cihan, Turkish F-16 jets took off from the military air base in Diyarbakir late Wednesday and bombed several PKK targets in the Kanimasi and Snaht areas of the region. The agencies claimed that military officials confirmed these strikes.

The reported airstrikes follows Iran's heavy shelling of PKK targets in northern Iraq since last week.

According to the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan's (PUK) press office Pukmedia, the Iranian Army shelled the regions of Seripaye, Kanikoxerese, Geruy Gezgezke, Gabalek, Berdunaz, Mergan, Derawi Melazade, Hozi Mergesir and Pirerok near Mt. Kandil, where the PKK is mainly based.

The Iranian military also launched a cross-border operation into northern Iraq late last week, following attacks on border patrol points along the border by the PKK's sister party PEJAK.

Iranian military units continued their operations against PKK targets this week, local sources said.

Close cooperation but no joint operation

Both Turkish and Iranian officials told The New Anatolian that there was close cooperation between two countries against the PKK threat, but ruled out any joint or coordinated operation against the terrorist group.

According to the news agencies, the Turkish military also stepped up its ground operations on the border area, parallel to airstrikes on the PKK targets.

US probes shellings

U.S. military officials in Iraq said on Tuesday that they were investigating reports of the shelling of positions in northern Iraq.

Speaking in Baghdad on Tuesday, Maj. Gen. William Caldwell, spokesman for the U.S. and its allies in Iraq, stated that there had been shelling in northern Iraq. "I'm not sure exactly where the shelling came from. So I'd be hesitant to say exactly who was responsible for it," the U.S. general said.

Turkey has long been urging both Washington and Baghdad to take immediate and concrete action to eliminate the PKK threat in northern Iraq. Frustrated by lack of concrete action by U.S. and Iraq over the last years, the Turkish government has warned both countries that it was preparing for a unilateral cross-border operation as an option.

http://www.thenewanatolian.com/tna-13414.html

Just a heads up for you canavar, but according to the Dem's, terrorist hunting is best left to the police. The military is more of a "blunt force".:(

So, looks like what Turkey is doing, and is preparing to do, is exactly what we've been doing, but in this case will fly below the radar of the MSM, and the surrender monkeys of the Democratic party, go figure!:blues:

Anyway, have a great day canavar, hope your country's terrorist hunting is rewarding.
:2guns:

I had no idea this happened. Have I been in a coma for the last week?

And what about the speaches, were they preparing you an upcoming war?

I had no idea this happened. Have I been in a coma for the last week?

And what about the speaches, were they preparing you an upcoming war?

Hello Said1.
Both speeches went together 1 hour.

It was not all about Terrorism. But the most part was inner-politics (Laizism, unitarism of state, messages to the EU, Islamists).

There were in last times major campaigns against Buyukanit becaming General Staff and ridicoulus allegations against him.
http://memri.org/bin/articles.cgi?Page=archives&Area=sd&ID=SP113606

The day he was being named definetely as candidate for next chief of Staff, from an Bulgarian GSM operator there were sent 3 million sms to Turkish cell phones regarding allegations against him.
He took statement to all this, by saying that these circles will "suffocate" (no air).
And much much more, strong messages i have not heared for a long time in Turkey. And all was aired on TV.

Just a heads up for you canavar, but according to the Dem's, terrorist hunting is best left to the police. The military is more of a "blunt force".:(

So, looks like what Turkey is doing, and is preparing to do, is exactly what we've been doing, but in this case will fly below the radar of the MSM, and the surrender monkeys of the Democratic party, go figure!:blues:

Anyway, have a great day canavar, hope your country's terrorist hunting is rewarding.
:2guns:

You know, i am here talking for months regarding Turkish preparation.
But F-16 from Diyarbakir airbase now beginning bombardement, means cleaning the way for ground invasion.

We have agents there and they high-possibly laser-marked targets, and these targets now are being bombed by air.
Also those terrorists possibly mined the region, so these actions now are preparation for ground invasion.

On 31. August Buyukanit takes his command as General Staff, 2nd September our Prime minister visits Washington, on 5th September Kofi Annan comes to Turkey regarding Turkish troops for Lebanon.
So in next days, be it 2 days earlier or 2 days later (i don't know, i am civilist) we will bring definitive end to those Terrorists.

Current leader of PKK gave interviews the last days from Northern-Iraq, that they seek a truce on 1st September with Turkey.
There are reports in Turkish and German newspapers sickering from Turkish intelligence agency, that current leader of PKK tries to flee the region to Germany.
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babe...www.zeit.de/news/artikel/2006/08/25/71872.xml

That Terrorist leader knows, he will be killed the next days.

IRAQ: TURKISH JETS STRIKE KURDISH BASES AS PKK MOOTS TRUCE

Erbil, 24 August (AKI) - Turkish airforce jets on Thursday struck in northern Iraq, bombing bases believed to be operated by the separatist Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK), the Cihan news agency reports. The PKK which is banned in Turkey had earlier appealed to the population in the villages in Iraqi Kurdistan, near the Turkish border, to leave the area, predicting military attacks by Turkey and Iran. The separatist group also said it had proposed some sort of truce to Ankara.

Turkish military officials stated that the F-16 jets which took off during the night had inflicted serious casualties on the PKK, the agency reported, adding that ground operations are continuing along the Iraqi border.

In an interview with the Iraq-based Kurdish language newspaper, Khabat, the PKK number two, Murad Qaraylan, said the "willingness of the party to interrupt hostilities with Turkey and resolve the Kurdish question in that country by negotiations and political dialogue as of 1 September, International Peace Day."

"The party has a political project which will be illustrated to the Turkish government should it approve the idea of starting negotiations" he said, adding that "this project comes after the pressure placed on the PKK by the regional government of Iraqi Kurdistan and by Kurdish movements inside Turkey".

Turkey has for some time refused any form of dialogue with the PKK but the policy of the government of Recep Tayyip Erdogan seems to be opening up towards civil society groups in the Kurdish-majority regions of Turkey, which are being politically and economically supported, with the aim of creating a political elite able to exert considerable influence on Kurdish public opinion within Turkey.

The U.S. government is looking into allegation of Kurdish reports of a joint Turkish-Iranian operation against the PKK in northern Iraq.

Speaking in Baghdad, spokesman for the U.S. and its allies in Iraq Maj. Gen. William Caldwell stated that there had been shelling in northern Iraq. "I'm not sure exactly where the shelling came from. So I'd be hesitant to say exactly who was responsible for it," the US general said.

http://www.adnki.com/index_2Level_English.php?cat=Security&loid=8.0.333625286&par=0

No such thing of Truce. America does also not negotiate about truce with Al-Qaeda.
Now we begin to kill them in their bases in North-Iraq, they want truce.

Warmongers. They never cease to amaze me.

Psychoblues

IRAQ: TURKISH JETS STRIKE KURDISH BASES AS PKK MOOTS TRUCE

Erbil, 24 August (AKI) - Turkish airforce jets on Thursday struck in northern Iraq, bombing bases believed to be operated by the separatist Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK), the Cihan news agency reports. The PKK which is banned in Turkey had earlier appealed to the population in the villages in Iraqi Kurdistan, near the Turkish border, to leave the area, predicting military attacks by Turkey and Iran. The separatist group also said it had proposed some sort of truce to Ankara.

Turkish military officials stated that the F-16 jets which took off during the night had inflicted serious casualties on the PKK, the agency reported, adding that ground operations are continuing along the Iraqi border.

In an interview with the Iraq-based Kurdish language newspaper, Khabat, the PKK number two, Murad Qaraylan, said the "willingness of the party to interrupt hostilities with Turkey and resolve the Kurdish question in that country by negotiations and political dialogue as of 1 September, International Peace Day."

"The party has a political project which will be illustrated to the Turkish government should it approve the idea of starting negotiations" he said, adding that "this project comes after the pressure placed on the PKK by the regional government of Iraqi Kurdistan and by Kurdish movements inside Turkey".

Turkey has for some time refused any form of dialogue with the PKK but the policy of the government of Recep Tayyip Erdogan seems to be opening up towards civil society groups in the Kurdish-majority regions of Turkey, which are being politically and economically supported, with the aim of creating a political elite able to exert considerable influence on Kurdish public opinion within Turkey.

The U.S. government is looking into allegation of Kurdish reports of a joint Turkish-Iranian operation against the PKK in northern Iraq.

Speaking in Baghdad, spokesman for the U.S. and its allies in Iraq Maj. Gen. William Caldwell stated that there had been shelling in northern Iraq. "I'm not sure exactly where the shelling came from. So I'd be hesitant to say exactly who was responsible for it," the US general said.

http://www.adnki.com/index_2Level_English.php?cat=Security&loid=8.0.333625286&par=0

No such thing of Truce. America does also not negotiate about truce with Al-Qaeda.
Now we begin to kill them in their bases in North-Iraq, they want truce.

Forum List

Back