It is all going to hell. Where will you move?

I have opted for New Zealand South Island. I am trying to buy a 10000 acre Orchard, complete with lake with good fishing.

New Zealand. Great choice.

They have excellent Universal Healthcare that is mostly government funded through taxation, so you all of your health needs will be covered by Dr. Grump and all of his friends.

i think how our gvt handled Katrina is what made me go in to preservation mode....i saw that trusting in them to help in an emergency was crazy.... and decided to take things in to my own hands, began my own emergency kit for matt and me....with food, water, and sundries....

we moved up here because we wanted to get away from Boston and New York City, which we were living between the 2....and we both worked in NYC a few times a year, going to market there.... 911 scared the pajesus out of us, we could have been in the trade center that day, but by chance we were on vacation.... we both feel like we were given a second chance at life and it was about time we began living it, smelling the roses so to say, so that's what we did....got out of the fast lane.

Does not sound like a bad life.

If one stays in the fast lane too long they will get white line fever and never see where they were.

I have opted for New Zealand South Island. I am trying to buy a 10000 acre Orchard, complete with lake with good fishing.

Beautiful island but beware, PC is the religion of New Zealand.

The lack of interesting conversation is why they all go nuts and jump of bridges with big rubber bands.

Thank goodness there are only two New Zealanders. Take your family and become the majority.

I'm moving wherever [finding] the job takes me...which looks like Oklahoma City, the way things are going.

I'd go to Australia, but at 46 I am too old. They won't take me at this age.

But they WILL take boatloads of Moslem "refugees" from all over the middle east seeking Asylum. That's all the rage in Oz ATM. Blech.

I'd leave NJ in a heartbeat, but my husband has a successful business and I am ten years away from my teacher's pension (if there's any left). As soon as the kids are done college, we hope to move to Hilton Head SC. The Carolinas have gotten many a Jersey refugee I'm told.

My son just got back from Uganda and told us we can buy huge amounts of land on the Nile River for $5000. He's 19 and broke. I told him we'll come visit. Maybe. :cuckoo:

But they WILL take boatloads of Moslem "refugees" from all over the middle east seeking Asylum. That's all the rage in Oz ATM. Blech.

True.

But if you claim Kevin Rudd sexually harassed you in a NY Strip club on the one night he had the one wine spritzer in his entire life, you may just get in.

He is so PC he is easy pickens.

Last edited:

True.

But if you claim Kevin Rudd sexually harassed you in a NY Strip club on the one night he had the one wine spritzer in his entire life, you may just get in.

He is so PC he is easy pickens.

Hook me up, baby. I can hold my nose and do Rudd if I have to. Even if he's a triple-bagger. Anything to get into Oz legally. ;)

ps. What the hell does "Fair Dinkum" mean anyway? I've had a number of Aussies try to explain....but for the life of me, i don't get it. ;)

But it sounds cool to toss it out there like I know shit.... :lol:

Forum List

Back