It is all going to hell. Where will you move?

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
I have opted for New Zealand South Island. I am trying to buy a 10000 acre Orchard, complete with lake with good fishing.

I'm staying here because someone has to stick around and fight for this country! Besides, I live on almost 2 acres, well for water, river for fishing (If I can catch a freaking fish), wood burning stove, generator, boat, two vehicles that are always fueled up. Great neighbors except for one of them. Pretty remote and only one entrance by land. Loads of trees for wood stove too.

I have opted for New Zealand South Island. I am trying to buy a 10000 acre Orchard, complete with lake with good fishing.

Beautiful island but beware, PC is the religion of New Zealand.

The lack of interesting conversation is why they all go nuts and jump of bridges with big rubber bands.

i'm where we are meant to be....we thought the crud was hitting the fan 5-8 years ago when we decided to get the heck OUT OF DODGE, and move up here....almost 3 years now...we have worked on making contacts, become friends with farmers that we get food from now....bought a generator....been stocking up on food and water in the emergency kit, have our own well water and septic....can live off our land with apples and plums and wild black cherries if we have to!!! :eek: :lol: Always be prepared...i was a good girl scout....till i quit!

Living off cherries!

What the fuck is going on over there, America sounds like it is preparing for Thunderdome or "The Road".

Over here down under (the miracle economy) the biggest worry we have is the price of owning a second home.

By the way, cherrie sherry is guud drinken.

i have Elderberry bushes as well....i heard that elderberry wine is fine too! So far, only the birds are feasting on them, but i suppose i could fight them for my share of the berries!

I might have to rethink my choice of destination.
Maybe I'll go to Care4All's. I used to brew beer, I could probably figure out how to make elderberry wine or cherry liquor to earn my keep.

Teach those birds a lesson in humility.

Then you can have your berry wine and blue bird bake too.

By the way, cherrie sherry is guud drinken.

i have Elderberry bushes as well....i heard that elderberry wine is fine too! So far, only the birds are feasting on them, but i suppose i could fight them for my share of the berries!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V7zbWNznbs]YouTube - French Taunting - Monty Python and the Holy Grail[/ame]

Living off cherries!

What the fuck is going on over there, America sounds like it is preparing for Thunderdome or "The Road".

Over here down under (the miracle economy) the biggest worry we have is the price of owning a second home.

i think how our gvt handled Katrina is what made me go in to preservation mode....i saw that trusting in them to help in an emergency was crazy.... and decided to take things in to my own hands, began my own emergency kit for matt and me....with food, water, and sundries....

we moved up here because we wanted to get away from Boston and New York City, which we were living between the 2....and we both worked in NYC a few times a year, going to market there.... 911 scared the pajesus out of us, we could have been in the trade center that day, but by chance we were on vacation.... we both feel like we were given a second chance at life and it was about time we began living it, smelling the roses so to say, so that's what we did....got out of the fast lane.

Forum List

Back