It Figures… Obama Blames the GOP for the Health Care Bill on “60 Minutes” (Video)

The democrats and Obama had health care as their agenda, no matter what. Their agenda took precedence over the nation's financial health. To undertake such a massive costly agenda while the nation is in a recession is the height of arrogance. They paid for it. That has nothing to do with the republicans. It was all theirs and the American people are smart enough to figure that out and they did.

You might find that if government does nothing that the economy will fix itself.

Then again, it might not. Either way, the sitting President will get blamed for it. Bush was fortunate that the economy tanked as he was on his way out. Obama has had to bear the brunt of it.

Hey that's politics. Obama should know that and stop his incessant whining.

I agree. Then again, the Republicans should stop their whining as well. We all KNOW their game plan now. Stop lying to America and act as if you plan to actually DO something over the next two years.

The fact that Obama is still blaming repugnantcans for his problems is ludicrous when we all know that at that time he didn't need their cooperation. Dimocrats owned the house and senate no trepugnantcan needed.

This is exactly correct and Obama was lying to America last night in his 60 Minutes interview. IF Nancy Pelosi was such a good leader for the Democrats, why did Obama end up having to make shady back room deals with fellow Democrats just to get the watered down Healthcare legislation we got? Obama is in a jam now. He will reach out to Republicans now, and the Republicans have already begun biting his hand. NOTHING will get accomplished over the next two years and that is precisely the way the Republicans want it. That way, the economy will remain in the toilet. Unemployment will remain around 9%. The Republicans can still scare everyone with the Healthcare legislation as they did during the mid-terms and Obama will lose re-election in 2012. Unless Sarah Palin is his opponent....

First, I'm hurt that you stopped eating the little Palin Pellets I was leaving out for you and you were adding to your sigline. Who spilled the beans? I used to crack up every time you'd post with and have the 4 or 5 ridiculous and outrageous things I said in your sigline. You're either getting smarter or someone told you and I don't think you're any smarter.

Second, Nancy Pelosi was a great leader! She got ObamaCare passed! she got Cap and Trade passed, you guys are morons if you don't let her stay as minority leader.

Third, Obama is reaching his hand out only to point a finger at Bush.

I have no idea where the economy or county will wind up because unlike Clinton who was pragmatist and cared about winning, Obama is on a mission to destroy as much of this country as if possible so it's hard to predict what he will do.

Then again, it might not. Either way, the sitting President will get blamed for it. Bush was fortunate that the economy tanked as he was on his way out. Obama has had to bear the brunt of it.

I agree. Then again, the Republicans should stop their whining as well. We all KNOW their game plan now. Stop lying to America and act as if you plan to actually DO something over the next two years.

Repugnantcans do not have the lying market cornered you know.

Dimocrats are just as proficient in that particular skill.

Repugnantcans do not have the lying market cornered you know.

Dimocrats are just as proficient in that particular skill.

I know this to be a true statement. I just cannot wait to see the GOP ideas for cutting $100 BILLION from our Federal budget starting January 1st.

Barack Obama:

“I made the decision to go ahead and do it. And, it proved as costly politically as we expected. Probably actually a little more costly than we had expected… Partly because I couldn’t get the kind of cooperation from Republicans that I hoped for. We thought that if we shaped a bill that wasn’t that different from previous bills that had introduced by Republicans, including the Republican governor in Massachusetts who’s now running for president, that we would be able to find some common ground there and we just couldn’t.”

This is the most telling point of the interview:

"including the Republican governor in Massachusetts who’s now running for president."

Barack Hussein has never governed anything, and he still hasn't governed anything: ALL he has done is campaign. We have a president who never stopped his 2008 campaign, and blames his failures on that premise: AND THEN HE BEGINS TO CAMPAIGN FOR 2012!!!

:lol::lol:

This is the best part of his bullshit;

We thought that if we shaped a bill that wasn’t that different from previous bills that had introduced by Republicans

That was Romneys idea, it was. It was a plan for HIS STATE, not the entire nation.

Damn, that wasn't even good bullshit.

The numbers game doesn't match up. Lets look at the R's and D's as enemy armies (that won't actually kill each other)

They have been going back and forth with simular sized armies for decades, no one side getting a huge advantage.

Untill 2008. The D's had the largest majority ever, a Filabuster proof majority. Has that EVER happened before? And they proceeded to make things worse, got "a watered down version of HC" Spent more inside one year than Bush spent in 8 (not counting the wars), took the def over, way over $1 Trillion, and it's the R's fault for taking the feild?

That's comedy gold.

That's like an armord convoy blaming the loss of a battle on the kids with rocks.

And here's another great excuse; "At least we don't walk in lock step like the R's do."

PFFT

Ever hear of "team work"?

Yeah the Prez was sure naive thinking that the Republicans wanted help to fix our crappy Health Care system. All they cared about was getting back in power by striving to give the President his "Waterloo moment" at whatever cost to the country.

That's why the shouting matches developed, because they didn't want an honest discussion, they just wanted the country to fail under President Obama.

That's why they funneled all the money into a fake-grass root movement.

It was a plan for HIS STATE, not the entire nation.

Nope, the individual mandate was a Republican idea. It was the Republican answer to Hillarycare back in the 80s. Yup, Chuck Grassley and Orin Hatch co-sponsored the bill and it included what the lying bastards later called 'death panels".

Yup, Obamacare is riddled with Republican ideas. That's why t's an inadaquate law.

The fact that Obama is still blaming repugnantcans for his problems is ludicrous when we all know that at that time he didn't need their cooperation. Dimocrats owned the house and senate no trepugnantcan needed.

This is exactly correct and Obama was lying to America last night in his 60 Minutes interview. IF Nancy Pelosi was such a good leader for the Democrats, why did Obama end up having to make shady back room deals with fellow Democrats just to get the watered down Healthcare legislation we got? Obama is in a jam now. He will reach out to Republicans now, and the Republicans have already begun biting his hand. NOTHING will get accomplished over the next two years and that is precisely the way the Republicans want it. That way, the economy will remain in the toilet. Unemployment will remain around 9%. The Republicans can still scare everyone with the Healthcare legislation as they did during the mid-terms and Obama will lose re-election in 2012. Unless Sarah Palin is his opponent....

You might find that if government does nothing that the economy will fix itself.
Yeah....might being the operative-word.

:eusa_doh:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6whSWn1RRM&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Let's HEAR IT for Allowing The Marketplace To Regulate Itself!!

:cuckoo:

Last edited:
Yeah the Prez was sure naive thinking that the Republicans wanted help to fix our crappy Health Care system. All they cared about was getting back in power by striving to give the President his "Waterloo moment" at whatever cost to the country.

That's why the shouting matches developed, because they didn't want an honest discussion, they just wanted the country to fail under President Obama.

Yeah, heaven for fucking bid that Big 0 work on the economy and jobs. But instead he had to have his own people bribed to vote his way. Each thing that was changed was changed to make a dem happy, not the reps.

I'd be willing to bet, if big 0 had worked the economy, got unemployment to go down to 7.9% you would have kept the House, the TEA party would be getting swept under the rugs of history, and you would have gotten back your filibuster proof majority.

but no

They wanted to be in the history books as passing health care even as the country sank.

"Blindboo" The irony does not escape me.

Yeah, heaven for fucking bid that Big 0 work on the economy and jobs. But instead he had to have his own people bribed to vote his way. Each thing that was changed was changed to make a dem happy, not the reps.

I'd be willing to bet, if big 0 had worked the economy, got unemployment to go down to 7.9% you would have kept the House, the TEA party would be getting swept under the rugs of history, and you would have gotten back your filibuster proof majority.

but no

They wanted to be in the history books as passing health care even as the country sank.

But, but, but I thought wingnuts didn't believe the govt should be in the business of creating jobs!!!!

I guess that's another "principle" the wingnuts have tossed under the bus:cuckoo:

but no

But, but, but I thought wingnuts didn't believe the govt should be in the business of creating jobs!!!!

I guess that's another "principle" the wingnuts have tossed under the bus:cuckoo:

Nice twist.

Government can't create jobs, outside of creating more government jobs, that will require more taxes or more borrowing.

no, what gavernment can do is create a biz freindly atmosphere that will allow private industreis to create jobs.

Any thinking otherwise is foolish.

but no

Nice twist.

Government can't create jobs, outside of creating more government jobs, that will require more taxes or more borrowing.

no, what gavernment can do is create a biz freindly atmosphere that will allow private industreis to create jobs.

Any thinking otherwise is foolish.

In wingnut world, "govt can't create jobs" so "heaven for fucking bid that Big 0 work on the economy and jobs.":cuckoo:

Where did President Obama get the idea Republicans were obstructing Democrats? From Republicans and REALITY.

Waterloo

by David Frum - former speechwriter for George W. Bush

At the beginning of this process we made a strategic decision: unlike, say, Democrats in 2001 when President Bush proposed his first tax cut, we would make no deal with the administration. No negotiations, no compromise, nothing. We were going for all the marbles. This would be Obama’s Waterloo – just as healthcare was Clinton’s in 1994.

Only, the hardliners overlooked a few key facts: Obama was elected with 53% of the vote, not Clinton’s 42%. The liberal block within the Democratic congressional caucus is bigger and stronger than it was in 1993-94. And of course the Democrats also remember their history, and also remember the consequences of their 1994 failure.

This time, when we went for all the marbles, we ended with none.

Could a deal have been reached? Who knows? But we do know that the gap between this plan and traditional Republican ideas is not very big. The Obama plan has a broad family resemblance to Mitt Romney’s Massachusetts plan. It builds on ideas developed at the Heritage Foundation in the early 1990s that formed the basis for Republican counter-proposals to Clintoncare in 1993-1994.

Barack Obama badly wanted Republican votes for his plan. Could we have leveraged his desire to align the plan more closely with conservative views? To finance it without redistributive taxes on productive enterprise – without weighing so heavily on small business – without expanding Medicaid? Too late now. They are all the law.
Waterloo | FrumForum

The Democrats passed the 1993 Republican health care proposal. Including the BIG Republican idea...THE INDIVIDUAL MANDATE

Chart: Comparing Health Reform Bills: Democrats and Republicans 2009, Republicans 1993 - Kaiser Health News

Republican support for the individual mandate policy goes back further than this health care reform discussion. Earlier this month, Julie Rovner profiled a history of the policy dating back to the 1980′s

In fact, says Len Nichols of the New America Foundation, the individual mandate was originally a Republican idea. “It was invented by Mark Pauly to give to George Bush Sr. back in the day, as a competition to the employer mandate focus of the Democrats at the time.”…

“We called this responsible national health insurance,” says Pauly. “There was a kind of an ethical and moral support for the notion that people shouldn’t be allowed to free-ride on the charity of fellow citizens.”

The policy was originally included in many Republican proposals including the proposals during the Clinton administration. The leading GOP alternative plan known as the 1994 Consumer Choice Health Security Act included the requirement to purchase insurance. Further, this proposal was based off of a 1990 Heritage Foundation proposal outlined a quality health system where “government would require, by law every head of household to acquire at least a basic health plan for his or her family.”

The Thirty Year History Of Republicans Supporting the Individual Mandate DC Progressive

It's absolutely insane to say that Obama didn't try to be bi-partisan. Or that he didn't listen to Republican ideas about healthcare.

Sure, he rammed something through with brute force, but that was because he was FORCED to respond in kind. I get it, there was a point where you felt you had enough brute force yourselves to shut him down. And you tried. But then he responded with his own brute force and you whined when you lost.

And we're poised for you to use your brute force AGAIN. You wont the midterms and now you're going to repeal it all. That's one thing I'll say about Republicans...you know how to stick to your guns more than Dems do.

Nah, you still dont get it. If gov't does nothing then unemployment will fall. If gov't does something it will rise.

Nah, you still dont get it. If gov't does nothing then unemployment will fall. If gov't does something it will rise.

"If gov't does nothing then unemployment will fall" so wingnuts want Obama to do something about jobs.:lol:

Forum List

Back