It Doesn't Have To Be This Way

Vel

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
Tennessee
I heard this speech this morning and it was so refreshing to hear someone that truly has a plan and understands what it takes to implement it.
Romney: 'It Doesn't Have To Be This Way'
10:18 AM, JUL 6, 2012 • BY DANIEL HALPER

"I have a plan," Romney said. "My plan calls for action that will get America working again and create good jobs, both near-term and long-term. It includes finally taking advantage of our energy resources, building the Keystone pipeline, making sure we create energy jobs, and we convince manufacturers that energy will be available and low cost in America. It means opening up new markets for American trade, particularly in Latin America where the opportunities are extraordinary. It means cracking down on China when they cheat and making sure they don't steal our jobs unfairly. It means bringing our tax rates down—our marginal tax rates down—and cutting out the exemptions and deductions and loopholes that are unfair in many cases. In other cases, we’re going to limit those deductions and exemptions, so that we maintain our revenue through growth and through limiting of these special deals, but bring our tax rates down so they’re competitive and attractive for jobs to come back to America."
"This is a time for America to choose whether they want more of the same; whether unemployment above 8 percent month after month after month is satisfactory or not. It doesn't have to be this way. America can do better and this kick in the gut has got to end," Romney concluded.

He continued: "It means having a government that sees its role as encouraging enterprise rather than crushing it with the burden of new and unnecessary regulation and with outmoded regulations that haven't been cleaned up in years and years. And finally it means having a healthcare plan that focuses on bringing down the cost of healthcare for American families, not just adding new expenses and new taxes to the American people."

Romney: 'It Doesn't Have To Be This Way' | The Weekly Standard

when will these assholes finnaly admitt all the mess their idiot ideas have caused?

Bullshit. His only plan is tax breaks for the wealthy and fewer regulations. That always works so well for the American people, right?

Who are the wealthy?

People like John Kerry, Alec Baldwin, Nancy Peloisi - who's that fat guy with Farenheit 911?? The guy that needs a shower? What's his name? Bill Mahair? Or whatever the fuck he is?

Those people?

Bullshit. His only plan is tax breaks for the wealthy and fewer regulations. That always works so well for the American people, right?

unemployment is 8.2%, 16 trillion dollar debt, not a damn thing to show for it except. excuses excuses excuses, it's time to give someone else a try.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Well any plan he might have has to be better than what 3 1/2 years of Obama has wrought. And the plan that Romney outlined today can actually work. Obama has done nothing to improve our economy and in fact, by stifling energy production and fomenting uncertainty with his meditax scheme has slowed the economy and hurt job production.

Didn't read it. I make it a point not to listen to anything a politician says the year running up to an election. It's guaranteed bullshit.

And yes, I did have to come in here just to say that.

Just having obama out of office and someone who understands business will do wonders to turn the economy around.

I heard this speech this morning and it was so refreshing to hear someone that truly has a plan and understands what it takes to implement it.

"I have a plan," Romney said. "My plan calls for action that will get America working again and create good jobs, both near-term and long-term. It includes finally taking advantage of our energy resources, building the Keystone pipeline, making sure we create energy jobs, and we convince manufacturers that energy will be available and low cost in America. It means opening up new markets for American trade, particularly in Latin America where the opportunities are extraordinary. It means cracking down on China when they cheat and making sure they don't steal our jobs unfairly. It means bringing our tax rates down—our marginal tax rates down—and cutting out the exemptions and deductions and loopholes that are unfair in many cases. In other cases, we’re going to limit those deductions and exemptions, so that we maintain our revenue through growth and through limiting of these special deals, but bring our tax rates down so they’re competitive and attractive for jobs to come back to America."
"This is a time for America to choose whether they want more of the same; whether unemployment above 8 percent month after month after month is satisfactory or not. It doesn't have to be this way. America can do better and this kick in the gut has got to end," Romney concluded.

He continued: "It means having a government that sees its role as encouraging enterprise rather than crushing it with the burden of new and unnecessary regulation and with outmoded regulations that haven't been cleaned up in years and years. And finally it means having a healthcare plan that focuses on bringing down the cost of healthcare for American families, not just adding new expenses and new taxes to the American people."

Yeah, by all means, let's make sure that when China steals our jobs, they do it fairly.

Yeah, by all means, let's make sure that when China steals our jobs, they do it fairly.

china isn't stealing your jobs, the illegals are, but that's okay with you,, cause you need their votes.. enjoy your unemployment.

It seems that Romney can at least recognize the theft. I haven't seen Obama do anything in the last three years that would stop the job losses. In fact, he took millions of tax payer dollars to bail out GM so they can turn around and build a new plant in China.

Didn't read it. I make it a point not to listen to anything a politician says the year running up to an election. It's guaranteed bullshit.

The only time their voice gets any kind of a fair hearing, and when that is the situation in which you don't want to hear it?

Does that view really strike you as productive for a citizen in a country that requires it's citizenry be informed so that they can elect their representatives?

Do you also believe all politicians and political parties are the same; there's no difference in them?

Good speech. Lots of carrot, very little stick. Which is Governor Romney's largest problem; no specifics. It would be very interesting to see what all of those cuts will do to the deficit.

The only time their voice gets any kind of a fair hearing, and when that is the situation in which you don't want to hear it?

Does that view really strike you as productive for a citizen in a country that requires it's citizenry be informed so that they can elect their representatives?

Do you also believe all politicians and political parties are the same; there's no difference in them?

I hope that those that don't listen to what the candidates say, also don't vote.

Forum List

Back