It changes you when you kill someone

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
Even if the killing is justified and legal, taking the life of another human being changes you.

I don't know this from personal experience, but I have read it in many places and I believe it to be true.

What is never, ever discussed anywhere is what happens to a woman who has an abortion.

She changes. Some, like my aunt, live in a state of grief for the rest of their lives.

Some seek counseling with therapists to help them overcome their grief.

And some, no doubt, harden their hearts and become less able to accept love from others.

This topic is never discussed by our pro-abort media or in any Hollywood TV show or movie.

That is because it if is ever admitted that abortion hurts women, it might destroy the argument that abortion is merely a "choice" or a simple medical procedure to remove unwanted tissue.

So, let's talk about it.

Even if the killing is justified and legal, taking the life of another human being changes you.

I don't know this from personal experience, but I have read it in many places and I believe it to be true.

What is never, ever discussed anywhere is what happens to a woman who has an abortion.

She changes. Some, like my aunt, live in a state of grief for the rest of their lives.

And some, no doubt, harden their hearts and become less able to accept love from others.

This topic is never discussed by our pro-abort media or in any Hollywood TV show or movie.

That is because it if is ever admitted that abortion hurts women, it might destroy the argument that abortion is merely a "choice" or a simple medical procedure to remove unwanted tissue.

So, let's talk about it.

Good topic.

I have family members who live with constant regrets over their abortions. Talks of suicide even.

You are right. The damage that legalized abortions do to women does not get discussed enough.

The self doubt and second guessing never ends.

So, let's talk about it.

Seeing it and smelling it sucks to. That I can say from experience. I don't ever want to take a human life. Not for any reason. But I don't have anything against a decent beating.

My mother committed suicide and I have always felt guilty about it.

Her doctor was overdosing her on sedatives, turning her into a mindless zombie that shuffled around.

I called her doctor and asked him to take her off the medication. Actually, I was so upset I yelled at the doctor and demanded he take her off the medication.

So the doctor took her off the medication.

A few days later my mother disappeared. She was found in her car in the parking lot of her university, overdosed on her pills.

My brother, who's never been very diplomatic, told me my mother's death was my fault because I yelled at the doctor.

I have often imagined my mother burning in hell for her suicide, and though I know she was not in her right mind, these visions have plagued me.

I have lit many candles in church for my mother's soul and I have prayed very hard that she be allowed into heaven.

So, that's my experience with taking another human life. I did not kill her directly, but had I not called that doctor, my mother might still be alive today.

As usual, right wingers rely on flawed and discredited studies in an effort to restrict legal and safe abortions.

In the U.S., where abortion is a legal medical procedure, nine states currently require that women seeking an abortion receive counseling about the negative emotional effects she might experience. That’s despite the fact that research consistently shows that abortion is a safe medical procedure and that the overwhelming majority of women who get abortions feel it was the right decision for them and do not experience negative psychological reactions after the fact.
Abortion Doesn’t Negatively Affect Mental Health

As usual, right wingers rely on flawed and discredited studies in an effort to restrict legal and safe abortions.

In the U.S., where abortion is a legal medical procedure, nine states currently require that women seeking an abortion receive counseling about the negative emotional effects she might experience. That’s despite the fact that research consistently shows that abortion is a safe medical procedure and that the overwhelming majority of women who get abortions feel it was the right decision for them and do not experience negative psychological reactions after the fact.
My aunt gave her aborted child a name and celebrated it's birthday every year, and she never had a real child after that so that kind of blows a hole in your theory that women aren't harmed by abortion.

Her doctor was overdosing her on sedatives, turning her into a mindless zombie that shuffled around.

I called her doctor and asked him to take her off the medication. Actually, I was so upset I yelled at the doctor and demanded he take her off the medication.

A few days later my mother disappeared. She was found in her car in the parking lot of her university, overdosed on her pills.

My brother, who's never been very diplomatic, told me my mother's death was my fault because I yelled at the doctor.

I have often imagined my mother burning in hell for her suicide, and though I know she was not in her right mind, these visions have plagued me.

I have lit many candles in church for my mother's soul and I have prayed very hard that she be allowed into heaven.

So, that's my experience with taking another human life. I did not kill her directly, but had I not called that doctor, my mother might still be alive today.

I am truly sorry for your loss, but most experienced doctors can tell many stories similar to yours where overwrought family members demanded that treatment of their loved ones be changed to match what the family members had heard on radio talk shows or similar sources. What your ideology is telling you is usually not as good as what trained healthcare professionals can provide. Relying on flawed, discredited studies that say abortion will harm the women who have abortions can have effects that are just as devastating.

I am truly sorry for your loss, but most experienced doctors can tell many stories similar to yours where overwrought family members demanded that treatment of their loved ones be changed to match what the family members had heard on radio talk shows or similar sources. What your ideology is telling you is usually not as good as what trained healthcare professionals can provide. Relying on flawed, discredited studies that say abortion will harm the women who have abortions can have effects that are just as devastating.
You talk about flawed, discredited studies but I haven't even brought those in. I talked about my aunt, who has spent a lifetime in grief because she aborted her child and will never have another. Are you saying my story about my aunt is flawed and discredited?

My aunt gave her aborted child a name and celebrated it's birthday every year, and she never had a real child after that so that kind of blows a hole in your theory that women aren't harmed by abortion.

I'm sorry to hear your aunt was a nut bag.
That was a very wicked thing to say. I guess it's true, supporting abortion turns people evil.

You talk about flawed, discredited studies but I haven't even brought those in. I talked about my aunt, who has spent a lifetime in grief because she aborted her child and will never have another. Are you saying my story about my aunt is flawed and discredited?

I'm saying that your aunt's mental health problems are not a basis for making outrageous blanket claims about all women who have abortions. That would be stupid.

I'm saying that your aunt's mental health problems are not a basis for making outrageous blanket claims about all women who have abortions. That would be stupid.
Well, what do you think is true? It's hard to know the truth since the abortion industry and its supporters have suppressed knowledge of what's really going on.

Well, what do you think is true? It's hard to know the truth since the abortion industry and its supporters have suppressed knowledge of what's really going on.

Is that what they tell you in your crazy little bubble?

Just from personal experience, my mom had me when she was 16, ignoring the advice from many friends and family members that she should have had an abortion or given me up for adoption. So it turned out well for me and had she had an abortion, I know the guilt would have been overwhelming for her.

As for today's healthcare industry, I believe that abortions should be performed in hospitals only by regular surgeons and when necessary-- that the majority of women who choose to have abortions have exceptional reasons for doing so, ( not out of convenience or as a common practice like it is now) for health concerns, deformities, cases of rape or incest etc....and only after extensive counseling.

Then again, there is an over-abundance of bad people in the world whose parents
probably wish they'd had abortions.:71:

Last edited:
The abortion and mental health controversy: A comprehensive literature review of common ground agreements, disagreements, actionable recommendations, and research opportunities

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6207970/

The abortion and mental health controversy is driven by two different perspectives regarding how best to interpret accepted facts. When interpreting the data, abortion and mental health proponents are inclined to emphasize risks associated with abortion, whereas abortion and mental health minimalists emphasize pre-existing risk factors as the primary explanation for the correlations with more negative outcomes. Still, both sides agree that (a) abortion is consistently associated with elevated rates of mental illness compared to women without a history of abortion; (b) the abortion experience directly contributes to mental health problems for at least some women; (c) there are risk factors, such as pre-existing mental illness, that identify women at greatest risk of mental health problems after an abortion; and (d) it is impossible to conduct research in this field in a manner that can definitively identify the extent to which any mental illnesses following abortion can be reliably attributed to abortion in and of itself. The areas of disagreement, which are more nuanced, are addressed at length. Obstacles in the way of research and further consensus include (a) multiple pathways for abortion and mental health risks, (b) concurrent positive and negative reactions, (c) indeterminate time frames and degrees of reactions, (d) poorly defined terms, (e) multiple factors of causation, and (f) inherent preconceptions based on ideology and disproportionate exposure to different types of women. Recommendations for collaboration include (a) mixed research teams, (b) co-design of national longitudinal prospective studies accessible to any researcher, (c) better adherence to data sharing and re-analysis standards, and (d) attention to a broader list of research questions.

I'm sorry that the person you mention, is a nut bag, but her mental problems are not a valid excuse to deny the right to an abortion to anybody.

So, let's talk about it.
I volunteered my time at an addiction facility some years ago.

It was not uncommon for the women and occasionally for men to be suffering from addiction brought on by self medication to deal with the grief they suffered from their choice to kill their own child.

For them it was a form of PTSD.

I dated one woman that would sometimes cry and wonder what her son or daughter would be like if she'd allowed her child to live.

I personally, years before I was pro life, drove a friend to an abortion clinic because she didn't want to tell her boyfriend. I've prayed for forgiveness and know He forgives me. But still I sometimes imagine the sadness in Jesus' eyes when I meet him with his precious child's blood dripping from my fingertips.

I never killed anyone in war, self defense, or by accident.

I know that my friend would have found another ride. But still, I'm changed just by participating in an abortion.

It's no wonder it changes the mother so.

I'm sorry that the person you mention, is a nut bag, but her mental problems are not a valid excuse to deny the right to an abortion to anybody.
Wow. Attack a woman grief struck over her child's death, and her participation in it.

Your hatred is strong.

It makes sense that justifying the killing of innocent children by the dumpsterfull could blacken a heart.

Forum List

Back