It Came from Wasilla

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
I hope this wasn't posted, but it is excellent in depth journalism of the type you rarely see today. Buy the magazine too, support independent thought.

'It Came from Wasilla' By Todd S. Purdum

"...What does it say about the nature of modern American politics that a public official who often seems proud of what she does not know is not only accepted but applauded? What does her prominence say about the importance of having (or lacking) a record of achievement in public life? Why did so many skilled veterans of the Republican Party—long regarded as the more adroit team in presidential politics—keep loyally working for her election even after they privately realized she was casual about the truth and totally unfit for the vice-presidency? Perhaps most painful, how could John McCain, one of the cagiest survivors in contemporary politics—with a fine appreciation of life’s injustices and absurdities, a love for the sweep of history, and an overdeveloped sense of his own integrity and honor—ever have picked a person whose utter shortage of qualification for her proposed job all but disqualified him for his?"

Todd S. Purdum on Sarah Palin | vanityfair.com

read here.
Todd S. Purdum on Sarah Palin | vanityfair.com

""Andrew, I watch you at these debates with no notes, no papers, and yet when asked questions, you spout off facts, figures, and policies, and I’m amazed. But then I look out into the audience and I ask myself, Does any of this really matter?"" Sarah Palin

What? Another hit piece from Mr. Dee Dee Myers? Shocking I tell you, shocking!

Look, I don't care for Sarah Palin, in fact I hope she simply retires, never to be heard from again, forever enjoying the blessings of family. That being said...

I fear that the obsession exhibited by the left/Democrats for Mrs. Palin borders on the unhealthy. It's as though all the energy they dedicated to their Bush Derangement Syndrome is now being directed at a person who will be, in my opinion, politically inconsequential in the not too distant future.

It's as if they are not happy unless they have a conservative/Republican to hate.

Look, I don't care for Sarah Palin, in fact I hope she simply retires, never to be heard from again, forever enjoying the blessings of family. That being said...

I fear that the obsession exhibited by the left/Democrats for Mrs. Palin borders on the unhealthy. It's as though all the energy they dedicated to their Bush Derangement Syndrome is now being directed at a person who will be, in my opinion, politically inconsequential in the not too distant future.

It's as if they are not happy unless they have a conservative/Republican to hate.

Give me a break, that works on both sides of the aisle. The Republicans HATE the Clintons, they spent 50 million dollars to find out he got a blow job. And we go after Palin and Bush because both are absolute morons and have no business in charge of anything.

Give me a break, that works on both sides of the aisle. The Republicans HATE the Clintons, they spent 50 million dollars to find out he got a blow job. And we go after Palin and Bush because both are absolute morons and have no business in charge of anything.

Well, I guess that makes it okay then.

I fear that the obsession exhibited by the left/Democrats for Mrs. Palin borders on the unhealthy. It's as though all the energy they dedicated to their Bush Derangement Syndrome

Look in the mirror. Sonthing about motes and specks.

If the dems had run someone like her, the right would have been even worse.

I fear that the obsession exhibited by the left/Democrats for Mrs. Palin borders on the unhealthy. It's as though all the energy they dedicated to their Bush Derangement Syndrome

Look in the mirror. Sonthing about motes and specks.

If the dems had run someone like her, the right would have been even worse.

I don't need to look in the mirror, I am not a Republican nor am I a Democrat.

The obsession with Palin on both sides is disturbing.

If such a weak Hack as Palin can cause so much calamity, we truely are in trouble. It's like Spiro Agnew in drag.

The difference being that Clinton was on trial for sexual harassment, and convicted of lying under oath about his propensity to use his power to coerce vulnerable women into having sex with him.

Little different than making things up out of whole cloth, which is what the dems have done to Palin.

what you call an obsession some of us just consider good fun. :eusa_angel:

If I gave the woman any thought beyond the intertubes it might be an obsession.

"...What does it say about the nature of modern American politics that a public official who often seems proud of what she does not know is not only accepted but applauded? What does her prominence say about the importance of having (or lacking) a record of achievement in public life? Why did so many skilled veterans of the Republican Party—long regarded as the more adroit team in presidential politics—keep loyally working for her election even after they privately realized she was casual about the truth and totally unfit for the vice-presidency? Perhaps most painful, how could John McCain, one of the cagiest survivors in contemporary politics—with a fine appreciation of life’s injustices and absurdities, a love for the sweep of history, and an overdeveloped sense of his own integrity and honor—ever have picked a person whose utter shortage of qualification for her proposed job all but disqualified him for his?"

change a couple words and phrases and it fits the asshole in office as well

The difference being that Clinton was on trial for sexual harassment, and convicted of lying under oath about his propensity to use his power to coerce vulnerable women into having sex with him.

Little different than making things up out of whole cloth, which is what the dems have done to Palin.

And calling Barack by his middle name is what again? Or how Sandford and Ensign and Gingrich were the 3 fascists who went after Clinton the hardest and then did the same thing? Where are you on that?

Personally, Clinton should've never been asked the question anyway cause its nobody's fucking business who he's banging except for Hillary and if she don't care than neither do I. You see, we on the left don't hoist ourselves up as the "moral" party and then turn around and do all the things that you said you would never do

i just love it when the left tries to say palin is not qualified....

and at the same time they run like mad when you ask exactly what makes obama "more" qualified....if we ask obama himself...he points to his running for office as experience :lol:

And calling Barack by his middle name is what again? Or how Sandford and Ensign and Gingrich were the 3 fascists who went after Clinton the hardest and then did the same thing? Where are you on that?

Personally, Clinton should've never been asked the question anyway cause its nobody's fucking business who he's banging except for Hillary and if she don't care than neither do I. You see, we on the left don't hoist ourselves up as the "moral" party and then turn around and do all the things that you said you would never do

Hussein is his middle name. It wasn't imaginary.

And if someone is being TRIED FOR SEXUAL HARASSMENT you better goddamn believe their sex lives are on trial. That's what happens when you use state troopers as pimps and your power to harass women.

Not only is Hussein his middle name....but while he said we couldn't call him that during the election (despite the fact that it is, in reality, his name) he now waves it as a banner.

Likewise...when he was running for office his father was agnostic. Now he's a Muslim. Go figure..

i just love it when the left tries to say palin is not qualified....

and at the same time they run like mad when you ask exactly what makes obama "more" qualified....if we ask obama himself...he points to his running for office as experience :lol:

What's Palin qualifications?

Being a mayor of a small Alaskan town and still somehow driving it to bankruptcy?

Being a Governor and leaving about 30 months left in your term (cutting and running)?

Do tell, I wish to know. :)

Not only is Hussein his middle name....but while he said we couldn't call him that during the election (despite the fact that it is, in reality, his name) he now waves it as a banner.

Likewise...when he was running for office his father was agnostic. Now he's a Muslim. Go figure..

How often do you refer to Dubya as his middle name? Or Clinton as his? Or Reagan as his?

I call bullshit, the only reason Republicans called him Hussein was to try and act like if he was Muslim (they figure that's bad enough). Trying to scare voters isn't a good way to run a party.

How often do you refer to Dubya as his middle name? Or Clinton as his? Or Reagan as his?

I call bullshit, the only reason Republicans called him Hussein was to try and act like if he was Muslim (they figure that's bad enough). Trying to scare voters isn't a good way to run a party.

:eek:

wut?

EDIT: not many called him walker, that's what you meant?

Last edited:

but the panthers were ok

Forum List

Back