it begins....pastor says romney is not a christian

Last edited:
You know.......this is why Jefferson advocated a separation of church and state.

If people keep dividing themselves over all this religious stuff, we could end up like they did in "The Book of Eli" with Denzel Washington.

Biker,

God's kingdom is not of this present world. God, is not sitting on a big throne in the sky, chomping at the bit and wishing that He could "get in the game."

The Holy Bible makes it clear that this world and this age are being ruled by the father of lies, but it also makes it abundantly clear that someday, Jesus Christ will rule and reign on this earth for a thousand years. After that, a new heaven and a new earth will be brought into existence and this old regime will be long since gone from the scene.

A brighter day is coming! Of that, there is zero doubt. :)

You know.......this is why Jefferson advocated a separation of church and state.

If people keep dividing themselves over all this religious stuff, we could end up like they did in "The Book of Eli" with Denzel Washington.

Biker,

God's kingdom is not of this present world. God, is not sitting on a big throne in the sky, chomping at the bit and wishing that He could "get in the game."

The Holy Bible makes it clear that this world and this age are being ruled by the father of lies, but it also makes it abundantly clear that someday, Jesus Christ will rule and reign on this earth for a thousand years. After that, a new heaven and a new earth will be brought into existence and this old regime will be long since gone from the scene.

No, didn't say anything about that. I said that if the religious zealots keep dividing themselves, they may end up fighting over the Bible like they did in the Book of Eli.

I also said Jefferson stated something about separation of church and state. No, your religion shouldn't matter, your dedication and devotion in seeing to the betterment of this country is what should matter.

Like I said, separation of church and state.

Biker,

Of course there is doubt, or they could be no faith.

If you are speaking that you know, then by definition you are a false prophet. Move on.

Biker,

No, didn't say anything about that. I said that if the religious zealots keep dividing themselves, they may end up fighting over the Bible like they did in the Book of Eli.

I also said Jefferson stated something about separation of church and state. No, your religion shouldn't matter, your dedication and devotion in seeing to the betterment of this country is what should matter.

What Jefferson meant about speration of Church is totally different than what you wish it would be.

Jefferson did not want the government to dictate to the church, it was not his intent that the church and God be left out of the government.

Ron Paul 2012!

Sorry, but that's not the answer either.

Here, is the real answer: 2 Chronicles 7:14

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

Biker,

What Jefferson meant about speration of Church is totally different than what you wish it would be.

Jefferson did not want the government to dictate to the church, it was not his intent that the church and God be left out of the government.

So, in a country that has many different belief systems, why should just 1 religion dominate the government?

Biker,

Jefferson did not want the church to dictate the government, either. Jefferson had no desire that religious value or secular ethics be left out of government.

Jefferson did not want the church to dictate the government, either. Jefferson had no desire that religious value or secular ethics be left out of government.

He did not want to keep God out of Government as most of the founders believed. If they did they never would have established a congressional chaplian.

So, in a country that has many different belief systems, why should just 1 religion dominate the government?

There was but one religion in America at the time when the country became a nation

And who are you to say who is and isn't authorized to interpret the bible?

Of course, I never wrote that and of course, you just made it up out of thin air. But, that's ok, it is expected on a anonymous venue such as this.

What I said, was that the Holy Bible needs no interpretation.

Do you have a conection to God we don't know about?

Possibly. A Christian, is connected to God through the Holy Spirit. However, to the non-Christian, such a connection is anathema to common sense and laughable at the core.

Of course, for the born again Christian, no explanation is necessary and for the un-saved, no explanation could possible be enough.

The broader point here, is a stance on faith. God is interested in a relationship with those who see His Son (Jesus Christ) as the only path of salvation and re-connection with God the Father. One can have that relationship through genuine repentance of sin to God the Father and by asking God the Son, to take up residence in the form of God the Spirit, in ones life and heart. Beyond that, there is no hope for the un-saved.

However, for the saved, for the redeemed, for those made righteous - not of their own works or deeds, but through the power of God's trans-formative Spirit, ah yes, for those sincerely blessed individuals, they can look forward to spending an eternity with He who gave them life! :)

Its a sweet deal, when you stop to think about it! Seriously, there is no better deal in the entire universe, than to simply lay down ego, pride and prejudice, and accept the free gift that God has provided all of humanity: His Son, Jesus Christ.

It is just that simple. You don't get to spend an eternity with God, because of anything that you do - but because of everything that God has already done for you! :)

It does not get any sweeter than that!

Biblical literalism is simply a heresy, the same as Mormonism. Simply means that such folks are in error. And these modern Pharisees demonstrate clearly why the Founders made sure that state and religion are separated by the constitutional wall of separation.

Thanks for playing. :lol:

Either the Word of God is true, or the Word of God is not true. Using the belief in Mormonism as a qualitative comparison with Literalism and then concluding that they are somehow equal, is tantamount to saying that the writings of Joseph Smith, are the qualitative equal to the writings of Paul, and therefore, Mormonism is equal to Christianity. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Mormonism, is quite simply born of the occult - not born of Judeo Christian heritage, which is not of the occult.

Ron Paul 2012!

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

Sooooo, since there are so many of you, why has nothing improved?

Also, why was there no rain in Texas or Oklahoma.

Or does God just not answer prayers.

He did not want to keep God out of Government as most of the founders believed. If they did they never would have established a congressional chaplian.

Congressional chaplain is a ceremonial role not a legislative one

Jefferson feared undue religious influence on government....rightfully so

Ron Paul 2012!

They must not pray hard enough....or else God is pissed at all their executions

Biblical literalism is simply a heresy, the same as Mormonism. Simply means that such folks are in error. And these modern Pharisees demonstrate clearly why the Founders made sure that state and religion are separated by the constitutional wall of separation.

Either the Word of God is true, or the Word of God is not true. Using the belief in Mormonism as a qualitative comparison with Literalism and then concluding that they are somehow equal, is tantamount to saying that the writings of Joseph Smith, are the qualitative equal to the writings of Paul, and therefore, Mormonism is equal to Christianity. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Mormonism, is quite simply born of the occult - not born of Judeo Christian heritage, which is not of the occult.

Joseph Smiths writings are just as valid as Pauls....both rely on faith

False analogies don't count, so I will leave you with Smith.

There was but one religion in America at the time when the country became a nation

???? Maybe in Goose Neck, NC, but I doubt that, too. Jews, Muslims, Native Americans, Africans and many, many forms of Christianity, including Catholicism.

Try again, bigrebnc.

Ron Paul 2012!

CessnaCJ4 simply does not Jesus Christ and does not comprehend His path.

Forum List

Back