Ist of 3 SEALs Not Guilty

Intense, if you are willing to war on another religion because of your particular type of delusional Christianity you are no different than Kalam. You both nutso.

That's why we are secular nation: to protect us from nutjobs like you.

The war is not on the religion, but on the corruption, that decree's world domination. Keep your head in the sand though, ignore the statistics, and keep waving those pom-pom's for the opposition. :lol:

I do feel sorry that you believe the US is the opposition. You don't represent the spirit of Americanism at all. We can pray for you, though, because miracles do happen.

Do you have any idea at all about what you are talking about. How about you turn off the computer next time before playing with yourself, jerk off. "Americanism by Jake" :lol: :lol: :lol:. "Religion by Jake". :lol: :lol: :lol: Just keep supposing! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The war is not on the religion, but on the corruption, that decree's world domination. Keep your head in the sand though, ignore the statistics, and keep waving those pom-pom's for the opposition. :lol:

I do feel sorry that you believe the US is the opposition. You don't represent the spirit of Americanism at all. We can pray for you, though, because miracles do happen.

Do you have any idea at all about what you are talking about. How about you turn off the computer next time before playing with yourself, jerk off. "Americanism by Jake" :lol: :lol: :lol:. "Religion by Jake". :lol: :lol: :lol: Just keep supposing! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You represent a very small reactionary minority, Intense. You are at war with the social, cultural, and poltical change of the last 60 years. Sorry, we are not going back to that world.

They who know of no purer sources of truth, who have traced up its stream no higher, stand, and wisely stand, by the Bible and the Constitution, and drink at it there with reverence and humanity; but they who behold where it comes trickling into this lake or that pool, gird up their loins once more, and continue their pilgrimage toward its fountainhead.

No man with a genius for legislation has appeared in America. They are rare in the history of the world. There are orators, politicians, and eloquent men, by the thousand; but the speaker has not yet opened his mouth to speak who is capable of settling the much-vexed questions of the day. We love eloquence for its own sake, and not for any truth which it may utter, or any heroism it may inspire. Our legislators have not yet learned the comparative value of free trade and of freed, of union, and of rectitude, to a nation. They have no genius or talent for comparatively humble questions of taxation and finance, commerce and manufactures and agriculture. If we were left solely to the wordy wit of legislators in Congress for our guidance, uncorrected by the seasonable experience and the effectual complaints of the people, America would not long retain her rank among the nations. For eighteen hundred years, though perchance I have no right to say it, the New Testament has been written; yet where is the legislator who has wisdom and practical talent enough to avail himself of the light which it sheds on the science of legislation.

The authority of government, even such as I am willing to submit to — for I will cheerfully obey those who know and can do better than I, and in many things even those who neither know nor can do so well — is still an impure one: to be strictly just, it must have the sanction and consent of the governed. It can have no pure right over my person and property but what I concede to it. The progress from an absolute to a limited monarchy, from a limited monarchy to a democracy, is a progress toward a true respect for the individual. Even the Chinese philosopher was wise enough to regard the individual as the basis of the empire. Is a democracy, such as we know it, the last improvement possible in government? Is it not possible to take a step further towards recognizing and organizing the rights of man? There will never be a really free and enlightened State until the State comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived, and treats him accordingly. I please myself with imagining a State at last which can afford to be just to all men, and to treat the individual with respect as a neighbor; which even would not think it inconsistent with its own repose if a few were to live aloof from it, not meddling with it, nor embraced by it, who fulfilled all the duties of neighbors and fellow men. A State which bore this kind of fruit, and suffered it to drop off as fast as it ripened, would prepare the way for a still more perfect and glorious State, which I have also imagined, but not yet anywhere seen. -Thoreau

Henry David Thoreau: On the Duty of Civil Disobedience

Thoreau would throw up when he realized that you were quoting him in defense of your addled position.

Congressman Dan Burton (R-IN) says although he is happy with the acquittals of two Navy SEALs, the men should never have been tried in the first place.

During an appearance on America's News Headquarters on Saturday, the congressman said "They risked their lives to capture the terrorist and for them to be court-martialed and accused of what they've been accused of bothers me. In addition it sends a terrible message to the men and women in the field in Afghanistan and Iraq, who are risking their lives every day. Do they have to use kid gloves when they go after the terrorists who have done horrible things? I don't think so."

Burton went on to say, "The very idea of a most-wanted terrorist sitting in a court room and testifying against our elite soldiers is absolutely disgusting… And in my opinion, after risking their lives they probably deserve medals instead of being tried in a court-martial.”

On Friday, Petty Officer 2nd Class Jonathan Keefe was cleared of wrongdoing in the alleged beating of an Iraqi prisoner suspected of masterminding the brutal killings of four American contractors. That verdict came one day after Petty Officer 1st Class Julio Huertas was found not guilty. The third Navy SEAL, Petty Officer 2nd Class Matthew McCabe, faces trial on May 3rd in Nofolk, Virginia. McCabe is the only one accused of assault.

Alleged mistreatment by American troops has become a sensitive subject since the detainee abuse scandal of Abu Ghraib. On Wednesday, the Iraqi prisoner Ahmed Hashim Abed testified that a hood was pulled over his head, he was hit from behind and punched in the stomach. But Burton argues the claim of abuse is straight out of al Qaeda’s playbook.

The congressman said, “The al Qaeda manual says very clearly if you are captured, say you were tortured or mistreated and that will resonate with the American people, especially the left.”

Burton has been an advocate for the SEALs since the beginning. Last year, he sent a letter to Major General Charles Cleveland, Commander of Special Operations Command Central, asking for all charges against the SEALs to be dropped. 40 Members of Congress added their signatures to the letter which was also sent to Defense Secretary Gates, Admiral Mullin and President Obama.

Rep: Navy SEALs Shouldn’t Have Been Tried Liveshots

I started to respond to your litany of vague and unsubstantiated drivel, then I realized that I'd rather not waste thirty minutes of my life. I only wonder how you managed to say absolutely nothing with so many words.

I started to respond to your litany of vague and unsubstantiated drivel, then I realized that I'd rather not waste thirty minutes of my life. I only wonder how you managed to say absolutely nothing with so many words.

Just remember to try and avoid the Felonies exercising your will, and We're good kalam. ;)

The last I heard political speech is protected in this country, Intense. In which one do you live?

Intense, our world is not the "labyrinth" you assign wrongly to me. Follow the Constitution, respect decency, aid humanity, love your neighbor as yourself ~ follow these guidelines and you will find your way back to self respect.

Intense, our world is not the "labyrinth" you assign wrongly to me. Follow the Constitution, respect decency, aid humanity, love your neighbor as yourself ~ follow these guidelines and you will find your way back to self respect.

You both suppose and impose much Grasshopper. First you must distinguish reality from what your imagination projects. Try not to piss yourself in the process. :lol:

With two courtroom exonerations, the military's prosecution of three Navy SEALs is unraveling because one of the two star witnesses is a suspected al Qaeda terrorist, and the second one has told inconsistent stories, persons involved in the case tell HUMAN EVENTS.

Neal Puckett, the attorney for Petty Officer Matthew McCabe, said the two not guilty verdicts last week should prompt Maj. Gen. Charles Cleveland, who brought the charges, to dismiss the case against his client.

"It would be a waste of money to put McCabe on trial when they can't prove the underlining event happened," he said of the scheduled May 3 trial in Norfolk. "All three cases have the identical witnesses and evidence. It's the same case."

McCabe's fellow SEALs were exonerated in separate courts-martial in Baghdad on charges of dereliction of duty in the capture and confinement last September of Ahmed Hashim Abed, one of the most-hunted terrorist suspects in Iraq. On Friday, a military jury acquitted Petty Officer Julio Huertas; the next day, the judge who presided over that trial found Petty Officer Jonathan Keefe not guilty in a non-jury trial.

Next up is McCabe, the only one of the three actually charged with striking Abed.

What do the verdicts mean for McCabe next week?

"It significantly increases the chances we are going to win because the government's evidence and theory of guilt has been tried out on a basic military jury and they didn't buy it," Puckett said.

Now that the military's evidence against the three SEALs has become public in court, it is questionable why Gen. Cleveland, who oversees the special ops segment of Central Command, ever filed charges.

It is one thing for civilian government prosecutors to rely on gangland thugs as witnesses to win jury convictions of other gangland thugs.

But in Baghdad last week, when the government relied on a reputed terrorist thug to try to convict brave Navy SEALs, a military jury and judge did not buy it.

Abed was U.S. Central Command's star witness. Trouble is, he may be a murderer. Intelligence reports say he masterminded the ambush and killings of four American Blackwater security guards in Falluhja in 2004. Terrorists hung two of the charred bodies on a bridge over the Euphrates River in a grotesque scene that underscored the enemy's willingness to kill and mutilate anyone.

The SEALs captured Abed last September in a perfectly executed insertion, snatch and extraction in Anbar Province.

The Huertas-Keefe verdicts exposed the prosecutions' deep problems and further fed conservative criticism of Cleveland, who had wanted to handle the case privately in his office via non-judicial punishment. But the SEALs maintained their innocence, rejected the offer and demanded trials.

Handcuffed and in a yellow jump suit, Abed testified, via a translator, that he was beaten while held at base camp before being transferred to Baghdad, where he remains jailed. But he said he was hooded and does not know who struck him.

The fact the al Qaeda handbook directs captured terrorists to always claimed they were beaten, called his assertions into question. The defense showed photographs of the detainee to judge and jury. Abed lacked any bruises to support his story.

The other star witness was Petty Officer Kevin DeMartino, the master-at-arms at the base whose job it was to guard Abed. DeMartino testified he saw McCabe punch Abed in the gut -- testimony McCabe denies.

But DeMartino gave differing statements to investigators. At least four other trial witnesses rebutted his versions. For example, DeMartino said a SEAL saw blood on Abed's white dishdasha and helped him take it off. But the SEAL in question denied the incident ever happened.

"The combination of Abed the terrorist and Petty Officer DeMartino was not believed by the jury," Puckett said.

Of DeMartino, he said, "I have eight witnesses who will completely rebut what DeMartino said. DeMartino says people did this and that. We have the people denying this .... He is also the individual solely responsible for Abed at all times, for safety of detainee, and we can prove he left his post."

DeMartino acknowledged at Huertas trial that he at first lied to investigators, according to press reports of the trial.

"He's what we call a completely impeached witness," Puckett said.

A Navy source close to the case summed up the prosecution this way for HUMAN EVENTS: "The prosecution's case relied on a terrorist with no credibility and on DeMartino, who was responsible for the detainee and, the evidence showed, was alone with the detainee and left the detainee alone and unguarded at times when he was in his custody, violating all of the basic rules for handling a prisoner, much less a terrorist detainee. DeMartino's story has essentially evolved over time, from he 'didn't know what happened to the detainee,' to 'every SEAL took a punch at the detainee.' He has made seven different statements, all of which are materially inconsistent with each other and contrary to the physical evidence."

The U.S. military has refused to release any details on why Abed is being held. Abed denies he had anything to do with the Fallujah atrocity.

But Puckett said among the discovery documents the military turned over to the defense is an intelligence assessment that Abed planned the horrible attack.

Prosecution of Navy SEALs Unraveling - HUMAN EVENTS

You both suppose and impose much Grasshopper. First you must distinguish reality from what your imagination projects. Try not to piss yourself in the process. :lol:

You are the impostor, my friend, living in a world of delusion.

You are the impostor, my friend, living in a world of delusion.

What else have you got in your grab bag Sally??? ;) You are so good at making shit up, girl!!! ;)

Intense, you are losing it. Accept that you live in religious nut-so insignificant minority fantasy, get help, and move on.

Intense, you are losing it. Accept that you live in religious nut-so insignificant minority fantasy, get help, and move on.

Ah, is that the best you have? You have no concept of what I believe or don't believe. The longer you ramble on the more off target you project. Shame on you Jake. How long have you wrongly taken compensation from the Federal Government. It is plainly unearned. Give it back and we'll forget the rest. You might want to work on your own foundation, rather than projecting on what you know so much about others and their intents. You are miserable at that, among the weakest on this site, from either end of the political spectrum.

Forum List

Back