Issues with Thread Creation

toobfreak

Tungsten/Glass Member
Apr 29, 2017
On The Way Home To Earth
I spent 20 minutes typing up a new thread for politics, had it all done, was about to post it then I saw I wanted to just change a letter in the title from lower to upper case and mistakenly absentmindedly clicked on the banner title where I was looking instead of in the box below where I actually typed, and

BANG

Just like that. Entire thread gone. Disappeared. Thought it had maybe posted as it was. Nope. No where to be found. Looked in Politics. Nowhere in the list. Looked in my content. Doesn't even show it ever existed. Tried to back up in my browser history to recover the earlier page. No where to be found.

GONE. All that work just gone. USMB just totally dumps a thread being created because you click on the screen? I tried the same thing here and it didn't happen. Endemic only to the 'Politics' folder? Dunno. USMB has a serious server glitch here. That seriously sucked. I was using Firefox on a Mac Pro computer at the time.

I spent 20 minutes typing up a new thread for politics, had it all done, was about to post it then I saw I wanted to just change a letter in the title from lower to upper case and mistakenly absentmindedly clicked on the banner title where I was looking instead of in the box below where I actually typed, and

BANG

Just like that. Entire thread gone. Disappeared. Thought it had maybe posted as it was. Nope. No where to be found. Looked in Politics. Nowhere in the list. Looked in my content. Doesn't even show it ever existed. Tried to back up in my browser history to recover the earlier page. No where to be found.

GONE. All that work just gone. USMB just totally dumps a thread being created because you click on the screen? I tried the same thing here and it didn't happen. Endemic only to the 'Politics' folder? Dunno. USMB has a serious server glitch here. That seriously sucked. I was using Firefox on a Mac Pro computer at the time.
lol
It's happened to me on certain software too. Hate when it involves a deadline.

BANG

lol
It's happened to me on certain software too. Hate when it involves a deadline.
Oh, you’re a journalist?

BANG

Next time, look at your keyboard. On it should be a key with three lines inside a box.

If you hit that, it undoes what you just typed and you should get your prose back.

You can also right-click the textbox and chose 'undo' to get it back.

This site blows

There is your answer.

AVG gives an immediate heads-up your info and connection is not secure

This site blows

I wouldn't go that far. Long ago I had some ad and warning issues but those were resolved. USMB is a tremendous resource that costs nothing to use (unless you can and wish to donate). But it has some glitches. Just hoping to make it better. Maybe it is an unknown short cut key or something. I've been writing threads and replies and things and had it do things totally unexpected or desired, but this was the first I couldn't recover from. Fortunately, when I feel motivated, my thread can be recreated without too much trouble in the coming days as it was all basically in my head. Just a major PITA.

BANG

If you type too fast you give a major fault to USMB's main frame. USMB also has moving picture ads which slows the whole process down

BANG

If you type too fast you give a major fault to USMB's main frame. USMB also has moving picture ads which slows the whole process down

Was hardly typing at all and I get no ads.

BANG

I believe that has more to do with your system than USMB. When you use this web site, you are essentially typing in a space provided by HTML, but it is still a static page at this point.

BANG

I believe that has more to do with your system than USMB. When you use this web site, you are essentially typing in a space provided by HTML, but it is still a static page at this point.

I see you don't know much about computers or internet systems.

BANG

You go ahead and roll with that.

BANG

You go ahead and roll with that.
I don't have to. I've been involved in computer systems you cannot even imagine. The very fact that your theory fails to fit the actual events that occurred and numerous others I've seen shows that you are a mile off the mark and totally guessing. It has nothing to do with "my" system.

Just amazing. Wrote this really good thread about military surveillance everyone should be interested in, it was all done and set for me to hit post and I saw a typo in the title and in my fatigue, absent mindedly clicked my mouse on the title again to correct it mistaking it for the text box and USMB deleted the entire post! Totally gone. NO record of it ever existing. All the work erased in an instant. Would have to completely do all the work over from scratch. Fuck that. I have better things to do and obviously, no one here even cares to fix the problem much less even respond. Your loss. Apparently USMB is overrun with quality posts like if the Moon is made of green cheese and whether Pelosi has two heads or if Trump is really orange under his clothes too. Fuck it.

Just amazing. Wrote this really good thread about military surveillance everyone should be interested in, it was all done and set for me to hit post and I saw a typo in the title and in my fatigue, absent mindedly clicked my mouse on the title again to correct it mistaking it for the text box and USMB deleted the entire post! Totally gone. NO record of it ever existing. All the work erased in an instant. Would have to completely do all the work over from scratch. Fuck that. I have better things to do and obviously, no one here even cares to fix the problem much less even respond. Your loss. Apparently USMB is overrun with quality posts like if the Moon is made of green cheese and whether Pelosi has two heads or if Trump is really orange under his clothes too. Fuck it.
What would have been interesting is a thread on preventing constipation. :thup:

th

So this isn't a creation debate thread that needs to be moved to the Religious Forum???

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Forum List

Back