Issues with making abortion illegal

nukeman

Aug 25, 2005
Here is a link to a story that I forsee as becoming more prominent in the future. I for one do not agree with abortion in most cases however making it illegal is going to cause more harm than good I feel. I know a lot of you are not going to agree with that, so Im going to say, I am not going to argue the point with anyone. I just wanted to post a story that unfortunatley is going to become more of a problem as time goes by and states continue to outlaw abortion

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2002863579_abortion14.html

This is going to get real ugly in the near future

Nuc said:
I am not endorsing abortion here, but if Hitler's mother had aborted him, would that have been a bad thing?

But we could say that about anyone save for Mother Theresa and a few saints.

Personally I think the gene pool in the world has been seriously unbalanced by the advent of the pill around 1960 and rampant abortion. Maybe the Pope is right, we should let God (or nature if you prefer) take care of things.

Nuc said:
Personally I think the gene pool in the world has been seriously unbalanced by the advent of the pill around 1960 and rampant abortion. Maybe the Pope is right, we should let God (or nature if you prefer) take care of things.

Dont forget inbreeding :poke: :laugh:
But that is really the point at least for Christians that life and death is soley up to God as he is our creator and knows more than we ever will. If we as humans can't even be good stewards of nature how on earth can we manage life and death well??

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
Bonnie said:
Dont forget inbreeding :poke: :laugh:
But that is really the point at least for Christians that life and death is soley up to God as he is our creator and knows more than we ever will. If we as humans can't even be good stewards of nature how on earth can we manage life and death well??

The argument for using birth control to curb population growth is bogus, because it's not working. Certain populations (Muslims for one example) are breeding prolifically while others (Italians) are not. The fact of the matter is that overpopulation is occuring anyway and will eventually deplete the earths resources. Possibly at a slightly slower rate, but then the higher percentage of inferior people being bred due to intelligent people abstaining from reproduction by using birth control and abortion may have equally devastating impact on the planet.

I don't even believe in God, but leave it in God's hands or nature's. The world has not gotten better as a result of family planning. If it's not applied universally it doesn't work. And it never will be because then people will cry, "Genocide!"

Nuc said:
I am not endorsing abortion here, but if Hitler's mother had aborted him, would that have been a bad thing?

Reminds me of the story The Sound of Thunder.

The smallest change in history will effect everything after. Everything good and bad that has ever happened in history, or to you personally, has brought us (you) where we are now.

dmp said:
That is not a fact, that is an opinion.

Overpopulation is a fact, so I suppose you are objecting to my statement that it will deplete the earths resources. That has already happened, ever hear of the rain forest? What's your point?

GotZoom said:
The smallest change in history will effect everything after. Everything good and bad that has ever happened in history, or to you personally, has brought us (you) where we are now.

That's Buddhism! Congratulations!

Nuc said:
Overpopulation is a fact, so I suppose you are objecting to my statement that it will deplete the earths resources. That has already happened, ever hear of the rain forest? What's your point?

No. Overpopulation is a myth. The Rain Forrest is an economic issue, not over-population issue.

Fact, there exists MORE harvestable timber land today than did 100 years ago.

dmp said:
No. Overpopulation is a myth. The Rain Forrest is an economic issue, not over-population issue.

Fact, there exists MORE harvestable timber land today than did 100 years ago.

Overpopulation is a myth? How many people do you think this planet can sustain indefinitely?

Forum List

Back