Issue 2 is Defeated in Ohio

If only there was some way to strip working people of their voting rights. Perhaps that can be the Ohio GOP's next project.

id-dem.gif

What is it like in your fantasy world?

Avatar, you aren't up to date on what the GOP is up to.

You got what you want lefties. Now you have to donate your hard earned money to finance union municipal worker contracts. Bring it on but don't complain when Ohio goes bankrupt.

If only there was some way to strip working people of their voting rights. Perhaps that can be the Ohio GOP's next project.

id-dem.gif

Well, we can only hope.

"Doooooy, let's vote to allow Public Unions to keep robbing the taxpayers with lavish benefits, even though businesses are fleeing the party like Snooki just stuck her ass in the punchbowl".

You got what you want lefties. Now you have to donate your hard earned money to finance union municipal worker contracts. Bring it on but don't complain when Ohio goes bankrupt.

Or we can use our hard earned money to pay the hard working people a decent wage to perform the services we expect.

Is it just me or does anyone else seem to recall a time when John Kasich wasn't a complete asshole?

I seem to remember him as fairly sane and reasonable as GOP'ers go. Very sad he caught the wingnut virus.

Is it just me or does anyone else seem to recall a time when John Kasich wasn't a complete asshole?

I seem to remember him as fairly sane and reasonable as GOP'ers go. Very sad he caught the wingnut virus.

i don't have that recollection. but then when i hear his name, i don't initially think 'nutbar', so i must have known him as more sane.

they say if the election was today, he'd get his butt kicked.

Avatar, you aren't up to date on what the GOP is up to.

Im aware that the GOP is trying to prevent voter fraud. Which surprisingly a large number of Democrats oppose. I say large number, because there are quite a few Democrats who agree with voter IDs being necessary.

The drawing is a fantasy. It's something that cant happen and no one is seeking.

But when have Democrats had problems lying about whats going on?

And the "wingnut virus" that all of the GOP POTUS candidates had to catch will be their undoing.

I'm sure all those voters will be happy when businesses start pulling up stakes because they can't afford to operate in Ohio with those taxes...

no one is pulling up stakes because municipal employees are not divested of their collective bargaining rights.

No, they are pulling up stakes because they can't afford to pay the taxes needed to support a union boss making a six figure salary....

Which is exactly what happened here in IL. Governor Quinnochhio raised taxes after promising not to, and factories are closing down and moving to other states.

Im aware that the GOP is trying to prevent voter fraud. Which surprisingly a large number of Democrats oppose. I say large number, because there are quite a few Democrats who agree with voter IDs being necessary.

The drawing is a fantasy. It's something that cant happen and no one is seeking.

But when have Democrats had problems lying about whats going on?

you're either a liar or you're naive. the GOP is doing what every political party does... trying to make sure the "other guy" doesn't vote.

no more, no less.

or is it that you don't understand the issue?

yeah, maybe that's it.

they say if the election was today, he'd get his butt kicked.

No doubt. Was only a few months ago that Ted Strickland was polling 25 points ahead of Kasich in a hypothetical do-over. Buyer's remorse set in quick with him.

that's because he didn't run as an extremist loon who was going to try to destroy working people. apparently he took one too many phone calls from the koch brothers.

id-dem.gif

96-year-old Chattanooga resident denied voting ID | timesfreepress.com

100511aVOTERID.04_t618.JPG

Dorothy Cooper is 96 but she can remember only one election when she's been eligible to vote but hasn't.

The retired domestic worker was born in a small North Georgia town before women had the right to vote. She began casting ballots in her 20s after moving to Chattanooga for work. She missed voting for John F. Kennedy in 1960 because a move to Nashville prevented her from registering in time.

So when she learned last month at a community meeting that under a new state law she'd need a photo ID to vote next year, she talked with a volunteer about how to get to a state Driver Service Center to get her free ID. But when she got there Monday with an envelope full of documents, a clerk denied her request.

That morning, Cooper slipped a rent receipt, a copy of her lease, her voter registration card and her birth certificate into a Manila envelope. Typewritten on the birth certificate was her maiden name, Dorothy Alexander.

"But I didn't have my marriage certificate," Cooper said Tuesday afternoon, and that was the reason the clerk said she was denied a free voter ID at the Cherokee Boulevard Driver Service Center.

Last edited:
Sounds like the working folk in Ohio are fighting back. The middle class has spoken tonight. A public worker making a salary of $50,000 is far from the problem. Kasich pushed too far way way too fast. He got served.

Sour grapes make fine whine.

Keep the cheerleading fuckbrain, when Ohio starts laying off thousands of public union employees, will you still be clapping like a chimp?

RI shouldn't feel too lonely for long, its bankruptcy will soon be joined by OH and IL...and do NOT expect me in NY to bail out your fucking ass :eusa_whistle:

Fuck all public unions and national ones as well - they are criminal enterprises.

If they are allowed to form unions, then their right to vote should be terminated - no more getting their cake and eating it too. Either you work as a public employee and cannot form a union/donate money to the politician voting on your benefits/pensions, etc. - or you can form a union but cannot vote or donate money, its one or the other.

Funny how all of those fucking moron "Occupy Wall St" idiots talk about ending corruption in politics and bought-and-paid for politicians, but somehow, never seem to mention public employee unions...astroturf at its finest.

Forum List

Back