Israel´s terror attacks on Syria are going to end

I don't believe that the recent entanglement with the Israeli air penetration reconnaissance was a full-on strike at the airport in Damascus.
Israeli TV said it was the heaviest attack on Syria at all with "dozens" of missiles! Report comes later.

Schwere israelische Luftangriffe in Syrien

Who do you think is going to read that?
It is just a back up for my statement. If you don´t want to read it, who cares?

You must do. I can tell by your responses.

Besides, I read German. Not everybody does.
- My responsibility is covered with providing an unbiased or credible source.
- Not everybody reads German but it isn´t too hard to paste the link into the google translator.
- I try to provide English sources but the information has priority.

I don't think so. I was on holiday last year with a Polish person; neither of us understanding each other's language. I won't repeat some of the Google translations.

You think German press is unbiased? Really?

Israeli TV said it was the heaviest attack on Syria at all with "dozens" of missiles! Report comes later.

Schwere israelische Luftangriffe in Syrien

Who do you think is going to read that?
It is just a back up for my statement. If you don´t want to read it, who cares?

You must do. I can tell by your responses.

Besides, I read German. Not everybody does.
- My responsibility is covered with providing an unbiased or credible source.
- Not everybody reads German but it isn´t too hard to paste the link into the google translator.
- I try to provide English sources but the information has priority.

I don't think so. I was on holiday last year with a Polish person; neither of us understanding each other's language. I won't repeat some of the Google translations.

You think German press is unbiased? Really?
You can clearly see that the article is unbiased.
As for google translate, it is sufficient to get the content. By the way, never translate to Polish or any other language but always to English.

The Russians have no one in Syria? Assad is in Syria only because the Russians are in Syria.
You didn´t understand. There are no Russian Assets in the south. And I don´t believe they still fly AWACS in Syria.

By the way, see the "collapse" of 2015:
swgvwlm9.jpg
Not in the South? What century are you living in? Russian radars track everything in Syrian airspace. They see the Israeli missiles and the Syrian interceptors. Technologically, the Russians and Israelis the Syrians are generations behind.
Russia has bolstered Syria´s air defense.
Interesting point, have they? So far the Syrians have not fired the S-300 interceptors the Russians are said to have given to them.
I also heard they are not yet deployed. It is certainly because of Russia´s "appeasement" policy. But they have modern Panzir systems and almost every Russian AA-system, no matter how old, is able to intercept missiles.
The reports are that the S-300 was deployed but that the Syrians were still being trained but that was quite a while ago, so I suspect there are other forces at work preventing the Syrians from using them. As for the older systems being able to shoot down missiles, they cannot shoot down enough missiles to thwart an attack; that is why Syria wanted the S-300. Historically, Russian anti aircraft systems have never been able to thwart Israeli attacks, and it is unlikely any Russian technology ever will. The only way Syria can end the Israeli attacks against Iran and Hezbollah in Syria is to get them out of the country.

RE: Israel´s terror attacks on Syria are going to end
⁜→ toomuchtime, et al,

Well, the Russian S-300 Surface to Air Missile (SAM) (and its follow-on systems) are top-of-the-line defense capable against most Fourth Generation strike aircraft. This SAM System Family can engage allied aircraft operating 120 miles out and up to altitudes of 60,000'(+). With the exception of the next generation of air superiority fighter platforms (F-22s and F-35s Lightning II up-graded) and improved bomber stealth technology, the S-300 Family is quite of a deadly capable system. New strategies require new overall survivability disciplines and combined strike package (F-22s and B-2s), including countermeasures deployments and advanced signature reduction.

View attachment 241235
An S-300 SAM Battery with target acquisition radar.
→ ... → One question remains unanswered, why hasn't Syria yet used teh S-300 system Russia claims to have given to them?
(COMMENT)

However, the S-300 and S-400 SAM Families are vulnerable to both the Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile (JASSM) and Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile-Extended Range (JASSM-ER). These are complements to the "Wild Weasels" that are already in play. The JASSM/JASSM-ER conventional, stealthy, long-range air-launched, precision ground attack cruise missile used in a standoff distance.
Once the S-300 Target Acquisition Systems reveals itself, the countermeasure records the position and locks-on to that coordinate for engagements. The JASSMs attack the eyes and ears of the S-300 SAM Fire Directions systems at the radar system level, and with one strike renders multiple batteries blind.

The overall Air Defense profile for these families looks like this (simplistic view):

It is not known at the open source level exactly how many Aquisition radars and engagement radars the Russians have deployed in Syria. But if the numbers reported by Reuters News is accurate, there could be one battery of six launch platforms with four launch tubes each. That battery could engage as many as 12 allied attack aircraft (flights of 6 aircraft each) in each launch cycle.

(ANSWER)

I don't suppose the Russians would be very happy with the Syrians if they were to compomise the disposition and deployment of the system.

Most Respectfully,
R
It is a naive imagination that S-300s are not protected by point air defense systems like Panzir.
It is naive to the IAF cannot overcome any attempts to protect these systems if necessary. I suspect the reason Russia has not given Syria permission to use the S-300 system is that it would be too humiliating to Russia if it failed to thwart Israeli attacks or if Israel were able to destroy the systems.

You didn´t understand. There are no Russian Assets in the south. And I don´t believe they still fly AWACS in Syria.

By the way, see the "collapse" of 2015:
swgvwlm9.jpg
Not in the South? What century are you living in? Russian radars track everything in Syrian airspace. They see the Israeli missiles and the Syrian interceptors. Technologically, the Russians and Israelis the Syrians are generations behind.
Interesting point, have they? So far the Syrians have not fired the S-300 interceptors the Russians are said to have given to them.
I also heard they are not yet deployed. It is certainly because of Russia´s "appeasement" policy. But they have modern Panzir systems and almost every Russian AA-system, no matter how old, is able to intercept missiles.
The reports are that the S-300 was deployed but that the Syrians were still being trained but that was quite a while ago, so I suspect there are other forces at work preventing the Syrians from using them. As for the older systems being able to shoot down missiles, they cannot shoot down enough missiles to thwart an attack; that is why Syria wanted the S-300. Historically, Russian anti aircraft systems have never been able to thwart Israeli attacks, and it is unlikely any Russian technology ever will. The only way Syria can end the Israeli attacks against Iran and Hezbollah in Syria is to get them out of the country.
Repeating nonsense doesn´t make it true.

Repeating nonsense doesn´t make it true.
That's what I was telling you.

⁜→ toomuchtime, et al,

Well, the Russian S-300 Surface to Air Missile (SAM) (and its follow-on systems) are top-of-the-line defense capable against most Fourth Generation strike aircraft. This SAM System Family can engage allied aircraft operating 120 miles out and up to altitudes of 60,000'(+). With the exception of the next generation of air superiority fighter platforms (F-22s and F-35s Lightning II up-graded) and improved bomber stealth technology, the S-300 Family is quite of a deadly capable system. New strategies require new overall survivability disciplines and combined strike package (F-22s and B-2s), including countermeasures deployments and advanced signature reduction.

View attachment 241235
→ ... → One question remains unanswered, why hasn't Syria yet used teh S-300 system Russia claims to have given to them?
(COMMENT)

However, the S-300 and S-400 SAM Families are vulnerable to both the Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile (JASSM) and Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile-Extended Range (JASSM-ER). These are complements to the "Wild Weasels" that are already in play. The JASSM/JASSM-ER conventional, stealthy, long-range air-launched, precision ground attack cruise missile used in a standoff distance.
Once the S-300 Target Acquisition Systems reveals itself, the countermeasure records the position and locks-on to that coordinate for engagements. The JASSMs attack the eyes and ears of the S-300 SAM Fire Directions systems at the radar system level, and with one strike renders multiple batteries blind.

The overall Air Defense profile for these families looks like this (simplistic view):

It is not known at the open source level exactly how many Aquisition radars and engagement radars the Russians have deployed in Syria. But if the numbers reported by Reuters News is accurate, there could be one battery of six launch platforms with four launch tubes each. That battery could engage as many as 12 allied attack aircraft (flights of 6 aircraft each) in each launch cycle.

(ANSWER)

I don't suppose the Russians would be very happy with the Syrians if they were to compomise the disposition and deployment of the system.

Most Respectfully,
R
It is a naive imagination that S-300s are not protected by point air defense systems like Panzir.
It is naive to the IAF cannot overcome any attempts to protect these systems if necessary. I suspect the reason Russia has not given Syria permission to use the S-300 system is that it would be too humiliating to Russia if it failed to thwart Israeli attacks or if Israel were able to destroy the systems.
"Netanyahu tells European foreign ministers that if the Russian missile systems get into Syria, Israel's'entire airspace will become a no-fly zone' and therefore it 'cannot stand idly by."
Israel says will act to prevent S-300 missile systems from becoming operational

⁜→ toomuchtime, et al,

View attachment 241235
(COMMENT)

(ANSWER)

Most Respectfully,
R
"Netanyahu tells European foreign ministers that if the Russian missile systems get into Syria, Israel's'entire airspace will become a no-fly zone' and therefore it 'cannot stand idly by."
Exactly, if the S-300 is placed close enough to Israel for civilian aircraft to be endangered, so the S-300's would have to be destroyed if any of Israel's airspace falls within its range, however they would not be able to thwart Israeli attacks against Iranian and Hezbollah targets in Syria.

⁜→ toomuchtime, et al,

View attachment 241235
(COMMENT)

(ANSWER)

Most Respectfully,
R
Exactly, if the S-300 is placed close enough to Israel for civilian aircraft to be endangered, so the S-300's would have to be destroyed if any of Israel's airspace falls within its range, however they would not be able to thwart Israeli attacks against Iranian and Hezbollah targets in Syria.
You are talking about "would" while they, in fact, do it.

⁜→ toomuchtime, et al,

View attachment 241235
(COMMENT)

(ANSWER)

Most Respectfully,
R
Clearly they haven't thwarted the Israeli attacks.

Yes, they did. Israels doesn´t dare to enter Syrian airspace and most missiles get intercepted.

Yes, they did. Israels doesn´t dare to enter Syrian airspace and most missiles get intercepted.
The fact is that the targets Israel goes after are destroyed, so clearly the Syrian anti aircraft systems do not thwart Israeli attacks on Iranian and Hezbollah targets in Syria.

The fact is that the targets Israel goes after are destroyed, so clearly the Syrian anti aircraft systems do not thwart Israeli attacks on Iranian and Hezbollah targets in Syria.
Not fact.

Not fact.
lol Of course it's a fact. You're beginning to sound like Baghdad Bob.

Not fact.
No, it isn´t. Air defense cannot intercept all missiles each time. But the Russian stuff is still way better than Iron Dome (made in UK, assembled in Israel) or Patriot.

Not fact.
No, it isn´t. Air defense cannot intercept all missiles each time. But the Russian stuff is still way better than Iron Dome (made in UK, assembled in Israel) or Patriot.
Now your posts are so silly, you'e starting to make Baghdad Bob look good. Nothing Syria has can prevent Israel from destroying any target it goes after in Syria.

Not fact.
Now your posts are so silly, you'e starting to make Baghdad Bob look good. Nothing Syria has can prevent Israel from destroying any target it goes after in Syria.
This is not about equipment but politics. Israel´s ally will protect them, otherwise a single strike would take out the Israeli air strips and the spook would be over. Syria´s ally, on the other hand, is always about appeasement, they hold love-ins and let the peace doves fly. At some point, however, there should be a red line, but Russia doesn´t have one, it seems, even when a plane full of Russians gets downed.
So the bully can send all the missiles he needs to overcome air defense.

Forum List

Back