Israel´s terror attacks on Syria are going to end

In other words, there are a variety of conflicting reports.
The Russians have nobody there, they can only adopt Syrian reports. The army facebook site will tell us soon how many missiles were fired. It is obvious that your source tries to misinform you.
The Russians have no one in Syria? Assad is in Syria only because the Russians are in Syria.
You didn´t understand. There are no Russian Assets in the south. And I don´t believe they still fly AWACS in Syria.

By the way, see the "collapse" of 2015:
swgvwlm9.jpg
Not in the South? What century are you living in? Russian radars track everything in Syrian airspace. They see the Israeli missiles and the Syrian interceptors. Technologically, the Russians and Israelis the Syrians are generations behind.
Russia has bolstered Syria´s air defense.
Interesting point, have they? So far the Syrians have not fired the S-300 interceptors the Russians are said to have given to them.

The report is already there. It was eight missiles fired from four F-16s from outside Syrian airspace. All were intercepted midway.
Right, the Syrians intercept all the missiles and then the targets just mysteriously disappear.
Syria is not Israel. They don´t have "bird strikes" or "pilot errors". If the target was hit, the report would say it together with the casualties and damage done.
Don't be naive. No one takes the Syrian boasts seriously.
Your source misinforms you by suggesting there were contradicting reports to "prove" they are wrong.
I'm not suggesting the Syrians are wrong. I'm saying they are lying like they always do.

The report is already there. It was eight missiles fired from four F-16s from outside Syrian airspace. All were intercepted midway.
Right, the Syrians intercept all the missiles and then the targets just mysteriously disappear.
Syria is not Israel. They don´t have "bird strikes" or "pilot errors". If the target was hit, the report would say it together with the casualties and damage done.

If the target was hit, the report would say it together with the casualties and damage done.

You have the Syrian report about their nuclear reactor?
It is not even clear if there was a reactor at all.
lol It's clear to everyone but you.

RE: Israel´s terror attacks on Syria are going to end
⁜→ toomuchtime, Bleipriester, et al,

It is almost impossible, for someone on the outside, to understand what is going on with this story. In the
"Syria says it shot down Israeli missiles targeting airport in Damascus" story • By Staff Reuters • January 20, 2019, there are not enough dots (data elements) to connect that would give a clear understanding as to the event here. But I can pretty much tell you that a report of a ≈ 60 km seven missile targeting and firing sequence is strange enough as it is.

Syria is not Israel. They don´t have "bird strikes" or "pilot errors". If the target was hit, the report would say it together with the casualties and damage did.
Your source misinforms you by suggesting there were contradicting reports to "prove" they are wrong.
I'm not suggesting the Syrians are wrong. I'm saying they are lying like they always do.
(COMMENT)

You do not know if the missiles were decoys for something else, or not. You do not know if the seven missile shots all had the very same low-probability-of-intercept (LPI) radar profile, or if the seven missiles all had the same low probability of detection (LPD). You don't know if the missile shots were to force a response such that the Israelis could detect and record hostile radar target acquisition and targeting telemetry. You don't know if the shots were to determine the amount of time from actual hostile detection to lock and fire. You don't know if the shots were to elicit the location of emitters. You do not even know if the salvo was limited to just seven shots, and some went on undetected. You don't know if the seven shots were all locked on to the same target - and - you do not know if they were all fired along the same vector or angle of attack.

The event could mean so many different things besides a series of fires for effect and neutralization. And as I read the article, the damage assessment was not disclosed.

Most Respectfully,
R

⁜→ toomuchtime, Bleipriester, et al,

It is almost impossible, for someone on the outside, to understand what is going on with this story. In the
"Syria says it shot down Israeli missiles targeting airport in Damascus" story • By Staff Reuters • January 20, 2019, there are not enough dots (data elements) to connect that would give a clear understanding as to the event here. But I can pretty much tell you that a report of a ≈ 60 km seven missile targeting and firing sequence is strange enough as it is.

Syria is not Israel. They don´t have "bird strikes" or "pilot errors". If the target was hit, the report would say it together with the casualties and damage did.
(COMMENT)

You do not know if the missiles were decoys for something else, or not. You do not know if the seven missile shots all had the very same low-probability-of-intercept (LPI) radar profile, or if the seven missiles all had the same low probability of detection (LPD). You don't know if the missile shots were to force a response such that the Israelis could detect and record hostile radar target acquisition and targeting telemetry. You don't know if the shots were to determine the amount of time from actual hostile detection to lock and fire. You don't know if the shots were to elicit the location of emitters. You do not even know if the salvo was limited to just seven shots, and some went on undetected. You don't know if the seven shots were all locked on to the same target - and - you do not know if they were all fired along the same vector or angle of attack.

The event could mean so many different things besides a series of fires for effect and neutralization. And as I read the article, the damage assessment was not disclosed.

Most Respectfully,
R
Of course we won't know for sure how successful the attack was until the IDF publishes before and after pictures of the target, but experience has shown us the IDF attacks are at least often successful despite Syrian claims of having neutralized the missiles. One thing is new of course and that is that this was a daytime attack which I'm guessing was to make the point that the US withdrawal from Syria will have no effect on Israel's determination to prevent Iran from setting up military forces in Syria that could be a problem for Israel and it will have no effect on Israel's determination to prevent Hezbollah from acquiring advanced weapons. One question remains unanswered, why hasn't Syria yet used teh S-300 system Russia claims to have given to them?

The Russians have nobody there, they can only adopt Syrian reports. The army facebook site will tell us soon how many missiles were fired. It is obvious that your source tries to misinform you.
The Russians have no one in Syria? Assad is in Syria only because the Russians are in Syria.
You didn´t understand. There are no Russian Assets in the south. And I don´t believe they still fly AWACS in Syria.

By the way, see the "collapse" of 2015:
swgvwlm9.jpg
Not in the South? What century are you living in? Russian radars track everything in Syrian airspace. They see the Israeli missiles and the Syrian interceptors. Technologically, the Russians and Israelis the Syrians are generations behind.
Russia has bolstered Syria´s air defense.
Interesting point, have they? So far the Syrians have not fired the S-300 interceptors the Russians are said to have given to them.
I also heard they are not yet deployed. It is certainly because of Russia´s "appeasement" policy. But they have modern Panzir systems and almost every Russian AA-system, no matter how old, is able to intercept missiles.

⁜→ toomuchtime, et al,

Well, the Russian S-300 Surface to Air Missile (SAM) (and its follow-on systems) are top-of-the-line defense capable against most Fourth Generation strike aircraft. This SAM System Family can engage allied aircraft operating 120 miles out and up to altitudes of 60,000'(+). With the exception of the next generation of air superiority fighter platforms (F-22s and F-35s Lightning II up-graded) and improved bomber stealth technology, the S-300 Family is quite of a deadly capable system. New strategies require new overall survivability disciplines and combined strike package (F-22s and B-2s), including countermeasures deployments and advanced signature reduction.

S-300-missile-system.jpg

An S-300 SAM Battery with target acquisition radar.
→ ... → One question remains unanswered, why hasn't Syria yet used teh S-300 system Russia claims to have given to them?
(COMMENT)

However, the S-300 and S-400 SAM Families are vulnerable to both the Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile (JASSM) and Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile-Extended Range (JASSM-ER). These are complements to the "Wild Weasels" that are already in play. The JASSM/JASSM-ER conventional, stealthy, long-range air-launched, precision ground attack cruise missile used in a standoff distance.

Air Launch JASSM ER.jpg

Once the S-300 Target Acquisition Systems reveals itself, the countermeasure records the position and locks-on to that coordinate for engagements. The JASSMs attack the eyes and ears of the S-300 SAM Fire Directions systems at the radar system level, and with one strike renders multiple batteries blind.

The overall Air Defense profile for these families looks like this (simplistic view):

S-300 SAM components.jpg

It is not known at the open source level exactly how many Aquisition radars and engagement radars the Russians have deployed in Syria. But if the numbers reported by Reuters News is accurate, there could be one battery of six launch platforms with four launch tubes each. That battery could engage as many as 12 allied attack aircraft (flights of 6 aircraft each) in each launch cycle.

(ANSWER)

I don't suppose the Russians would be very happy with the Syrians if they were to compomise the disposition and deployment of the system.

Most Respectfully,
R

⁜→ Bleipriester, et al,

I'm not sure what the video shows.

All eight missiles were shot down by the latest Buk M2 and Panzir systems on Sunder afternoon.

But the Zionist war hawks took revenge for their lost missiles and stroke again in the night:
Update: Israeli missiles hammer Damascus in newest wave of strikes

(COMMENT)

What did it strike, an active missile or a decoy?

I'm not sure of the reload time for a mobile launch vehicle. Do you know?

Most Respectfully,
R

⁜→ toomuchtime, et al,

Well, the Russian S-300 Surface to Air Missile (SAM) (and its follow-on systems) are top-of-the-line defense capable against most Fourth Generation strike aircraft. This SAM System Family can engage allied aircraft operating 120 miles out and up to altitudes of 60,000'(+). With the exception of the next generation of air superiority fighter platforms (F-22s and F-35s Lightning II up-graded) and improved bomber stealth technology, the S-300 Family is quite of a deadly capable system. New strategies require new overall survivability disciplines and combined strike package (F-22s and B-2s), including countermeasures deployments and advanced signature reduction.

View attachment 241235
An S-300 SAM Battery with target acquisition radar.
→ ... → One question remains unanswered, why hasn't Syria yet used teh S-300 system Russia claims to have given to them?
(COMMENT)

However, the S-300 and S-400 SAM Families are vulnerable to both the Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile (JASSM) and Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile-Extended Range (JASSM-ER). These are complements to the "Wild Weasels" that are already in play. The JASSM/JASSM-ER conventional, stealthy, long-range air-launched, precision ground attack cruise missile used in a standoff distance.
Once the S-300 Target Acquisition Systems reveals itself, the countermeasure records the position and locks-on to that coordinate for engagements. The JASSMs attack the eyes and ears of the S-300 SAM Fire Directions systems at the radar system level, and with one strike renders multiple batteries blind.

The overall Air Defense profile for these families looks like this (simplistic view):

It is not known at the open source level exactly how many Aquisition radars and engagement radars the Russians have deployed in Syria. But if the numbers reported by Reuters News is accurate, there could be one battery of six launch platforms with four launch tubes each. That battery could engage as many as 12 allied attack aircraft (flights of 6 aircraft each) in each launch cycle.

(ANSWER)

I don't suppose the Russians would be very happy with the Syrians if they were to compomise the disposition and deployment of the system.

Most Respectfully,
R
It is a naive imagination that S-300s are not protected by point air defense systems like Panzir.

⁜→ Bleipriester, et al,

I'm not sure what the video shows.

All eight missiles were shot down by the latest Buk M2 and Panzir systems on Sunder afternoon.

But the Zionist war hawks took revenge for their lost missiles and stroke again in the night:
Update: Israeli missiles hammer Damascus in newest wave of strikes

(COMMENT)

What did it strike, an active missile or a decoy?

I'm not sure of the reload time for a mobile launch vehicle. Do you know?

Most Respectfully,
R

I have not watched it because my connection is too slow.

⁜→ Bleipriester, et al,

Well, in this short space, I will not normally address security and defense postures in depth.

It is a naive imagination that S-300s are not protected by point air defense systems like Panzir.
(COMMENT)

There is no question that the close-in Russian Air Defense (ADA) to sustain anti-access - area-denial (A2AD) systems like the Buk-M2 ADA and the Pantsyr-S Missile System are defenses to be reckoned with.

I don't believe that the recent entanglement with the Israeli air penetration reconnaissance was a full-on strike at the airport in Damascus. The Israelis, since the 1973 Yom Kipper War, are always prodding the hostile defenses.

The Buk and Pantsyr-S Missile System use active target acquisition radars and illumination radars [H/I band tracking and engagement radar (14Ghz to 19GHz) and (S-band, X-Band, Ku/K/Ka-band)]. They are not fire and forget systems. These are modernized systems of technology from the 1980s upgraded to take advantage of 21st Century Very-large-scale integration (VLSI) and processor speed. They are very susceptible to high-speed anti-radiation missiles in service today. They are deadly systems, but not outside the engagement parameters of Fourth Generation fighter aircraft and electronic signature decoys.

Most Respectfully,
R

⁜→ Bleipriester, et al,

Well, in this short space, I will not normally address security and defense postures in depth.

(COMMENT)

There is no question that the close-in Russian Air Defense (ADA) to sustain anti-access - area-denial (A2AD) systems like the Buk-M2 ADA and the Pantsyr-S Missile System are defenses to be reckoned with.

I don't believe that the recent entanglement with the Israeli air penetration reconnaissance was a full-on strike at the airport in Damascus. The Israelis, since the 1973 Yom Kipper War, are always prodding the hostile defenses.

The Buk and Pantsyr-S Missile System use active target acquisition radars and illumination radars [H/I band tracking and engagement radar (14Ghz to 19GHz) and (S-band, X-Band, Ku/K/Ka-band)]. They are not fire and forget systems. These are modernized systems of technology from the 1980s upgraded to take advantage of 21st Century Very-large-scale integration (VLSI) and processor speed. They are very susceptible to high-speed anti-radiation missiles in service today. They are deadly systems, but not outside the engagement parameters of Fourth Generation fighter aircraft and electronic signature decoys.

Most Respectfully,
R
There is no claim that they are invincible. The actual claim here is that they are all useless and that´s absolute nonsense. Watch them in action like Damascus residents do:

I don't believe that the recent entanglement with the Israeli air penetration reconnaissance was a full-on strike at the airport in Damascus.
Israeli TV said it was the heaviest attack on Syria at all with "dozens" of missiles! Report comes later.

Schwere israelische Luftangriffe in Syrien

Who do you think is going to read that?
It is just a back up for my statement. If you don´t want to read it, who cares?

⁜→ Bleipriester, et al,

Yeah, there is something different to be seen from a different angle.

Heavy Israeli airstrikes in Syria

Translation
The Israeli Air Force bombed scores of Iranian targets in neighboring Syria on the night of Monday. It is Israel's most serious attack yet in Syria, Israeli television reported in the morning. He was said to be in response to an attack by Iran's al-kudds brigades with a rocket on the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights.

Israeli forces said targets of the al-kudds brigades and the Syrian army had been targeted. Among them are several weapons depots and a facility at Damascus International Airport, a target of Iranian intelligence, as well as an Iranian training camp. The Al kuds Brigades are the elite unit of Iran's Revolutionary Guards and are mainly used abroad.

On Sunday, Israel's missile defense had intercepted a projectile that the al-kuds brigades allegedly fired at the Golan. Israeli visitors to the Hermon ski area witnessed the incident. On Monday, the facility was expected to remain closed in light of the tense situation. Earlier, Israeli fighter jets fired several missiles at Damascus airport, but they are believed to have been intercepted by Syrian defenses.

I don't believe that the recent entanglement with the Israeli air penetration reconnaissance was a full-on strike at the airport in Damascus.
Israeli TV said it was the heaviest attack on Syria at all with "dozens" of missiles! Report comes later.
(COMMENT)

The story reveals something different when viewed by a different perspective.

Most Respectfully,
R

⁜→ Bleipriester, et al,

Yeah, there is something different to be seen from a different angle.

Heavy Israeli airstrikes in Syria

Translation
The Israeli Air Force bombed scores of Iranian targets in neighboring Syria on the night of Monday. It is Israel's most serious attack yet in Syria, Israeli television reported in the morning. He was said to be in response to an attack by Iran's al-kudds brigades with a rocket on the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights.

Israeli forces said targets of the al-kudds brigades and the Syrian army had been targeted. Among them are several weapons depots and a facility at Damascus International Airport, a target of Iranian intelligence, as well as an Iranian training camp. The Al kuds Brigades are the elite unit of Iran's Revolutionary Guards and are mainly used abroad.

On Sunday, Israel's missile defense had intercepted a projectile that the al-kuds brigades allegedly fired at the Golan. Israeli visitors to the Hermon ski area witnessed the incident. On Monday, the facility was expected to remain closed in light of the tense situation. Earlier, Israeli fighter jets fired several missiles at Damascus airport, but they are believed to have been intercepted by Syrian defenses.

(COMMENT)

The story reveals something different when viewed by a different perspective.

Most Respectfully,
R
I know what you mean. Looks like the "Iranian threat" is not considered serious in Tel Aviv, then.

You must do. I can tell by your responses.

Besides, I read German. Not everybody does.

You must do. I can tell by your responses.

Besides, I read German. Not everybody does.
- My responsibility is covered with providing an unbiased or credible source.
- Not everybody reads German but it isn´t too hard to paste the link into the google translator.
- I try to provide English sources but the information has priority.

Forum List

Back