Israel's "Right to Exist"?

What right does Israel have to occupy Area C?

"The EU notes that the numbers of Palestinians in Area C has shrunk dramatically under Israeli rule to fewer than 150,000, or no more than 6 per cent of the Palestinian population of the West Bank. Settlers now outnumber Palestinians more than two-to-one in Area C.

"Israel could annex nearly two-thirds of the West Bank and still safely confer citizenship on Palestinians there. Adding 150,000 to the existing 1.5 million Palestinian citizens of Israel, a fifth of the population, would not erode the Jewish majority’s dominance."

Israel’s Annexation Plan » Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

Israel wasn't satisified with the Palestinian government recognizing their right to exist; now, the Israeli government wants them to recognize Israel as a theocracy- a "Jewish" state.

Which would make sense,maybe, if most of Israel's population followed Judaism!

"Jewish state" as a state for the Jewish nation! nothing to do with religion.

Unless you want to live in your homeland and you are not Jewish.

No one should recognize Israel's right to exist until they do the same for the Palestinian's.
You guys keep repearing the same crap like a dog chasing its tail. There was never a country called Palestine.

Or maybe the state a majority of Palestinians preferred in 1948 would've come into existence through free elections instead of ethnic cleansing?
In memorable words of the Peel commission "The only solution of tile problem put forward by the Arab Higher Committee was the immediate establishment of all independent Arab Government, which would deal with the 400,000 Jews now in Palestine as it thought fit." It's, of course, an arab understanding of "free elections". hhehe.
"The 1948 Palestinian exodus, known in Arabic as the Nakba (Arabic: النكبة*, an-Nakbah, lit. 'disaster', 'catastrophe', or 'cataclysm') (stolen from jewish history),[1] occurred when approximately 711,000 to 725,000 Palestinian Arabs left, fled or were expelled from their homes, during the 1948 Arab-Israeli War and the 1947–1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine that preceded it."
See, folks, arab understanding of "free elections" turned and bit the former in the ass, deservedly so.
Surely you remember (fondly?) how one-third of the citizens of Mandate Palestine imposed a Jewish State on the majority of Palestinians by force of arms?
It's the practical result of the arab understanding of "free elections", of course, bth., noone seems to be holding those major arab immigrant descendants, called palistanians, there against their will. They are perfectly free to explore the world.

No one should recognize Israel's right to exist until they do the same for the Palestinian's.
You guys keep repearing the same crap like a dog chasing its tail. There was never a country called Palestine.

Source for quotes: The right to self-determination - IHL

All of the people whose normal place of residence was inside Palestine's international borders that were defined by the League of Nations in 1922 have the right to self determination.

UN Charter definition

“By virtue of the principle of equal rights and self-determination of peoples enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, all peoples have the right freely to determine, without external interference, their political status and to pursue their economic, social and cultural development, and every State has the duty to respect this right in accordance with the provisions of the Charter.”

It was external interference that prevented the Palestinians from exercising their right to self determination.

It is clearly illegal under international law to deprive a people of their right to self-determination by using forcible actions including use of violence.

All of the people whose normal place of residence was inside Palestine's international borders that were defined by the League of Nations in 1922 have the right to self determination.
Cool. Arabs "determined themselves", so what?
It was external interference that prevented the Palestinians from exercising their right to self determination.
Palistanians are the result of their own arab self-determination, of course, including crappy shoes. But they may complain that life's not a computer game with a "save/reload". It's funny.

Shove those words up your ass, you racist asshole!
Tee hee! Oooo, now I'm scared! You wanna make me, ya IslamoNazi worshipping cocksucker? Telling the truth about the fact that there never existed a country called "Palestine" OR a Palestinian people is not racist, you dirtbag. There are many Arab leaders and historians that have said that as well.

personally, i think the demand of a "recognition of the right exist" is different than the actual "right to exist" itself, which was what my original question was about, and something no one seems able to explain, opting istead to repeat over and over again, sometimes in what seems like a histrionic frenzy, that israel has one, which i never denied nor affirmed.

i think israel's demand of of the palestinian negotiater's explicit recognition of israel's right to exist is a stalling tactic used to prevent negotion, as well as to interject some sort of israeli dominance into the process. christ, the palestinians are at the table and that is an implicit recognition of israel's right to exist. there is no need to formalise it. that can be done after the negotiations.

and also, and for what it is worth, the arab league, which includes palestine, has recognised israel in the offer of a peace initiative.

lol...i'm not yelling at you. i'm just frustrated. i agree with you that both sides need to enter any negotiations on an equal basis.

i guess this "right to exist" thing is just out there with no rule, rhyme, reason or condition.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Israel wasn't satisified with the Palestinian government recognizing their right to exist; now, the Israeli government wants them to recognize Israel as a theocracy- a "Jewish" state.

Which would make sense,maybe, if most of Israel's population followed Judaism!

You mean like the Arab Muslim Israelis that comprise 20% of Israeli population, and live in Israel as Israeli citizens with the same exact rights as the Jewish, Christian, Bahaii, and Atheist Israelis?

You mean like the Arab Muslim Israelis that comprise 20% of Israeli population, and live in Israel as Israeli citizens with the same exact rights as the Jewish, Christian, Bahaii, and Atheist Israelis?

No, I mean all those Palestinians who are not allowed to live in their homeland because they are not Jewish.

No, I mean all those Palestinians who are not allowed to live in their homeland because they are not Jewish.
Have you forgotten that Winstaon Churchill said that the Arabs arrived in hordes from their surrounding impoversighed countries when Isreal had jobs for them? Perhaps in your mind all those who have crossed over our Southern boarder for jobs are indigenous to the U.S. Perhaps you can explain to us why the UN said that anyone in the reason for ONLY two years could be considered a refugee. Does that really make you indigenous to an area?

jt2

Last edited:

Forum List

Back