Israel's Ongoing Emotional Blackmail of Germany

Swagger

Gold Member
Jul 26, 2011
Up on the scaffold
After recovering from the 1948 Arab-Israeli war, the Israeli economy was facing deep crisis, which led to a policy of austerity. In 1951 after pressure from various organisations demanding moral and material endemnity on behalf of Holocaust (Shoah in Hebrew) survivors, Chancellor Konrad Adenauer of West Germany addressed his Parliament: "… unspeakable crimes have been committed in the name of the German people, calling for moral and material indemnity … The Federal Government are prepared, jointly with representatives of Jewry and the State of Israel … to bring about a solution of the material indemnity problem, thus easing the way to the spiritual settlement of infinite suffering."

One month following Chancellor Adenauer's statement, Nahum Goldmann, co-chairman of the Jewish Agency for Israel and president of the World Jewish Congress, convened a summit in New York of 23 organisations focused on Jewish interests. The result of this meeting saw the creation of The Claims Conference. This new organisation's remit was to seek material compensation for Holocaust survivors. Ensuing negotiations were held between Israeli Foreign Minister Moshe Sharett and West German Chancellor Konrad Adenauer. There was, I hasten to add, strong opposition to the reparations from across the entire Israeli political spectrum, on the basis that receipt of material endemnity would be the equivalent of forgiving the Nazis for their crimes. Though Israel's economy was in such dire straights that the Knesset saw no other alternative other than to accept the offer made to them, thus saving their economy and the fledgling state of Israel.

The agreement was signed by Adenauer and Moshe Sharett on September 10, 1952 in the town hall of Luxembourg, and West Germany paid Israel a sum of 3 billion marks over the next fourteen years; 450 million marks were paid to the World Jewish Congress. The payments were made to the State of Israel as the heir to those victims who had no surviving family.

Now, I have absolutely no problem with the original settlement between Israel and Germany. I do, however, seriously question the validity - not to mention the bare-faced audacity - of further material claims of compensation by Israel against the people of Germany. Demanding more by citing - or tacitly inferring, as is mostly the case - the pain and suffering of victims of the Holocaust is shameful. It's emotional blackmail. The Israelis accepted the offer that was made to them, and now they're demanding more. It's as though certain beneficiaries (or potential beneficiaries) have turned the Holocaust guilt into something resembling an industry - further profitting from the suffering endured by the actual victims. This is a highly contentious topic in Germany, especially after the emotional strong-arming during the '90s of industrial giants Deutsche Bank AG, Siemens AG, Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (BMW), Volkswagen AG, and Adam Opel GmbH, who, the Israelis claim, benefitted from slave labour. Not to mention Israeli MK Rafi Eitan suggesting, in 2007, the establishment of "a German-Israeli work team that would examine how Germany could help the financially struggling [Holocaust] survivors." Or Israeli Finance Minister Yuval Steinitz demanding, in 2009, a further 450 million to 1 billion Euros in reparations from Germany on behalf of some 30,000 Israeli forced labor survivors. As well as seeking large discounts on two state-of-the-art, German-built MEKO warships.

This further, ongoing emotional blackmail being perpetrated against the people of Germany by Israel is disgraceful and must be stopped.

It extends well beyond Germany. In the states, where the whole system is bought by the Israel-firsters, anyone who dares question the central place of Israel in our foreign policy is in for a crucifixion. The ones who kiss Jewish butt rise to the top.

William, I trust you've read John Mearsheimer and Stephen Walt's The Israel Lobby? Here's a lengthy excerpt incase you haven't. I strongly recommend it for those interested in Israel's on-going encroachment on American foreign policy.

Observing the Jewish dominated media's temptation to label their work as anti-semitic made it even more worthwhile. Their detailed research and largely irrefutable facts protected them from the much-anticipated Jewish counter punches.

After recovering from the 1948 Arab-Israeli war, the Israeli economy was facing deep crisis, which led to a policy of austerity. In 1951 after pressure from various organisations demanding moral and material endemnity on behalf of Holocaust (Shoah in Hebrew) survivors, Chancellor Konrad Adenauer of West Germany addressed his Parliament: "… unspeakable crimes have been committed in the name of the German people, calling for moral and material indemnity … The Federal Government are prepared, jointly with representatives of Jewry and the State of Israel … to bring about a solution of the material indemnity problem, thus easing the way to the spiritual settlement of infinite suffering."

One month following Chancellor Adenauer's statement, Nahum Goldmann, co-chairman of the Jewish Agency for Israel and president of the World Jewish Congress, convened a summit in New York of 23 organisations focused on Jewish interests. The result of this meeting saw the creation of The Claims Conference. This new organisation's remit was to seek material compensation for Holocaust survivors. Ensuing negotiations were held between Israeli Foreign Minister Moshe Sharett and West German Chancellor Konrad Adenauer. There was, I hasten to add, strong opposition to the reparations from across the entire Israeli political spectrum, on the basis that receipt of material endemnity would be the equivalent of forgiving the Nazis for their crimes. Though Israel's economy was in such dire straights that the Knesset saw no other alternative other than to accept the offer made to them, thus saving their economy and the fledgling state of Israel.

The agreement was signed by Adenauer and Moshe Sharett on September 10, 1952 in the town hall of Luxembourg, and West Germany paid Israel a sum of 3 billion marks over the next fourteen years; 450 million marks were paid to the World Jewish Congress. The payments were made to the State of Israel as the heir to those victims who had no surviving family.

Now, I have absolutely no problem with the original settlement between Israel and Germany. I do, however, seriously question the validity - not to mention the bare-faced audacity - of further material claims of compensation by Israel against the people of Germany. Demanding more by citing - or tacitly inferring, as is mostly the case - the pain and suffering of victims of the Holocaust is shameful. It's emotional blackmail. The Israelis accepted the offer that was made to them, and now they're demanding more. It's as though certain beneficiaries (or potential beneficiaries) have turned the Holocaust guilt into something resembling an industry - further profitting from the suffering endured by the actual victims. This is a highly contentious topic in Germany, especially after the emotional strong-arming during the '90s of industrial giants Deutsche Bank AG, Siemens AG, Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (BMW), Volkswagen AG, and Adam Opel GmbH, who, the Israelis claim, benefitted from slave labour. Not to mention Israeli MK Rafi Eitan suggesting, in 2007, the establishment of "a German-Israeli work team that would examine how Germany could help the financially struggling [Holocaust] survivors." Or Israeli Finance Minister Yuval Steinitz demanding, in 2009, a further 450 million to 1 billion Euros in reparations from Germany on behalf of some 30,000 Israeli forced labor survivors. As well as seeking large discounts on two state-of-the-art, German-built MEKO warships.

This further, ongoing emotional blackmail being perpetrated against the people of Germany by Israel is disgraceful and must be stopped.

Do you plagiarize often?

There are rules against plagiarism in this forum.

I know what the rules are and I've sought his/my prior permission. Did you not consider the significance of the area that forum covers?

from German Constitution, Article 146
This Constitution, which applies to the entire German people since the achievement of the unity and freedom of Germany, shall cease to apply on the day on which a constitution freely adopted by the German people takes effect.
In other Articles of German constitution it is regulated how the costs of the occupation are shared between the Federal Government and the Federal States.

As you see, Germany is legally occupied territory with Germany paying for its own occupation. Germany is governed by a constitution which was not freely adopted by the German people. There'll come a time where positions will be redefined and others can think about their own position, too.
It takes time for people to emancipate, for history to be re-written and to be told correctly without any ideologies.

Today for example, you can read it in press that Mengele was not only "the Devil himself", but he was a pioneer in genetics and played violin for the KZ-choir, too.

William, I trust you've read John Mearsheimer and Stephen Walt's The Israel Lobby? Here's a lengthy excerpt incase you haven't. I strongly recommend it for those interested in Israel's on-going encroachment on American foreign policy.

Observing the Jewish dominated media's temptation to label their work as anti-semitic made it even more worthwhile. Their detailed research and largely irrefutable facts protected them from the much-anticipated Jewish counter punches.

I do own the book, but haven't read it in its entirety yet. I'm pretty well-versed on the issue as it is. But even Walt and Mearsheimer were attacked -- and they're out of Harvard and UChi.

As Kevin MacDonald quipped, if you read this book and DIDN'T feel a little "anti-Semitic", that would be odd...

Forum List

Back