Israel's Murder Of 34 American Servicemen Goes Unpunished

Truthseeker420

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2011
Home of the 2013 BCS National Champion
A former Navy attorney who helped lead the military investigation of the 1967 Israeli attack on the USS Liberty that killed 34 American servicemen says former President Lyndon Johnson and his defense secretary, Robert McNamara, ordered that the inquiry conclude the incident was an accident.

In a signed affidavit released at a Capitol Hill news conference, retired Capt. Ward Boston said Johnson and McNamara told those heading the Navy's inquiry to "conclude that the attack was a case of 'mistaken identity' despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary."

It [I]was “one of the classic all-American cover-ups,” [/I]said retired Admiral Thomas Moorer, a former Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman who spent a year investigating the attack as part of an independent panel he formed with other former military officials. The panel also included a former US ambassador to Saudi Arabia, James Akins.

The USS Liberty Cover-Up

We already knew liberal President's hated our military.
Move along, nothing to see here.

We need an ancient history, conspiracy theory sub-forum. Even better an "I hate Israel" sub-forum though a link to Stormfront would suffice.

We need an ancient history, conspiracy theory sub-forum. Even better an "I hate Israel" sub-forum though a link to Stormfront would suffice.

Maybe we need a "I hate America" forum for those who support Israel's murder of America Servicemen. Or A "Witch Hunt" forum for people who attack anyone critical of Israel or anyone that doesn't follow the zionist propganda.

A former Navy attorney who helped lead the military investigation of the 1967 Israeli attack on the USS Liberty that killed 34 American servicemen says former President Lyndon Johnson and his defense secretary, Robert McNamara, ordered that the inquiry conclude the incident was an accident.

In a signed affidavit released at a Capitol Hill news conference, retired Capt. Ward Boston said Johnson and McNamara told those heading the Navy's inquiry to "conclude that the attack was a case of 'mistaken identity' despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary."

It [I]was “one of the classic all-American cover-ups,” [/I]said retired Admiral Thomas Moorer, a former Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman who spent a year investigating the attack as part of an independent panel he formed with other former military officials. The panel also included a former US ambassador to Saudi Arabia, James Akins.

The USS Liberty Cover-Up

Acts of war are not murder. Even ASSUMING that Israel knew the ship was American, attacking it with warplanes is an act of war against a US NAVAL vessel. Our options are to accept the apology given, make counter arguments and request more than just the apology or go to War. We accepted the apology.

There is no criminal case and will NEVER be one.

Pretty simple concept really.

lol It was because Johnson was liberal?

Johnson was President when it happened. He could have demanded more then we accepted from Israel on the attack. HE, Johnson, Chose to accept the Israeli apology. He chose to accept the Israeli explanation of what happened. It is over and done with. Acts of war are NOT murder, unless you prove war crimes. No Government official has ever said a war crime was committed. You have no case and no facts to back your claims.

Maybe we need a "I hate America" forum for those who support Israel's murder of America Servicemen. Or A "Witch Hunt" forum for people who attack anyone critical of Israel or anyone that doesn't follow the zionist propganda.

Good idea, you could own that one also. Do you know how many times this subject has been hashed, rehashed and rehashed again, ad nausium on this board alone? And you thought it was because I don't believe in criticism of Israel and am plugged into the Zionist propaganda machine. Nice call there Skippy....... :cuckoo:
The nurse will be by shortly with your meds, no need to panic.

Johnson was President when it happened. He could have demanded more then we accepted from Israel on the attack. HE, Johnson, Chose to accept the Israeli apology. He chose to accept the Israeli explanation of what happened. It is over and done with. Acts of war are NOT murder, unless you prove war crimes. No Government official has ever said a war crime was committed. You have no case and no facts to back your claims.

I do have facts to back p my claims,did you read my link? Killing unarmed servicemen is murder and is a war crime. And what Isreal did was an act of war.

I do have facts to back p my claims,did you read my link? Killing unarmed servicemen is murder and is a war crime. And what Isreal did was an act of war.

Yeah and the truthers and birthers have "facts" from "experts" and "eye witnesses" to back up their claims also. Welcome to the Twilight Zone.

Aircraft attacked a naval vessel, using your claim that because the crew of said ship were unarmed it is murder, means that EVERY ship EVER attacked by other ship, aircraft, missile or other method is murder since aboard naval vessels the vast majority of the crew is UNARMED with small arms .

Dumb ass. No crime was committed, you have nothing. Our Government accepted the Israeli version of events and accepted their apology. That ends Israelis involvement completely.

Yeah and the truthers and birthers have "facts" from "experts" and "eye witnesses" to back up their claims also. Welcome to the Twilight Zone.

what facts do birthers have ?....nevermind that's another thread. What facts do you disagree with on my link?

The USS Liberty Cover-Up

Acts of war are not murder. Even ASSUMING that Israel knew the ship was American, attacking it with warplanes is an act of war against a US NAVAL vessel. Our options are to accept the apology given, make counter arguments and request more than just the apology or go to War. We accepted the apology.

Why is it Israel is the only country to get away with this shit. They killed other Americans after that..most recently one on a Turkish (Read NATO) flagged ship. If any other country had done that..they would have been flattened. Not only that..they have nukes and they spy on us. This is to be expected from a country who's military we essentially pay for?

what facts do birthers have ?....nevermind that's another thread. What facts do you disagree with on my link?

I disagree with none of the facts, as for the allegations made by the Admiral, et. al. I'll take a wait and see attitude. I'm kinda old fashioned that way, ya know, innocent until proven guilty, one of the cornerstones of our judicial system. So far all we really have is hearsay, he said, they said.
As for what birthers have......... he said, they said.........

The USS Liberty Cover-Up

Why is it Israel is the only country to get away with this shit. They killed other Americans after that..most recently one on a Turkish (Read NATO) flagged ship. If any other country had done that..they would have been flattened. Not only that..they have nukes and they spy on us. This is to be expected from a country who's military we essentially pay for?

You would have to dig up LBJ and ask him why, as a liberal President he accepted Israels version of events. I suspect he accepted because in fact the US WAS passing intel to the Egyptians.

You would have to dig up LBJ and ask him why, as a liberal President he accepted Israels version of events. I suspect he accepted because in fact the US WAS passing intel to the Egyptians.

Um..only LBJ?:lol:

Kennedy, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush and Obama came after him.

Aircraft attacked a naval vessel, using your claim that because the crew of said ship were unarmed it is murder, means that EVERY ship EVER attacked by other ship, aircraft, missile or other method is murder since aboard naval vessels the vast majority of the crew is UNARMED with small arms .

Dumb ass. No crime was committed, you have nothing. Our Government accepted the Israeli version of events and accepted their apology. That ends Israelis involvement completely.

First off the USS Liberty was a non- combat ship, secondly it tried to surrender and Israel knew it was attacking an American ship al of which are crimes. I can educate you in rules of war and war crimes if need be.....do we really need to do this dance?

The attack remains "the only maritime incident in U.S. history where [U.S.] military forces were killed that was never investigated by the [U.S.] Congress."

I disagree with none of the facts, as for the allegations made by the Admiral, et. al. I'll take a wait and see attitude. I'm kinda old fashioned that way, ya know, innocent until proven guilty, one of the cornerstones of our judicial system. So far all we really have is hearsay, he said, they said.
As for what birthers have......... he said, they said.........

There will never be a serious investigation. But I will take the sailors word who were on the USS Liberty at the time of the attack and use common sense(open shot) in coming to my conclusion until there is an investigation.

Um..only LBJ?:lol:

Kennedy, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush and Obama came after him.

Kennedy DIED which made LBJ President before he won a term on his own. As to Presidents after the fact, they have no standing. LBJ as President received the Israeli report and apology on what happened and as the President ACCEPTED those things. END of story. He made the decision to accept the Israeli position and explanation. The next President doesn't get a do over. Further Congress accepted the Israeli position by either openly endorsing it or taking no action after the incident. That settles it diplomatically.

Forum List

Back