Israel's "Iron Dome" will cost U.S. tax payers almost a Billion dollars.

Money well spent, IMO.
Exactly how is that money well spent? :cool:
Helping our ally Israel protect hundreds of thousands of it's innocent civilians from rockets shot at them by Islamic animals...

I would argue Israel is more than capable of protecting themselves from those animals. I perceive our involvement to be akin to handcuffs than helping an ally. Take the handcuffs off and Israel will be in a position to take care of herself.

I'd rather foot the bill for Israel vs. the Chevy "Volt"

If I had to choose, I'd agree. However, there is no reason we should have to choose. Israel is more than capable of protecting her own borders. I believe our meddling in their affairs only makes it harder for them to do what they have to do to protect their country.

Exactly how is that money well spent? :cool:
Helping our ally Israel protect hundreds of thousands of it's innocent civilians from rockets shot at them by Islamic animals...

I would argue Israel is more than capable of protecting themselves from those animals. I perceive our involvement to be akin to handcuffs than helping an ally. Take the handcuffs off and Israel will be in a position to take care of herself.
You don't need to argue. Just face the reality. US considers many countries it's ally, and Israel is one of them.

Last edited:
Israel's "Iron Dome" will cost U.S. tax payers almost a Billion dollars.-

To strengthen its interests in the Middle East and stop any takeovers by Islamist thugs, the USA does provide certain funding to assist Israel in combating these criminals.

However, approximately 74% of the aid, by agreement must be returned by way of Israel purchasing armaments from the USA, this is called FMF (Foreign Military Financing) passed under US Law.

The benefits to the world, in combating Islam are worth immeasurably more that a billion dollars!

This is what allies do for each other. Very simple, I support it.

"Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu called US President Barack Obama on Friday to discuss options for "de-escalating" the situation in Israel and Gaza, the White House said. The prime minister expressed his deep appreciation to the president and the American people for the United States' investment in the Iron Dome rocket and mortar defense system, which has effectively defeated hundreds of incoming rockets from Gaza," the statement said. A total of 105 rockets struck Israel during the course of the day, the IDF said, while the Iron Dome missile defense system shot down an additional 99 rockets."

PM, Obama discuss 'de-escalating' Gaza conflic... JPost - Defense

Nothing personal, sunni, but to put this in perspective, a billion dollars of the federal budget is a small percentage, and amounts to nearly nothing, per taxpayer.

americans are a sentimental people-----not willing to pay for SOME things---but always willing to pay for others. Right now the USA foots the major part of the bill for UN relief to "palestinian refugees" I do not believe that anyone who went on a campaign demanding that the US STOP FEEDING THE REFUGEES-----would get a positive response from the American people By the same token----it is known to most ----and can easily be demonstrated to the rest----that the primary purpose of the kassam rocket is to knock the brains out of children Rignt now lots of Israeli kids spend much of their time in shelters (fortified little cubicles in their own apartments or in basements) If someone went on a campaign with "WHY SHOULD WE BOTHER TO SAVE LITTLE HEADS FROM POISON NAILS? counter claims----complete with pictures of the victims lying on autopsy tables with their brains running down the metal rims like ketchup-----would end that campaign even faster than the food thing for Gazans. After all----we could also make an issue of the billlions spent each year by oily OIL RICH muslim SHAYKHS---on their own asses and collections of female asses for their entertainment

I'd rather foot the bill for Israel vs. the Chevy "Volt"

If I had to choose, I'd agree. However, there is no reason we should have to choose. Israel is more than capable of protecting her own borders. I believe our meddling in their affairs only makes it harder for them to do what they have to do to protect their country.

couple of quick points moron: where the fk are Israel's borders??? they are fluid borders...they are constantly in motion---why do you think the Israelis have avoided permanent borders for 64 year imbecile??? the belief that ( WE ) "meddle" Israel's affairs is a bit naive don't you think??? We finance the entire Israeli economy---so technically one would assume a legitimate right to 'meddle', but it would appear that Israel is the meddler....third moron: Israel isn't a country---it is illegally occupied territory ...country's routine have borders...:lol:

Do you always have this much difficulty communicating without sounding like an 11 year old on the playground? Seriously.

In any case, nothing you mention changes my position that Americans should not, nor need they, provide financial assistance to Israel...or any other country (or society/group) for that matter. If you really believe we "finance the entire Israeli economy", well, I'll just say I would stand against that as well.

All the best

You don't need to argue. Just face the reality. US considers many countries it's ally,mand Israel is one of them.

Totally agree. I like trade and we trade with Israel. However, I think our political/financial/military involvement with Israel brings with it many restrictions. And while I'm sure there are some in Israel the greatly appreciate the assistance, that does not necessarily mean that assistance is best for the country as a whole. I say take the handcuffs off Israel and let her stand on her own. They're a quite capable people with many resources and a strong grasp of modernity. Their enemy embraces antiquity, which always looses.

Regardless of how I feel about Israel in particular, I stand against forcing foreign aid from taxpayers. Individuals should be free to write a check to the country of their choice. Theft, no matter the cause, is always wrong.

Last edited:
Hamas poses no threat to America or it's citizens.

So how can wasting American tax payers money on defending other nations defenses be justified? :cool:
Why, Sunni Man, have you ever thought that America wants to help an ally? America has given much to your starving Muslim brethren even though
they hate us. Would you prefer that we stop and let your oil-rich Sunni brethren pick up the slack? I am sure most Americans would go for that idea.

As an American citizen I would favor stopping the funding of weapons and weapon systems to all countries.

But I have no problem with providing humanitarian aid in the form of food and medical supplies. :cool:

As an American citizen I would favor stopping the funding of weapons and weapon systems to all countries.

But I have no problem with providing humanitarian aid in the form of food and medical supplies. :cool:

So why mention the IRON DOME? it is not a weapon----it is a device used to PROTECT CHILDREN FROM POISON NAILS FLYING INTO THEIR HEADS As to HUMANITARIAN AID in the form of food------using it for school lunches in Hamas sponsored schools is merely way of promoting the BOMB ON STINKING WHORE ASS program that Hamas sponsors

Even when Israel had no US support, they still kicked Arab azz.
Yes that is true. Actually Israel won all it's major conflicts from 48 to 1960's without any US support. And they were won against overwhelming odds against Israel. The main reason Israel became an ally of the US was due to the fact that Arabs had become client puppet states of the Soviet Union and were being armed to the teeth by them. So naturally, the US decided to counterbalance that by becoming close allies with Israel. As usual, Muslims / Arabs were on the wrong side of history.

Amin Al Husseini: Nazi Father of Jihad, Al Qaeda, Arafat, Saddam Hussein and the Muslim Brotherhood - Tell The Children The Truth - Homepage.

That billion dollars isn't pennies by any ones standards.

We could use the money for schools or infrastructure upgrades. :cool:
Ya right Sunni is concerned about the money and not about Israel being vulnerable to missiles being shot at it by these Hamas Islamic savages. If you believe that I have a used car for sale.

Well you're in a very small minority within a minority, the rest of America stands strongly behind Israel and the leaders are following the will of the people. Game over. I don't see you complaining about the billions given to the bastards in Pakistan and Egypt.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back