Israel's eviction of Palestinian village: Palestine takes Israel to the Hague?

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by SobieskiSavedEurope, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Shusha

Shusha Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,530
    Israel does not build anywhere where it has no legal jurisdiction. Therefore, Israel is not illegally taking possession of any land and my comment does not apply.

Further, can you give me one example of a Jewish "settler" taking illegal possession of land in "Palestine" (Areas A and B) and being permitted to keep that land, as well as getting a town, property ownership and financial compensation by the government of Palestine? I can't think of a single example.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Shusha

Shusha Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,530
    On the other hand, I CAN give you examples of foreign governments providing funds to build illegally on land within Israel's jurisdiction. How do you think the US would respond to that, as an example? If Belgium provided funds and material to build a town on US State land?

3. BlackFlag

BlackFlag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,078
    Depends on your definition of “legal.” For example, the people who claimed only THEY have a right to self-determination in Israel get to make up whatever “legal” means. The global body that created Israel and gave them their authority certainly thinks those settlements are illegal. But their opinion in Israel matters as little as an Arab’s or Christian’s these days.

4. Shusha

Shusha Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,530
    By "legal", I mean following the standard, recognized, normative procedure according to written and customary law, including treaties.

The most clear of all being that there is NO DEFINED LEGAL BORDER between Israel and the semi-state of Palestine. Therefore, by definition, there is no way to claim that Israel is building on land which is "not theirs". AND there is, by law (treaty), the right for Israel to have full control over Area C.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Shusha

Shusha Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,530
    Noted that you mark it "funny" but don't argue it.

6. P F Tinmore

P F Tinmore Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,788
    That line was drawn through Palestine. It is Palestine on both sides.

7. Shusha

Shusha Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,530
    Sure. We can go with that if you want. And the geographical territory formerly known as Palestine is now legally the Jewish National Home and has been re-named Israel. On both sides.

The argument that Israel does not legally exist while the State of Palestine legally does is one of the most ridiculous arguments I have ever heard. And the only way anyone could believe that foolish notion is to ignore dozens of treaties and legal documents, not to mention some of the most basic principles of international law.

8. P F Tinmore

P F Tinmore Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,788
    Links?

9. Shusha

Shusha Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,530

See? This is exactly what I am talking about. You keep asking for the same links you've seen over and over and over again. Its as though your brain has a black hole where legal documents about Israel get sucked out. Selective memory loss.

10. keepitreal

keepitreal Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,495
    So sad, too bad

Just Do It, Israel

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1