Israel's election

elvis

Rookie
Sep 15, 2008
Anyone know the latest on Israel's election? If Netanyahou wins, it will be interesting to see how Obama responds. Netanyahou doesn't believe in a two state solution, and Obama has said he does.

Livini can't build a coalition. It's going to be Likud. Netanyahu does believe in a two-state solution, but not a three state solution. Let them have Gaza. :D

• Banned
Livini can't build a coalition. It's going to be Likud. Netanyahu does believe in a two-state solution, but not a three state solution. Let them have Gaza. :D

What does it mean for US-Israeli relations, in your opinion?

Absolutely nothing. Hillary has a prior relationship with Netanyahu. Anything Bill knows, she knows. Obama will try to step up truce talks, but Jerusalem isn't the Prime Minister's to give away. Since Israel is a state based upon Judaism, I believe Chief Rabbinite would have to approve this as they have done in the past. The day that a Rabbi approves the giving away of Jerusalem to Arabs is the day Obama will get a 50% tax increase through the House and Senate with 100% Republican approval.

It's just not going to happen. If the Arabs want to pick a city in the West Bank to have as their capitol, let them - but many Jewish soldiers died to re-take Jerusalem.

The Chief Rabbinite in Israel are much like what the Pope was to Italy back in the day. The President and Prime Minister are figure heads - the people that really matter are the Rabbis.

I thought the title was "Israel's Erection" :lol: my mind is soooo in the gutter. :tongue:

Actually, this YT video is actually related to Amanda's post and OP amazingly. :lol:

[youtube]UaS2bRGS86c[/youtube]

Anyone know the latest on Israel's election? If Netanyahou wins, it will be interesting to see how Obama responds. Netanyahou doesn't believe in a two state solution, and Obama has said he does.

i saw that in a blog, but that isn't correct. It is only the nature of a two-state solution that is in question.

Votes may have moved rightward, but the political spectrum has shifted over the past few years, as well. Belief in a two-state solution was once the province of the Labor Party and its left flank, but today neither Yisrael Beiteinu leader Avigdor Lieberman nor Likud party Chair Benjamin Netanyahu dispute that aim. The debate on the right and left is now about how to accomplish this goal.

A Two-State Solution Is Still Essential

It means no changes. we've worked with netanyahu before. and i think he's probably best able to get a settlement. they know if they shoot 3,000 rockets while he's PM, he isn't going to give a halfway response. It's amazing how that type of thing leads to more serious discussions. It's also clear that Egypt and Jordan have an interest in rooting out Hamas and in having a balance to Shi'a Iran.

The two state solution is on it's way out and the zionist reclamation of ALL the land is about to proceed regardless of who actually won the election.

Israel seizes land for settlement expansion
Israel seizes land for settlement expansion

Israel WILL have it's new holocaust class, regardless.

Was it Netanyahu or the third candidate that wanted to make all who live in Israel, westbank, gaza, etc. to take an oath of allegiance to the state of Israel.

Was it Netanyahu or the third candidate that wanted to make all who live in Israel, westbank, gaza, etc. to take an oath of allegiance to the state of Israel.

No one suggested that, but Lieberman, the leader of Yisrael Beiteinu that won 15 mandates to Kadima's 28 mandates and Likud's 27 mandates wanted all Israeli citizens to swear a loyalty oath or lose their citizenship.

i saw that in a blog, but that isn't correct. It is only the nature of a two-state solution that is in question.

Votes may have moved rightward, but the political spectrum has shifted over the past few years, as well. Belief in a two-state solution was once the province of the Labor Party and its left flank, but today neither Yisrael Beiteinu leader Avigdor Lieberman nor Likud party Chair Benjamin Netanyahu dispute that aim. The debate on the right and left is now about how to accomplish this goal.

A Two-State Solution Is Still Essential

Everyone claims to believe in some sort of two state solution, but considering the disarray in Palestinian politics, it's hard to believe anyone thinks it's possible in the foreseeable future.

Netanyahu would keep the major settlement blocs and Jerusalem and would insist Israel keep control of the borders, airspace and electronic communications of a Palestinian state. Livni is less explicit about what she supports, just saying Israel will have to give up some land, without saying which land or how much. Lieberman supports a two state solution and proposes trading some pre 1967 Israeli land which is almost entirely inhabited by Arabs for the settlement blocs. This transfer of land and population was proposed before the last intifada and was strongly opposed by the Arabs living on the land.

However, all parties agree that there can be no Palestinian state that cannot or will not guarantee peace to Israel.

This transfer of land and population was proposed before the last intifada and was strongly opposed by the Arabs living on the land.

Anyone REALLY think that zionist give a fuck about what arabs oppose? Give me a break. You people will keep pushing until you are at the doors or temple mount. And, unfortunately, by then it will be too late for everyone involved.

This transfer of land and population was proposed before the last intifada and was strongly opposed by the Arabs living on the land.

Anyone REALLY think that zionist give a fuck about what arabs oppose? Give me a break. You people will keep pushing until you are at the doors or temple mount. And, unfortunately, by then it will be too late for everyone involved.

Do you understand the statement to begin with? The Arabs, living in Israel, don't want the land given back to the Palestinians. They want the land they live to remain with Israel, because they don't want to be part of a new Palestinian state. Why would that be? Maybe they realize that they have it much better living in Israel than they would in the new Palestinian state?

Do you understand the statement to begin with? The Arabs, living in Israel, don't want the land given back to the Palestinians. They want the land they live to remain with Israel, because they don't want to be part of a new Palestinian state. Why would that be? Maybe they realize that they have it much better living in Israel than they would in the new Palestinian state?

Uh, I get the feeling you don't understand MY statement. The JEWS, living in israel, don't CARE what local arabs want one way or the other. Both Bibi and Lieberman are BOTH supporters of purging non-jews from israel. Those israeli arabs mean two things to zionism: jack and shit. Do you REALLY think israeli arabs don't know what Lieberman and Bibi promise to do to them?

Maybe they just don't want to become the next round of fodder for your little jewish kill game. After all, if the land is given to palis instead of thrown at the feet of jews then I guess it's just a matter of time before you people need to toss some more phosphorus weapons around, eh?

Originally posted by Shogun
Uh, I get the feeling you don't understand MY statement. The JEWS, living in israel, don't CARE what local arabs want one way or the other. Both Bibi and Lieberman are BOTH supporters of purging non-jews from israel. Those israeli arabs mean two things to zionism: jack and shit. Do you REALLY think israeli arabs don't know what Lieberman and Bibi promise to do to them?

Maybe they just don't want to become the next round of fodder for your little jewish kill game. After all, if the land is given to palis instead of thrown at the feet of jews then I guess it's just a matter of time before you people need to toss some more phosphorus weapons around, eh?

Why do you even bother replying to auditor?

The fact that israeli arabs are a fifth column is standard fare.

If he doubts israeli arabs would do away with Zionism in a NY minute if they could, he just added a whole new meaning to the word "clueless".

Forum List

Back