Israel's Disgrace in Gaza

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpMpHgw7yVk]Norman Finkelstein: Israel's Disgrace in Gaza - YouTube[/ame]

Obama missed his big chance for Change while waiting for Bush to pack up and leave.
If O had visited Egypt during Cast Lead (possibly with Noam Chomsky) and called for an end to the killing on both sides, we would be seeing facts on the ground today in Palestine for a two-state solution. Hopefully, US voters will stop "choosing" between Republican OR Democrat in the voting booth, and we can find a future president who won't pander to the War Racket. (It is hard to imagine such a president surviving any longer than JFK did, however).

The palestinians do not want a two state solution. No matter how badly "the world" wants a two state solution it has always been soundly rejected by muslims.

The palestinians do not want a two state solution. No matter how badly "the world" wants a two state solution it has always been soundly rejected by muslims.

Yes.

The Palestinians have only pretended to agree to a two state solution.

The charter of both Hamas and the Palestinian Authority implies that only a one state solution is acceptable!

The Hamas leader in the last few days, in a typical rant said as much and the new Palestinian Authority logo as usual reinforces this by only showing one state on the map, which of course would be Arab Palestine.

Israel has tried any possible solution offering twice the Palestinians 97% of the demands plus land compensation, but of course this was neither acceptable to Arafat or Abbas, in line with the Palestinian requirements of having one nation with the Arabs in charge.

This kind of conduct from the Palestinians and Hamas is unfortunate and its easy to see why at this stage and in the foreseeable future there is no way of permanent peace.

Norman Finkelstine. Thats all you need to know when choosing to comment on this thread or not. Norman Finkelstein - Discover the Networks
Thanks for the sobering link, Publius1787.

I've read statistics on worldwide losses of population during WWII. It's even more horrifying than words can say. I have a hard time wrapping my mind around 63,185,500 deaths, as it says at the WWII Stats page, yet a few years ago, I saw claims of upward of 100,000,000 deaths by other war researchers. Some say the lesser figure only represents official body counts, and others say some bodies were so thoroughly done away with, they missed getting counting due to a lack of evidence through vaporization, remains dumped at sea to avoid detection, etc. It was horrific, both in China, where details were sketchy, but 15,000,000 died and the Soviet Union, which shows a 23,954,000 total at the link.

Some researchers say the 6,000,000 Jewish deaths were underreported due to secrecy and that there were more death camps than known when the figures were published. As for me, I don't know. Killing people based on religion is a bad idea if the people live in peace with their neighbors.

We do know the Nazis were influenced by allies in the Middle East who prodded them to kill the entire European population of Jews to avoid having them go back to their ancestral home in and around Jerusalem and lands of the twelve tribes of Israel. Hitler agreed with his friend Amin al-Husseini that he would help him eradicate Jews from the Holy Lands in exchange for his services in inspiring the SS to kill Jews at a faster rate in death camps he visited.

"Norman Gary Finkelstein (born December 8, 1953) is an American political scientist, activist and author. His primary fields of research are the Israeli–Palestinian conflict and the politics of the Holocaust, an interest motivated by the experiences of his parents who were Jewish Holocaust survivors.

"He is a graduate of Binghamton University and received his Ph.D in Political Science from Princeton University. He has held faculty positions at Brooklyn College, Rutgers University, Hunter College, New York University, and, most recently, DePaul University, where he was an assistant professor from 2001 to 2007.

"In 2007, after a highly publicized row between Finkelstein and a notable opponent of his, Alan Dershowitz, Finkelstein's tenure bid at DePaul was denied.[1] Finkelstein was placed on administrative leave for the 2007–2008 academic year, and on September 5, 2007, he announced his resignation after coming to a settlement with the university on generally undisclosed terms.[2][3]

"An official statement from DePaul strongly defended the decision to deny Finkelstein tenure, stated that outside influence played no role in the decision, and praised Finkelstein 'as a prolific scholar and outstanding teacher'"

Norman Finkelstein - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If, by Palestine's own requirement, there should only be one country then is the only thing that will satisfy them their own total destruction?

I mean, really, Israel hasn't lost a war yet so it leaves only one resolution to the matter.
Personally I would much rather have Israel in place than another country that wants to dominate the Earth with their religion and religeous laws.

Israel would use nuclear weapons before they would allow themselves to be destroyed - a stalemate will continue. Palestine is 83% sunni muslim - they want to conquer the world.

In the close quarters of the area it would be a suicidal act to detonate a tactical thermo-nuclear device in a neighboring territory. It may also be the end of the entire area for the rest of the world. Who wants irradiated oil? On the other hand blue glass would be a lot cheaper. (for you beaders out there)

It's believed by many that Israel loaded a primitive nuclear device onto a flat-bed truck and drove the truck to the Egyptian border in 1967. Why would you think some Jews are not suicidal?

The motto of the Jews is "Never Again". Many people think that means that there will never again be another holocaust. That isn't at all what it means. The Jews willingly went to slaughter in Germany. They voluntarily boarded the trains. All the while they were convinced that not fighting would bring peace. They were wrong. What "Never Again" means is that a Jew will never again go willingly to his death. If it meant the destruction of the entire middle east and everyone in it, the Jews will go down fighting to the very last.

It's believed by many that Israel loaded a primitive nuclear device onto a flat-bed truck and drove the truck to the Egyptian border in 1967. Why would you think some Jews are not suicidal?

"It's believed by many" - wow, what an unimpeachable reference. I'm certain that any time something is 'believed by many', it's virtually indistinguishable from an actual fact.

This is supposed to be a 'debate' forum: I feel that hearsay and innuendo have no place here.

"It's believed by many" - wow, what an unimpeachable reference. I'm certain that any time something is 'believed by many', it's virtually indistinguishable from an actual fact.

This is supposed to be a 'debate' forum: I feel that hearsay and innuendo have no place here.
Well, I, for one, am shocked, SHOCKED, I say, to hear one of Israel's proudest propagandists confuse this forum with a genuinely civil discussion of opposing views. What source would you consider acceptable regarding this matter?

"A CIA report from early 1967 stated that Israel had the materials to construct a bomb in six to eight weeks[46] and some authors suggest that Israel had two crude bombs ready for use during the war.[22] According to US..."

Nuclear weapons and Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

GP: Wasn't it obvious that my objection was to the "MANY BELIEVE" with no supporting information?

Forum List

Back