Israel’s Dangerous Provocation

Israel without zionism will probably be a nice place

The Yoke is Zionism, clear yet?
Zi·on·ism (z-nzm) n A Jewish movement that arose in the late 19th century in response to growing anti-Semitism and sought to reestablish a Jewish homeland in Palestine. Modern Zionism is concerned with the support and development of the state of Israel.
So, the yoke, on the contrary, is anti-israeli bullshitism. Doh.

1. Islam glorifies martyrdom which is the killing of others.
  2. Judaism and Christianity glorify heroism which is saving lives.

Next....

Martyrdom is being killed by others for a cause. Christianity certainly honors its martyrs.

:bsflag:

No, it honors it's heroes who save lives. Islam takes babies and kills them and calls them martyrs. But you know this as you know that Hebron is the real name of ....

Now you call Hebron by its new :)lmao:) Arab name so you are quite clear pgm. :)

Last edited:
No, it honors it's heroes who save lives. Islam takes babies and kills them and calls them martyrs. But you know this as you know that Hebron is the real name of ....

Now you call Hebron by its new :)lmao:) Arab name so you are quite clear pgm. :)

Let's not start with this shit.

Martyrdom, as it's referred to in the Quran, is not much different from Christianity. Suicide is forbidden in Islam, as you are probably aware. Just because a large number of people have decided to take a twisted concept of martyrdom does not mean Islam's glorification of martyrs is wrong or even unusual. Christianity certainly honors martyrs who were persecuted for their beliefs. Peter's upside-down crucifixion is such a revered story independent of Peter's good works.

I'm not sure what was clear at all by my comments on Hebron's name. Someone asked what al-Khalil meant, and I replied Hebron. I call it Hebron. For what it's worth, the semitic root of Hebron has to do with friendship and that's what Khalil means.

On names (because I find them interesting), there's is something about the Jordanians that a professor told me once. Amman is called by its ancient name of Philadelphia by many of the locals.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Jos
He said Israel should be particularly concerned about salaries being withheld from officials involved in security coordination with the Jewish state,

The US has spent hundreds of millions in weapons and training on Palestinian security. This security does nothing for the Palestinians. It is to provide security for Israel. If the Abbas government collapses, all this will be up for grabs in Palestine.

US lawmakers have lifted a hold on nearly $200 million in aid to the Palestinians that had been suspended in response to the Palestinian bid for full UN membership, officials said Monday.

The US funds had been held back by Congress since August 18, according to the office of the Republican chairwoman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee chairwoman, Ileana Ros-Lehtinen.

A second tranche of nearly $148 million that was supposed to fund the Palestinian police forces was recently unblocked after the committee received assurances about the use of the funds and their importance to US national security.

US lawmakers lift hold on aid to Palestinians - Yahoo! News

Yes, let's start with this 'shit'. Babies who are Muslim are being used as martyrs.

There's no door out of that one pgm. Martyrdom is a celebration of death, not life.

Let's not start with this shit.

Martyrdom, as it's referred to in the Quran, is not much different from Christianity. Suicide is forbidden in Islam, as you are probably aware. Just because a large number of people have decided to take a twisted concept of martyrdom does not mean Islam's glorification of martyrs is wrong or even unusual. Christianity certainly honors martyrs who were persecuted for their beliefs. Peter's upside-down crucifixion is such a revered story independent of Peter's good works.

I'm not sure what was clear at all by my comments on Hebron's name. Someone asked what al-Khalil meant, and I replied Hebron. I call it Hebron. For what it's worth, the semitic root of Hebron has to do with friendship and that's what Khalil means.

On names (because I find them interesting), there's is something about the Jordanians that a professor told me once. Amman is called by its ancient name of Philadelphia by many of the locals.

What you were clear on is that you took the Jewish name and called it by the Arab name. Then when you were asked by someone who did not know that Arab name, you called it by its far, far older Jewish name.

Clear to me if not to you. I could be wrong. But it's pretty clear.

Last edited:
As Moshe Dayan put it, “Jewish villages were built in the place of Arab villages. You do not even know the names of these Arab villages, and I do not blame you because geography books no longer exist, not only do the books not exist, the Arab villages are not there either.”
Maps

As Moshe Dayan put it, “Jewish villages were built in the place of Arab villages. You do not even know the names of these Arab villages, and I do not blame you because geography books no longer exist, not only do the books not exist, the Arab villages are not there either.”
Maps

Archeology is not something you understand Jos, but the world sees and knows. If you want to go back, then don't go back to the time you want.

Go back all the way. Palestine is not even an Arab name.

Or stay here in today where still the Arabs intend on ending Israel.

Oh, that's what you call for as well. :)

ifamericaknew.org is a collection of cretinous individuals, some of which require professional care, of course. The real quote runs as "We came to a region that was inhabited by Arabs, and we set up a Jewish state. In many places, we purchased the land from Arabs and set up Jewish villages where there had once been arab villages. You don't even know the names and I don't blame you, because those geography books aren't around anymore. Not only the books, the villages aren't around."

What you were clear on is that you took the Jewish name and called it by the Arab name. Then when you were asked by someone who did not know that Arab name, you called it by its far, far older Jewish name.

That wasn't my post originally. A different poster used the name. A second poster asked what it was. I was the third person providing a bit of information. Hell, I googled the information because I've never called it anything but Hebron.

I thought we had made so much progress. Do you need to take up JStone's role or something since he is gone? Do you want me to go back and find the original post?

Edit: I looked up the etymology of the name. Is that to what you are referring?

Yes, let's start with this 'shit'. Babies who are Muslim are being used as martyrs.

The "shit" was the personal attacks and emoticons as surrogates for arguments and facts. I'll bite on your baby Muslim comment. To what are you referring?

There's no door out of that one pgm. Martyrdom is a celebration of death, not life.

Of course it is. And Christians have lots of martyrs. Do you want me to run down the list of martyred Saints?

Today, November 8th, is the day of St. Castorius, the patron saint of sculptors. He is known as one of the four crowned martyrs. He was tortured and executed in Pannonia, Hungary during the reign of Diocletian.

Anyway, I'm not sure what calling Hebron by its "new :)lmao:) Arab name" makes clear. I call Amman by its new Arabic name. I call Istanbul by its most recent name. I call Beijing, Beijiing, not Peking. I call Jewish cities that replaced Arab towns by their new names. I call places by their most commonly used international name. Thus, I call Hebron, Hebron. What's in a name anyway?

Last edited:

That wasn't my post originally. A different poster used the name. A second poster asked what it was. I was the third person providing a bit of information. Hell, I googled the information because I've never called it anything but Hebron.

I thought we had made so much progress. Do you need to take up JStone's role or something since he is gone? Do you want me to go back and find the original post?

Edit: I looked up the etymology of the name. Is that to what you are referring?

The "shit" was the personal attacks and emoticons as surrogates for arguments and facts. I'll bite on your baby Muslim comment. To what are you referring?

Of course it is. And Christians have lots of martyrs. Do you want me to run down the list of martyred Saints?

Today, November 8th, is the day of St. Castorius, the patron saint of sculptors. He is known as one of the four crowned martyrs. He was tortured and executed in Pannonia, Hungary during the reign of Diocletian.

Anyway, I'm not sure what calling Hebron by its "new :)lmao:) Arab name" makes clear. I call Amman by its new Arabic name. I call Istanbul by its most recent name. I call Beijing, Beijiing, not Peking. I call Jewish cities that replaced Arab towns by their new names. I call places by their most commonly used international name. Thus, I call Hebron, Hebron. What's in a name anyway?

Progress. I saw you using a new Arab name for an Old Hebrew name. I challenged it. I will continue to do so.

Those other countries names are not under an attack of dissolution pgm. :doubt:

Saints died for their belief and held fast to those beliefs to their deaths and did not go out slaughtering innocents as martyrs.

Arab children/babies are being used as martyrs. Where's the glory to life?

And if you think my responses are analogous to JStone's....

Then when he comes back, you can continue with him.

K?

Progress. I saw you using a new Arab name for an Old Hebrew name. I challenged it. I will continue to do so.

There isn't much point in continuing down this road. You assigned motives to my posts without evidence. In this case, you confused someone else's words for mine, which helped push you to that conclusion. If you're more careful in your accusations, this can remain civil.

Assuming I was in the practice of calling Hebron by its Arabic name, I'm still not sure what nefarious conclusion it implies. Help me out?

I'm not sure what you're saying here.

Saints died for their belief and held fast to those beliefs to their deaths and did not go out slaughtering innocents as martyrs.

Martyr is being used in a broad way in the modern Muslim interpretation (particularly by extremists). I believe the Quran tends to focus on those who are persecuted, but Jihadists and their ilk tend to view anyone who dies in the name of Islam are martyrs. I would certainly disagree with that conclusion and there are many Muslim scholars who concur.

Arab children/babies are being used as martyrs. Where's the glory to life?

You would have to explain more what you mean before I answer that question. I'm not sure to what you are referring.

I don't believe your posts/responses are in anyway comparable because you have a brain. You are capable of reading and forming arguments. You don't regurgitate the same quotes/youtube videos, etc.

You still felt it was necessary to jump on me for something that was quite innocuous. Either you misread what I wrote as something far more sinister or you wanted to preemptively attack me in case I was baiting (which I wasn't).

K?

I'd rather not. I'd rather have civil, rational discussions.

There isn't much point in continuing down this road. You assigned motives to my posts without evidence. In this case, you confused someone else's words for mine, which helped push you to that conclusion. If you're more careful in your accusations, this can remain civil.

I challenged you. No more.

Assuming I was in the practice of calling Hebron by its Arabic name, I'm still not sure what nefarious conclusion it implies. Help me out?

Help yourself out. If you can't see what I previously said, I am not going to repeat for your edification.

Ropey said:

I'm not sure what you're saying here.

I am saying that Israel is under attack and you give examples of countries names who are not under attack and who have simply had an erred translation as a comparison to the Arabs attempt to dissolve the culture of Israel in a multi-generational attack. Look at what they are teaching their children. Will you? Hmm?

Martyr is being used in a broad way in the modern Muslim interpretation (particularly by extremists). I believe the Quran tends to focus on those who are persecuted, but Jihadists and their ilk tend to view anyone who dies in the name of Islam are martyrs. I would certainly disagree with that conclusion and there are many Muslim scholars who concur.

You believe. Good. Believe away. I see Muslims using their babies to their death in order to create media events.

Nothing you can say will morph the truth that martyrdom venerates murder and death and heroism venerates the saving of lives. No matter how hard you try and conflate the two, they are separate.

You would have to explain more what you mean before I answer that question. I'm not sure to what you are referring.

I have explained more than enough. It is you who is unwilling to see what I am explaining due to your own views.

So I will simply agree to disagree with you here and challenge you again whenever I see views worthy of challenge. Your complaints as to my (challenges and what you call accusations) notwithstanding.

Ropey said:

I don't believe your posts/responses are in anyway comparable because you have a brain. You are capable of reading and forming arguments. You don't regurgitate the same quotes/youtube videos, etc.

You still felt it was necessary to jump on me for something that was quite innocuous. Either you misread what I wrote as something far more sinister or you wanted to preemptively attack me in case I was baiting (which I wasn't).

Ropey said:

K?

pgm said:
I'd rather not. I'd rather have civil, rational discussions.

Do you need to take up JStone's role or something since he is gone?

Then don't make the comparisons to which you will not stand.

Last edited:
I challenged you. No more.

Civil it will be. Just don't be so quick to neg rep me next time.

I am saying that Israel is under attack and you give examples of countries names who are not under attack and who have simply had an erred translation as a comparison to the Arabs attempt to dissolve the culture of Israel in a multi-generational attack. Look at what they are teaching their children. Will you? Hmm?

OK, you believe Arabs are attempting to dissolve Israeli culture. But Muslims calling Hebron al-Khalil goes back at least a thousand years and is a reference to Abraham. I wouldn't say it was a conscious attempt at destroying Jewish culture than the crusaders naming the city Castellion Saint Abraham. If there is an Arab conspiracy to destroy Jewish culture by renaming cities Arabic names, I would say it only goes back about 200 years. Would that be fair? Before Zionism, Arabs had a decent track record of treating Jews in comparison to Europe. (Note: saying it was a reaction to Zionism, does not mean I think it's justified in the least).

If al-Khalil becomes official in the dateline if/when Palestine becomes a sovereign state, I wouldn't freak out. The media is trending towards using the name the host nation prefers.

You believe. Good. Believe away. I see Muslims using their babies to their death in order to create media events.

Nothing you can say will morph the truth that martyrdom venerates murder and death and heroism venerates the saving of lives. No matter how hard you try and conflate the two, they are separate.

I think we need to separate how Muslim extremists view martyrdom and a general view on martyrdom. The view on martyrdom from the typical moderate Muslim from Michigan is a lot closer to the traditional Christian view.

I have explained more than enough. It is you who is unwilling to see what I am explaining due to your own views.

So I will simply agree to disagree with you here and challenge you again whenever I see views worthy of challenge. Your complaints as to my (challenges and what you call accusations) notwithstanding.

No, I'm not questioning you or challenging you. I'm asking you what you're talking about. I read all your posts in this thread and I still don't know what you explained.

What do you mean when you say Arab children/babies are being used as martyrs? Just give me some examples and I'm sure your meaning will become clear.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back