Israel's Catch22

Wrong on all counts. The goal in Iraq was regime change. The goal in Iran is simply to destroy their nuclear weapons program. Israel will not attack Lebanon or Gaza before a strike on Iran for two reasons. First, such attacks would put Iran on alert and possibly cost additional Israeli losses during the strike, and second, it is far from clear that either Hezbollah or Hamas would risk an Israeli retaliation for the sake of an Iran that had just been weakened and humiliated by Israel and would be of questionable value to them after that.

No your wrong, they will go for regime change too... And I said Israel will attack NOT hamas or Hezbollah....the war won't happen like I said

That makes no sense. Regime change would involve a large scale, long term ground operation and Israel does not have that capability and there would be no political support in the US for that sort of thing.

Check your post above. You said,

I guarantee Israel will attack Hezbollah right before Iran and maybe attack gaza(huge violation if they do attack, militants have right to respond any way).

Now you are claiming you said the opposite.

He is easily (and often) confused.

No your wrong, they will go for regime change too... And I said Israel will attack NOT hamas or Hezbollah....the war won't happen like I said

That makes no sense. Regime change would involve a large scale, long term ground operation and Israel does not have that capability and there would be no political support in the US for that sort of thing.

I guarantee Israel will attack Hezbollah right before Iran and maybe attack gaza(huge violation if they do attack, militants have right to respond any way).

Post 54 dumbass

Israel won't attack alone no way...if they do it will become a regional war...and will have to involve troops....also I said what I said that ISrael will invade gaza and lebonan...a preemptive attack(terror act) .....you are saying Hamas or Hezbollah will start something....no they won't it will be Israel who starts a war

OK, slow down and decide if Israel will or won't attack Hezbollah and then post. You can't have it both ways.

Israel won't attack alone no way...if they do it will become a regional war...and will have to involve troops....also I said what I said that ISrael will invade gaza and lebonan...a preemptive attack(terror act) .....you are saying Hamas or Hezbollah will start something....no they won't it will be Israel who starts a war

OK, slow down and decide if Israel will or won't attack Hezbollah and then post. You can't have it both ways.

Israel will attack gaza and Hezbollah if they attack Iran....I forgot a comma where is said Israel will attack, not hazbollah or Hamas who attack....

There's no way it can become a regional war. The only parties that might be tempted to attack Israel on Iran's behalf would by Syria, Hezbollah and Hamas, and as I stated above, it is unlikely Hezbollah or Hamas would want to invite an Israeli retaliation after Iran had been weakened and humiliated by Israel. Assad might be tempted to provoke an Israeli attack in a desperate attempt to get the people to rally around him, but his military seems to have all it can do handling the rebels, so that's probably unlikely. So there is no basis for believing there would be a regional war or that Hezbollah and Hamas would do more than lob a few symbolic rockets into Israel or that Israel would retaliate in strength.

There will be no regional war and the only stopping Netanyahu from ordering the attack now is the fact he does not have enough support in the cabinet or among the public for an attack without a green light from the US, but he is clearly working hard to change that.

There's no way it can become a regional war. The only parties that might be tempted to attack Israel on Iran's behalf would by Syria, Hezbollah and Hamas, and as I stated above, it is unlikely Hezbollah or Hamas would want to invite an Israeli retaliation after Iran had been weakened and humiliated by Israel. Assad might be tempted to provoke an Israeli attack in a desperate attempt to get the people to rally around him, but his military seems to have all it can do handling the rebels, so that's probably unlikely. So there is no basis for believing there would be a regional war or that Hezbollah and Hamas would do more than lob a few symbolic rockets into Israel or that Israel would retaliate in strength.

There will be no regional war and the only stopping Netanyahu from ordering the attack now is the fact he does not have enough support in the cabinet or among the public for an attack without a green light from the US, but he is clearly working hard to change that.

If Iran responds by hitting us bases or us warships get in the conflcit it will be a longer war...maybe not under Obama.....

And Hezbollah wouldn't do anything and Hamas doesn't rely on Iran so it doesn't matter whether they are weakened or not

Post 54 dumbass

OK, Princess.
First you posted: "I guarantee Israel will attack Hezbollah right before Iran and maybe attack gaza."
A few posts later you claimed: "And I said Israel will attack NOT hamas or Hezbollah....the war won't happen like I said."
And finally you said: "also I said what I said that ISrael will invade gaza and lebonan..."
Considering you posted all that on the same night in the same thread, I'd say you have precious little room to call anyone "dumbass," DUMBASS.

Post 54 dumbass

OK, Princess.
First you posted: "I guarantee Israel will attack Hezbollah right before Iran and maybe attack gaza."
A few posts later you claimed: "And I said Israel will attack NOT hamas or Hezbollah....the war won't happen like I said."
And finally you said: "also I said what I said that ISrael will invade gaza and lebonan..."
Considering you posted all that on the same night in the same thread, I'd say you have precious little room to call anyone "dumbass," DUMBASS.

I forgot the comma I am saying Israel will invade and it won't be started by Hamas or Hezbollah

No matter how much it rankles your racist ass, Israel shares a common interest with most of the rest of the world in preventing Iran from acquiring nukes, so while Israel will be acting in its own self interest when it takes out Iran's program, this action will also serve the interests of the US, Europe and most of the Arab states, as well as the rest of the world that would be less safe if further nuclear weapons proliferation were permitted.

....here yet again I can only marvel at your signature ignorance...the entire world supports the two-state solution---in stark opposition to the U.S. and Israel...both of these nations are self-isolated. Israel is one of the most despised rogue states in modern history...shall we review the "interests" of the U.S. and Israel? The two most destabilizing actors of the past decade are pursuing "their interests" irrespective of the rest of the planet. As for 'racist' perhaps you can enlighten us all on your usage...

Your posts continue to be unresponsive. Have you forgotten to take your psych meds or are you simply incapable of producing anything but the same tired old propaganda slogans over and over again?

bit of projection there Hon??? You have apparently taken your cues from Hoss...the decline is from idiot, to compounded idiot...I'm still reeling voer your exceptional insight on the expulsions....LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Iran responds by hitting us bases or us warships get in the conflcit it will be a longer war...maybe not under Obama.....

And Hezbollah wouldn't do anything and Hamas doesn't rely on Iran so it doesn't matter whether they are weakened or not

It's not clear how much damage Iran could do to US forces in the region if it was foolish enough to attack them, but the US has sufficient forces stationed there to wipe out Iran's navy, air force and most of the rest of Iran's military in days without landing a single soldier. Any drawn out conflict in the Gulf will drive up oil prices and that would harm the US economy so whoever is president would be under tremendous pressure to use whatever military force is necessary to bring the conflict to an end, so it would be a very short war.

Israel will attack Iran next time Hezbollah attacks Israel The attack will be on some kind of important military site-----or nuclear reactor if they can find some or maybe on a sea going vessel belonging to Iran Of course at the same time Israel will retaliate against the Hezbo attackers directly Iran would then be in a position of having to decide if it wants to ESCALATE things by making a missile attack on Israel -----and Iran will probably not do that but will use their Shahid pig squad to slit the throats of infants instead

....here yet again I can only marvel at your signature ignorance...the entire world supports the two-state solution---in stark opposition to the U.S. and Israel...both of these nations are self-isolated. Israel is one of the most despised rogue states in modern history...shall we review the "interests" of the U.S. and Israel? The two most destabilizing actors of the past decade are pursuing "their interests" irrespective of the rest of the planet. As for 'racist' perhaps you can enlighten us all on your usage...

Your posts continue to be unresponsive. Have you forgotten to take your psych meds or are you simply incapable of producing anything but the same tired old propaganda slogans over and over again?

bit of projection there Hon??? You have apparently taken your cues from Hoss...the decline is from idiot, to compounded idiot...I'm still reeling voer your exceptional insight on the expulsions....LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would imagine that there are many readers who realize that Skitt has forgotten to take his meds, or maybe he needs a stronger dose. Laugh all you want, Skitt, but many of us are laughing that you were silly enough to think that you could get away with claiming that you were a Jewish professor. What will Skitt's next screen name be, and what will he be? He has already been an Arab's son, a Lebanese Pilot, and a Jewish professor, among other things.

Ah. The 'BJ' I knew of was a silly little hick gal from up near Erie, Pa (thought of as the anus of that state!) who was really 'Betty Jean': she had pretensions of being a 'Cosmo girl' and was universally loathed by all & sundry. Even her department head - needless to say, she was in Sales.

So of course you can understand how her 'name' acquired that connotation.....

Ah. The 'BJ' I knew of was a silly little hick gal from up near Erie, Pa (thought of as the anus of that state!) who was really 'Betty Jean': she had pretensions of being a 'Cosmo girl' and was universally loathed by all & sundry. Even her department head - needless to say, she was in Sales.

So of course you can understand how her 'name' acquired that connotation.....

She sounds exactly like Skit.

Wrong on all counts. The goal in Iraq was regime change. The goal in Iran is simply to destroy their nuclear weapons program. Israel will not attack Lebanon or Gaza before a strike on Iran for two reasons. First, such attacks would put Iran on alert and possibly cost additional Israeli losses during the strike, and second, it is far from clear that either Hezbollah or Hamas would risk an Israeli retaliation for the sake of an Iran that had just been weakened and humiliated by Israel and would be of questionable value to them after that.

As a matter of protocol, when you propose to make statements like "wrong on all counts'---this necessarily entails a bit more teeth than personal speculation---which is all you offer...do you understand this? Are you familair with the content of scope of PNAC? The "goal" in Iraq was conquest and control---which is exaclty what took place...we now hold all the cards, having set up a reliable proxy-government, and replaced troops with military contractors. The same 'goal' applies to Iran...U.S./Israeli hegemony. Israel will not launch a strike on Iran without the assurred backing of the U.S. military...otherwise it would have already happened

Your post is unresponsive. The subject under discussion was what the likely consequences of an Israeli strike against Iran's nuclear program might be with respect to Lebanon and Gaza, not your fantasies about PNAC. You speculation that Israel will not strike Iran's nuclear program without US backing because it has not already done it makes no sense at all. Israel has never had US backing in any of its military operations.

Here you have struck the motherload of reckless ignorance: "Israel has never had U.S. backing in any of its military operations"??? Whom do you imagine supplies the high-tech toys you wondrous idiot??? Who foots the bill??? who furnishes U.S. military advisors??? You stupidity is breathataking...

Forum List

Back