Israel's Apartheid Laws

Sunni Stupid Man, You know nothing about your own religion

Dhimmis were forced to live lives stripped of basic rights. They could not practice their religion openly. They could not build new houses of worship. They were forced to pay a jizya tax in order to not be killed.

Dhimmis were forced to wear insignia as in nazi Germany, which is where the nazis derived their own insignia for the Jews.

You really embarrass yourself as being totally ignorant of your own cult and its history[/QUOTE]

Stupid Man, after opening a quran for the first time, also open a book of sharia law to learn of a few requirements of non-muslim dhimmis...

NON·MUSLIM SUBJECTS OF THE
ISLAMIC STATE (AHL AL-DHIMMA)
THE NON-MUSLIM POLL TAX
The minimum non-Muslim poll tax is one
dinar (n: 4.235 grams of gold) per person (A: per
year). The maximum is whatever both sides agree
upon.

Such non-Muslim subjects are obliged to comply with Islamic rules
that pertain to the safety and indemnity of life, reputation, and property.
In addition, they:
(1) are penalized for committing adultery or theft, though not for drunkenness;
(2) are distinguished from Muslims in dress, wearing a wide cloth belt (zunnar);
(3) are not greeted with "as-Salamu 'alaykum" ;
(4) must keep to the side of the street;
(5) may not build higher than or as high as the Muslims' buildings, though if they
acquire a tall house, it is not razed;
(6) are forbidden to openly display wine or pork, (A: to ring church bells or
display crosses,) recite the Torah or Evangel aloud, or make public display
of their funerals and feast days;
(7) and are forbidden to build new churches.

They are forbidden to reside in the Hijaz, meaning the area and
towns around Mecca, Medina, and Yamama, for more than three days
(when the caliph allows them to enter there for something they need).

Obviously you haven't spent much time in your search.

While it's true the word Jerusalem is not used in the Quran.

The "Farthest Mosque" (Al-Masjid-ul-Aqs-a) which is located in Jerusalem is mentioned when talking about Prophet Muhammad's "Night Journey".

And thus, is considered the 3rd Holy site after Mecca and Madinah in Islam.

The same mosque that was built on the ruins of the Jewish temple.
Modern archaeologists have found Zero evidence that the so called "Wailing Wall" is the foundation of the Temple. Or that this was the site of the original Temple. :doubt:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcV_qBgDb1M]NOVA | The Bible's Buried Secrets | Recreating the Temple | PBS - YouTube[/ame]

And the Jews in the sea? Sorry to disappoint you, not gonna happen.
I never said anything about driving the Jews into the sea?

That is a Zionist talking point they use as a excuse to cover up their agression and crimes.

Jews will be more that welcome to live peacefully in the New Palestine.

As long as they renounce terrorism and pay the jizya tax for living in an Islamic state.

The Jews of Israel will never live under Shriah law! so you might as well give up that idea.

Sharia law is barbarism. After your prophet killed the Jews of Khaibar and Banu Quraiza, you still think you could make Jews embrace your Islamic laws?....Pfft how's THAT for the joke of the year!:lol:

This is our playground, Sunni:badgrin:. Israel is to the Jews. if you want, have your own Pasestine, and kill each other in THAT state.

The Jews will not fall down with you.:eusa_snooty:
I mentioned to my wife that someday we might be living under Shariah law and if we did we might as well get used to the idea. Then I said I would show her the video where the Imam talks about the proper way to beat one's wife. Needless to say,starting today I will be sleeping in the tool shed till further notice and taking my meals on the back porch. ALLAHU AKBAR!

loinboy, just for your information, I did a quick search for "Ameer Makhoul" from your "Israel arrest its own citizens " story.

My search revealed that your "human rights activist" Mr. M was accused and confessed to being a spy for the Hezbollah during a time of war.

I'm surprised your "objective" site did not mention this…
But now I can clearly see the discrimination, how does Israel dare to arrest a spy ?
You didn't notice one of the new laws was that people can be convicted without evidence? Although I'm not surprised. None of you take responsibility for your actions. And whenever someone comes up with proof of an Israeli atrocity, your outrage is not directed at those responsible for the crime, it's directed at the whisleblower who went public with the information. Which usually means, discrediting the source, instead of dealing with the evidence. And if that doesn't work, you move the goal posts, as you've done here.

What I posted, was in response to your claim that Israeli citizens were not being treated this way. Well, Mr. M is an Israeli citizen and was arrested because of his human rights advocacy for the Palestinian's. I also posted another link from an Israeli girl, who makes mention of a video that goes out and proves racism in the streets.

But we really don't need any of that. All we have to do, is look at your posts and the posts of all these Israeli ass-kissers and find one, just one post, where you've demonstrated any kind of empathy, fairness, sympathy, or in defense of, Palestinian's or muslims. Show me one post on any subject where you took their side. Or just agreed with what they said. I'll make it even easier than that. Show me where you disagreed, but with the caveat, "I understand your point". Show me just one post!

It's pretty obvious reading all these posts from you guys, you view Palestinian's as lessor humans than you.

Tashbih Sayyed, Muslim Pakistani scholar, journalist, and author and former Editor in Chief of Our Times, Pakistan Today, and The Muslim World Today

A Muslim In A Jewish Land
I tried very hard to find any Muslim state that has true democracy and where religious minorities are accorded equal democratic rights, but failed. The map of the Muslim world is too crowded with kings, despots, dictators, sham democrats and theocratic autocrats and the persecution of minorities is an essential part of Islamist social behavior.

Here, protected by Israel's democratic principles, the Muslim Arab citizens of Israel are afforded all the rights and privileges of Israeli citizenship. When the first elections to the Knesset were held in February 1949, Israeli Arabs were given the right to vote and to be elected along with Israeli Jews. Today, Israel's Arab citizens are accorded full civil and political rights entitled to complete participation in Israeli society. They are active in Israeli social, political and civic life and enjoy representation in Israel's Parliament, Foreign Service and judicial system.

Large Arab residences, wide spread construction activity and big cars underlined the prosperity and affluence of Palestinians living under the Star of David. The big houses owned by Arab Israelis and the amount of construction that was going on in the Arab towns exposed the falsity of propaganda that Israel discriminates against Israeli Arabs from buying lands. The Arab Waqf owns land that is for the express use and benefit of Muslim Arabs. Government land can be leased by anyone, regardless of race, religion or sex. All Arab citizens of Israel are eligible to lease government land.

On my way from the city of David to the Royal Prima hotel in Jerusalem, I asked my Palestinian taxi driver how he feels about moving to the territories under Palestinian Authority. He said that he could never think of living outside Israel. His answer blasted the myth spread by anti-Semites that Israel's Arab citizens are not happy there. Another Israeli Arab informed me that Arabs in Israel have equal voting rights. In fact, Israel is one of the few countries in the Middle East where Arab women can vote. In contrast to the non-Israeli Arab world, Arab women in Israel enjoy the same status as men. Muslim women have the right to vote and to be elected to public office. Muslim women, in fact are more liberated in Israel than in any Muslim country. Israeli law prohibits polygamy, child marriage, and the barbarity of female sexual mutilation. Moreover, I found out that there are no incidences of honor killings in Israel. The status of Muslim women in Israel is far above that of any country in the region. Israeli health standards are by far the highest in the Middle East and Israeli health institutions are freely open to all Arabs, on the same basis as they are to Jews.

Israel's Arabic press is the most vibrant and independent of any country in the region. There are more than 20 Arabic periodicals. Today, there are hundreds of Arab schools. Israeli universities are renowned centers of learning in the history and literature of the Arab Middle East.
Aware of the constraints that a non-Wahhabi is faced with while performing religious rituals in Saudi Arabia, Kiran (my wife) could not hide her surprise at the freedoms and ease with which peoples of all religions and faiths were carrying out their religious obligations at the Church of the holy Sepulcher, Garden Tomb, Sea of Galilee, newly discovered Western Wall Tunnels, Western Wall, tomb of King David and all the other holy places we visited.

My first visit to Israel has not only consolidated my belief that Israel is vital for the stability of the region but has also convinced me that the existence of Israel will one day convince the Muslims of the necessity of reformation in their theology as well as sociology. Looking at the development and transformation that the land has gone through because of the Jewish innovative spirit, hard labor and commitment to freedoms for all times to come, I am convinced that it is true that God created this earth but it is also a fact that only an Israel can keep this earth from dying.
Muslim World Today: Front Page 1222005

it's more then pissing me off that you compare Israel to the Nazis.
The comparison is valid.

You blame muslims for all your problems, like the nazis did with the jews.
You want to create a pure Jewish State, just like the nazis wanted their Aryian nation.
You annex land that isn't yours.
You practice collective punishment on an entire population of people.
You treat Palestinian's like garbage.
You've got all these checkpoints making life a living hell for them.
You even got your own Berlin Wall.
You're trying to ethnically cleanse the area of non-jews.
You started wars with 6 of your neighbors.
You're outlawing dissent.
And you even have your own gestapo (Mossad).
And just like the nazis, you have this un-deserved notion that you are the master race.

I got to go to work!

The UN ranks Israel among the 17 best countries to live in (out of 170 countries) in the world and with the highest qualities of life and human development, emphasizing political and cultural freedom and equality in education, healthcare, life expectancy and income, ahead of the United Kingdom, Spain, Greece, Italy, Finland, Belgium, Denmark, Luxembourg and Austria

Indices & Data | Human Development Reports (HDR) | United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Human Development is a development paradigm that is about much more than the rise or fall of national incomes. It is about creating an environment in which people can develop their full potential and lead productive, creative lives in accord with their needs and interests. People are the real wealth of nations. Development is thus about expanding the choices people have to lead lives that they value. And it is thus about much more than economic growth, which is only a means —if a very important one —of enlarging people’s choices.

Fundamental to enlarging these choices is building human capabilities —the range of things that people can do or be in life. The most basic capabilities for human development are to lead long and healthy lives, to be knowledgeable, to have access to the resources needed for a decent standard of living and to be able to participate in the life of the community. Without these, many choices are simply not available, and many opportunities in life remain inaccessible.

loinboy, just for your information, I did a quick search for "Ameer Makhoul" from your "Israel arrest its own citizens " story.

My search revealed that your "human rights activist" Mr. M was accused and confessed to being a spy for the Hezbollah during a time of war.

But now I can clearly see the discrimination, how does Israel dare to arrest a spy ?
You didn't notice one of the new laws was that people can be convicted without evidence? Although I'm not surprised. None of you take responsibility for your actions. And whenever someone comes up with proof of an Israeli atrocity, your outrage is not directed at those responsible for the crime, it's directed at the whisleblower who went public with the information. Which usually means, discrediting the source, instead of dealing with the evidence. And if that doesn't work, you move the goal posts, as you've done here.

What I posted, was in response to your claim that Israeli citizens were not being treated this way. Well, Mr. M is an Israeli citizen and was arrested because of his human rights advocacy for the Palestinian's. I also posted another link from an Israeli girl, who makes mention of a video that goes out and proves racism in the streets.

But we really don't need any of that. All we have to do, is look at your posts and the posts of all these Israeli ass-kissers and find one, just one post, where you've demonstrated any kind of empathy, fairness, sympathy, or in defense of, Palestinian's or muslims. Show me one post on any subject where you took their side. Or just agreed with what they said. I'll make it even easier than that. Show me where you disagreed, but with the caveat, "I understand your point". Show me just one post!

It's pretty obvious reading all these posts from you guys, you view Palestinian's as lessor humans than you.
If there were things calling themselves "Palestinians", they would be lower than whale shit.

it's more then pissing me off that you compare Israel to the Nazis.
The comparison is valid.

You blame muslims for all your problems, like the nazis did with the jews.
You want to create a pure Jewish State, just like the nazis wanted their Aryian nation.
You annex land that isn't yours.
You practice collective punishment on an entire population of people.
You treat Palestinian's like garbage.
You've got all these checkpoints making life a living hell for them.
You even got your own Berlin Wall.
You're trying to ethnically cleanse the area of non-jews.
You started wars with 6 of your neighbors.
You're outlawing dissent.
And you even have your own gestapo (Mossad).
And just like the nazis, you have this un-deserved notion that you are the master race.

I got to go to work!
Makes me wanna cry tears big as hoss turds.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sunni Man
Obviously you haven't spent much time in your search.

While it's true the word Jerusalem is not used in the Quran.

The "Farthest Mosque" (Al-Masjid-ul-Aqs-a) which is located in Jerusalem is mentioned when talking about Prophet Muhammad's "Night Journey".

And thus, is considered the 3rd Holy site after Mecca and Madinah in Islam.

you know nothing of your own religion. How embarrassing. There was no mosque in Jerusalem during Muhammad's life. The al aqsa mosque was built several decades after his death

Islamic scholars are in agreement the Night Journey was a vision and did not actually occur. Muhammad flew to Jerusalem overnight on a winged mule with a peacock's tail and woman's head? The meccans laughed muhammad out of town on that fairy tale.

Eminent Islamic Scholar Dr. Bernard Lewis...
For some time now, it has come to be generally accepted by Muslims that Jerusalem is a holy city; indeed, most rank it third after Mecca and Medina. This was, however, by no means always accepted by Muslims, and in earlier times there was strong resistance among many [Muslim] theologians and jurists who regarded this notion as a Judaizing error--as one more among many attempts by Jewish converts [to Islam] to infiltrate Jewish ideas or practices into Islam. A story told by the great nonth-century historian Tabari, describing a visit by the caliph Umar to the newly conquered city of Jerusalem, illustrates the point:

"When Umar came...to Aelia [Jerusalem]...he said, "bring me Ka'b" Ka'b was brought to him and Umar asked him, "Where do you think we should put the place of prayer?"

"By the Rock," [in Jerusalem] answered Ka'b. "By God, Ka'b," said Umar, "you are following after Judaism. I saw you take off your sandals."

"I wanted to feel the touch of it with my bare feet," said Ka'b. "I saw you," said Umar. "but no...we were not commanded concerning the Rock [in Jerusalem], but we were commanded concoerning the Ka'ba [in Mecca]"

Ka'b al-Ahbar was a well-known Jewish convert to Islam and an important figure often cited in connection with what are seen as Judaizing insertions into true Islamic doctrine. The point of the story clearly is that the sanctity of Jerusalem is a Jewish, not a Muslim, belief, that Ka'b was a fault in maintaining it despite his conversion, and that only Mecca is the direction of prayer and the place of pilgrimage for Muslims
Amazon.com: Political Words and Ideas in Islam (9781558764248): Bernard Lewis: Books

Association For The Study Of The Middle East
For more than 60 years, Bernard Lewis, the doyen of Middle East historians, has interpreted the world of Islam to the West. Born and raised in London, he studied at the University of London's School of Oriental and African Studies, where he earned a Ph.D. in the History of Islam. After service during World War II, he taught at the University of London until 1974 and at Princeton University until 1986. He is currently Princeton's Cleveland E. Dodge Professor Emeritus of Near Eastern Studies.

Professor Lewis has drawn on primary sources in Middle Eastern and other languages to produce more than two dozen books, including The Arabs in History and the post-9/11 international best-sellers What Went Wrong? and Crisis in Islam. Professor Lewis has performed the invaluable service of placing current events in the context of history.

He was the first Western scholar permitted access to the archives of the Ottoman Empire in Istanbul. His work is distinguished by its attention to the lives of ordinary people, as well as kings and rulers. Professor Lewis was among the first to study issues of race, slavery, class and the status of women in Middle Eastern history. In addition to his historical studies, he has published translations of classical Arabic, Turkish, Persian and Hebrew poetry. With the events of recent years creating an unprecedented demand in the West for knowledge of the Islamic East, Professor Lewis has made an important and unique contribution.
Professor Bernard Lewis, Chairman

What I posted, was in response to your claim that Israeli citizens were not being treated this way. Well, Mr. M is an Israeli citizen and was arrested because of his human rights advocacy for the Palestinian's.
False.

I claimed there is no discrimination under the law for all Israeli citizens. I did not however say that all Israeli citizens are immune from obeying the law. Mr. M was a spy and that is why he was arrested, not because he was a "human rights advocate".(I believe that I have proved that in my previous post.) And any other Jewish Israeli citizen would also have been arrested if he was a spy. As you can see, there is no discrimination whatsoever.
So your comment is completely false.

I also posted another link from an Israeli girl, who makes mention of a video that goes out and proves racism in the streets.
As I told you before, hitting the streets with a camera in hand , does not prove official policy. The fact of the matter is racist people exist everywhere.
If you go to the USA, you can make the same exact video. does this prove that the USA is a racist or an apartheid country? Of course not and this is why the video you have posted is irrelevant.

All we have to do, is look at your posts and the posts of all these Israeli ass-kissers and find one, just one post, where you've demonstrated any kind of empathy, fairness, sympathy, or in defense of, Palestinian's or muslims.
Interesting, I never seen one ,just one post, where you've demonstrated any kind of empathy, fairness, sympathy, or in defense of,Israel.

Here is mine:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-rubber-room/210397-who-are-the-palestinians.html#post4879139

In my humble opinion those extremely long posts are not effective at all at delivering your message whatever it might be.
It would be much wiser to summarize your message and link the source, I really doubt that someone would actually read all this.

To the matter at hand,
while I object to many Palestinians absurd claims that they are the descendants of the biblical Philistines or other false statements in the formant "We were there first".

I still maintain the opinion that the answer to the question "Who the Palestinians are?" should be:" People, human beings like you and me who just want to get by."

The Hamas government is claiming that most of the Palestinians support them; I simply can't believe that this is true, because of the simple fact that Hamas wants war, and the Palestinians know full well what the cost of war is.​
No sane civilian wants war, and no sane civilian out of his free will would vote for a leader who wants to bring war.

I believe that most of the Palestinians want what every other human being wants, to live in freedom and security in a prosperous country.
The sooner the will of the Palestinian people to live in peace freedom and security would overcome Hamas's desire for war and the destruction of Israel, the sooner peace could happen.

In the 2 states solution, lasting peace could bring trade and enormous economical growth and better standards of life in both countries.​
Too bad Palestinian leaders don't really care about their people.​

If Israel treats its Arab citizens so poorly why don't they just leave? no one if forcing them to stay there. I think they know they have it better in Israel than any other country in the region.

Arab-American Dr. Wafa Sultan, Human Rights Activist, Among "Time Magazine's 100 Heroes and Pioneers Whose Power, Talent Or Moral Example Is Transforming Our World"

Wafa Sultan - The 2006 TIME 100 - TIME.

Israel - The One And The Only Free Democratic Country In The Entire Middle East.
I believe that any nation that grants equal opportunity to every citizen, regardless of race, religion, political affiliation, or gender, thereby, establishes its moral legitimacy. According to this principle, Israel stands alone in the Middle East region, as a nation with moral legitimacy: it grants all citizens equal rights for men and women alike, freedom of religion, and freedom of speech and of the press. Not a single Arab or Muslim country in the surrounding region does the same. Nor do any of those Arab and Muslim nations allow their citizens personal freedom, or the right to maintain and express opposing points of view.

These essential qualities of life provide oxygen for the human soul; they are the kind of basic nourishment that is desperately missing in all of Israel's Muslim neighbors. Yet, the so-called humanitarian aid organizations at the United Nations direct all their energy to act against anything and everything Israel does. Let me ask: as every human being deserves to live in dignity, why has an enormous unbalanced portion of global aid gone mostly to Palestinians, while millions of underprivileged people all over the world suffer genuine, life-threatening deprivation? Here is why: The United Nations time and again focuses its power on the perpetual manufacturing of false anti-Israel accusations. Painting Palestinians as perennial underdogs provides the perfect cover for their subversive effort. Without doubt, this trend encourages hatred and violence against the Jewish people in Israel and everywhere else. And that is exactly its point.

A Palestinian women's organization reported that Muslim men perpetrate some 40 honor killings annually in the West Bank alone, not including the vast majority of honor killing and abuse of women that go unreported -- as Islamic society maintains secrecy in upholding the popular belief that those "cursed with a sin, [should] hide it."

According to recent face-to-face surveys by prominent international pollsters, more Palestinians in East Jerusalem would prefer to be citizens of Israel than citizens of a new Palestinian state -- and 40% would probably or definitely move to avoid Palestinian rule.

Those who love liberty and life will strengthen their ties and warm relations with Israel, and stand with her. Israel will continue to shine its light among all nations.

The United Nations and Human Rights Abuse | EuropeNews

Arab-American Journalist Joseph Farah: Why Arabs Love Israel

Far from being mistreated, the Arab population in Israel and in the territories administered by Israel has been freer than the population in any Arab state. Arabs in Israel vote. They elect leaders to the Knesset. They have their own political parties. They have their own newspapers. They have full rights to citizenship. They are free to speak their minds. As an Arab-American journalist who has spent a good deal of time covering the region, I can tell you there is more freedom for Arabs in Israel than in any Arab state.

Land cannot possibly be the contentious issue as the Arab and Muslim states in the region already have 800 times as much territory as Israel. The Arabs have 50 times the population of Israel. The Arabs have all of the oil reserves of the region. They have 21 states of their own – all varying shades of police states. It's difficult to imagine how one more will bring peace to a region that has known some of the most devastating and costly wars of the last century.

If conditions for Arabs are so bad in Israel, why is the Arab population exploding -- and I don't mean because of suicide bombers? Why do Arabs continue to flock to the tiny Jewish state from virtually every Arab and Muslim land in the world? In 1949, the Arab population of Israel was about 160,000. Today, it is over 1.2 million. This is hardly attributable to higher birth rates. Most of the growth in Arab population is due to migration. In other words, Arabs are picking up stakes in Arab lands and choosing to live in Israel.
This trend, of course, doesn't include Arab Jewish migration to Israel. No one talks about the staggering number of Arab Jewish refugees – as many as 1 million – who fled the Muslim world with little more than the clothes on their backs to reach the safety and security of the Jewish state in the last 50 years. We're led to believe Arabs hate Israel – and, indeed, it's true there is an irrational, inexplicable form of virulent anti-Semitism growing in the Arab and Muslim world. But when they vote with their feet, Arabs seem to love Israel. They continue to choose it as a place to live over life in their native countries as they have for the last half-century.

Why Arabs love Israel

The same mosque that was built on the ruins of the Jewish temple.
Modern archaeologists have found Zero evidence that the so called "Wailing Wall" is the foundation of the Temple. Or that this was the site of the original Temple. :doubt:

There you go again, talking and talking and talking without providing even one shred of evidence. This makes your words hollow is your argument.
When the Muslims conquered Jerusalem the area now claimed to be the Temple Mount was used as a garbage dump by the Jews for their trash.

There are various accounts of Suleiman's efforts to locate the Temple's ruins. Rabbi Eliezer Nachman Puah, (ca. 1540), relates:

”I have been told that in the day of Sultan Suleiman the site of the Temple was not known and the Sultan had every corner of Jerusalem searched for it. One day the man in charge of the work, despairing after much searching and inquiring in vain, saw a woman coming with a basket of rubbish and filth upon her head. He asked her: “What are you carrying on your head?” – And she replied: “Rubbish.”
“And to where are you carrying it?”
“To such and such a place.”
“Where do you live?”
“In Bethlehem.”
“Is there no dunghill between Bethlehem and this place?”
“It is a tradition among us that whoever takes a little rubbish to that place performs a meritorious act.”
The curiosity of the officer was aroused and he commanded a great number of men to remove the rubbish from that place...and the holy site was revealed. When the Sultan learned of this, he rejoiced greatly and ordered the place to be swept and sprinkled and the Western Wall washed with rosewater..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Wall

There you go again, talking and talking and talking without providing even one shred of evidence. This makes your words hollow is your argument.
When the Muslims conquered Jerusalem the area now claimed to be the Temple Mount was used as a garbage dump by the Jews for their trash.

There are various accounts of Suleiman's efforts to locate the Temple's ruins. Rabbi Eliezer Nachman Puah, (ca. 1540), relates:

”I have been told that in the day of Sultan Suleiman the site of the Temple was not known and the Sultan had every corner of Jerusalem searched for it. One day the man in charge of the work, despairing after much searching and inquiring in vain, saw a woman coming with a basket of rubbish and filth upon her head. He asked her: “What are you carrying on your head?” – And she replied: “Rubbish.”
“Where do you live?”
“In Bethlehem.”
“It is a tradition among us that whoever takes a little rubbish to that place performs a meritorious act.”
The curiosity of the officer was aroused and he commanded a great number of men to remove the rubbish from that place...and the holy site was revealed. When the Sultan learned of this, he rejoiced greatly and ordered the place to be swept and sprinkled and the Western Wall washed with rosewater..

Western Wall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sunni Man, explain to us how muhammad could have visited the al aqsa mosque in Jerusalem when muhammad died almost 100 years before the al aqsa mosque was built?

Explain how the al aqsa mosque could be referenced in the quran when the al aqsa mosque was built 100 years after the quran was completed by muhammad?

I'm sure your solution to this impossibility would be fascinating!

In fact, muhammad never set foot in Jerusalem nor does Jerusalem have significance in islime.

Eminent Islamic Scholar Dr. Bernard Lewis...
For some time now, it has come to be generally accepted by Muslims that Jerusalem is a holy city; indeed, most rank it third after Mecca and Medina. This was, however, by no means always accepted by Muslims, and in earlier times there was strong resistance among many [Muslim] theologians and jurists who regarded this notion as a Judaizing error--as one more among many attempts by Jewish converts [to Islam] to infiltrate Jewish ideas or practices into Islam. A story told by the great nonth-century historian Tabari, describing a visit by the caliph Umar to the newly conquered city of Jerusalem, illustrates the point:

"When Umar came...to Aelia [Jerusalem]...he said, "bring me Ka'b" Ka'b was brought to him and Umar asked him, "Where do you think we should put the place of prayer?"

"By the Rock," [in Jerusalem] answered Ka'b. "By God, Ka'b," said Umar, "you are following after Judaism. I saw you take off your sandals."

"I wanted to feel the touch of it with my bare feet," said Ka'b. "I saw you," said Umar. "but no...we were not commanded concerning the Rock [in Jerusalem], but we were commanded concoerning the Ka'ba [in Mecca]"

Ka'b al-Ahbar was a well-known Jewish convert to Islam and an important figure often cited in connection with what are seen as Judaizing insertions into true Islamic doctrine. The point of the story clearly is that the sanctity of Jerusalem is a Jewish, not a Muslim, belief, that Ka'b was a fault in maintaining it despite his conversion, and that only Mecca is the direction of prayer and the place of pilgrimage for Muslims.
http://www.oup.com/us/catalog/general/subject/HistoryWorld/MiddleEastern/?view=usa&ci=9780192803108

For more than 60 years, Bernard Lewis, the doyen of Middle East historians, has interpreted the world of Islam to the West. Born and raised in London, he studied at the University of London's School of Oriental and African Studies, where he earned a Ph.D. in the History of Islam. After service during World War II, he taught at the University of London until 1974 and at Princeton University until 1986. He is currently Princeton's Cleveland E. Dodge Professor Emeritus of Near Eastern Studies.

Professor Lewis has drawn on primary sources in Middle Eastern and other languages to produce more than two dozen books, including The Arabs in History and the post-9/11 international best-sellers What Went Wrong? and Crisis in Islam. Professor Lewis has performed the invaluable service of placing current events in the context of history.

He was the first Western scholar permitted access to the archives of the Ottoman Empire in Istanbul. His work is distinguished by its attention to the lives of ordinary people, as well as kings and rulers. Professor Lewis was among the first to study issues of race, slavery, class and the status of women in Middle Eastern history. In addition to his historical studies, he has published translations of classical Arabic, Turkish, Persian and Hebrew poetry. With the events of recent years creating an unprecedented demand in the West for knowledge of the Islamic East, Professor Lewis has made an important and unique contribution.

http://www.asmeascholars.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4&Itemid=6

Last edited:

“Where do you live?”
“In Bethlehem.”

Sunni Man, Wikipedia is your source for history? :badgrin: :clap2:

Eminent Islamic Scholar Dr. Bernard Lewis, Author of "Islam: The Religion And The People", "Islam and The West", "The Emergence Of Modern Turkey" "The Arabs In History" "The Muslim Discovery Of Europe" "Islam In History: Ideas, People, and Events in the Middle East" "The Political Language of Islam" "Islam: From The Prophet Muhammad to the Capture of Constantinople" The Islamic World: From Classical to Modern Times" "The World Of Islam: Faith, People, Culture" "Political Words And Ideas In Islam"
Jerusalem is never mentioned in the Qur'an. Even the name 'Jerusalem' does not figure in early Muslim writings. When the city is mentioned at all -- as for example on [caliph] 'Abd al-Malik's milestones -- is called Aelia, the name imposed by the Romans to desacralize the city and to obliterate its Jewish and also Christian associations... Jerusalem came to be known for a while as Bayt al-Maqdis, clearly related to the Hebrew Bayt ha-Maqdash, the biblical name of the Temple. In time both this name and Aelia were replaced by al-Quds, 'the [city of] holiness'...

A Qur'anic verse (17:1) tells how God took the Prophet on a journey by night from the sacred mosque (in Mecca) to the farthest mosque (in Arabic, al-Masjid al-Aqsa). One early exegetical tradition places 'the farthest mosque' in heaven; another places it in Jerusalem. The latter of these interpretations came to be universally accepted by Muslims.

Last edited:

“Where do you live?”
“In Bethlehem.”

Sunni Man, Wikipedia is your source for history? :badgrin: :clap2:

Eminent Islamic Scholar Dr. Bernard Lewis, Author of "Islam: The Religion And The People", "Islam and The West", "The Emergence Of Modern Turkey" "The Arabs In History" "The Muslim Discovery Of Europe" "Islam In History: Ideas, People, and Events in the Middle East" "The Political Language of Islam" "Islam: From The Prophet Muhammad to the Capture of Constantinople" The Islamic World: From Classical to Modern Times" "The World Of Islam: Faith, People, Culture" "Political Words And Ideas In Islam"
Jerusalem is never mentioned in the Qur'an. Even the name 'Jerusalem' does not figure in early Muslim writings. When the city is mentioned at all -- as for example on [caliph] 'Abd al-Malik's milestones -- is called Aelia, the name imposed by the Romans to desacralize the city and to obliterate its Jewish and also Christian associations... Jerusalem came to be known for a while as Bayt al-Maqdis, clearly related to the Hebrew Bayt ha-Maqdash, the biblical name of the Temple. In time both this name and Aelia were replaced by al-Quds, 'the [city of] holiness'...

A Qur'anic verse (17:1) tells how God took the Prophet on a journey by night from the sacred mosque (in Mecca) to the farthest mosque (in Arabic, al-Masjid al-Aqsa). One early exegetical tradition places 'the farthest mosque' in heaven; another places it in Jerusalem. The latter of these interpretations came to be universally accepted by Muslims.

Sunni Man seems to be a wellspring of mis-information that is gospel to him. PBUH

If Israel treats its Arab citizens so poorly why don't they just leave? no one if forcing them to stay there. I think they know they have it better in Israel than any other country in the region.

So by the same argument, the US should have no black people. :D

Just treat any minorities badly and expect them to leave?

Grav, I would have expected a little more from you.. Ok, maybe not :D

So by the same argument, the US should have no black people. :D

Just treat any minorities badly and expect them to leave?

Grav, I would have expected a little more from you.. Ok, maybe not :D

Huh?:confused: what in gods name are you talking about?

Forum List

Back