Israeli Spy Images Show Syria-North Korea Nuclear Link

because, of course, it's only partisan if you support Israel, not if you trash it.

Are you able to make these arguments with a straight face? Seriously. Inquiring minds want to know.

Try making an argument to counter what I actually said, not what you want me to have said.

My claims are very pointed and clear. No where did I ever claim that "its only partisan if one supports Israel."

Again, I did not, have not nor will I ever make that claim.

You are dreaming up text I never authored.

You do not have to like me or what I say, but I do ask that you quote me properly.

I do not have time to waste on posters who choose fantasies over reality.

Hey Shep,

There are things that are known, and there are things that one must necessarily speculate on. That's just life buddy. Deal.

How do you know those pictures are even inside Syria?

You don't. You are taking a leap of faith, nothing more.

What you're doing is parroting the latest press release from an U.S executive administration carrying a giant sized creditability problem.
That nuke facility photo in the post above is a lie. It is really just a shot of a propaganda factory in Omaha. This is clear because there are no nuclear reactor manufacturing experts in Canada, Germany, France, America, Russia, India, China, Pakistan, Japan, or Brazil, who would identify substituted nuke facilities in a bogus Mossad photograph. Obviously any sane person knows that Syria would never lie about constructing a secret nuclear reactor. Above is not a photo of the Directors of the Syrian and North Korean nuclear programs. It is actually a shot of Goh Fung Yu, owner of Fung Yu Noodles, Omaha, NE., and employee-of-the-month, journeyman noodler, Aram Assyrian.

I dont' know, Shepherd; I'm pretty crazy but the wholesale fabrication of evidence that you suggest as a possibility here is hard for me to believe.

What exactly do you imagine Isreal bombed? An "an unused military facility under construction," a "deserted military building," as claimed by the Syrians in the article? Let us for a moment imagine that is the case. Wouldn't the Syrians themselves angrily show evidence from the aftermath that the facility wasn't a reactor-in-progress, rather than quickly demolishing the remains (of a building, might I add, that they built in a secluded valley so it couldn't be seen from the surrounding land, and even built an earthen wall by it to hide it from the rest of the valley)? Why would Isreal bomb such a building in the first place without any evidence that it could be a threat to them?

That aside, Isreal isn't the only nation with spies and spy satellites. Seems kind of silly for Mossad or the CIA to fabricate photos (such as those of the building under construction) that other nations might independently know were inaccurate.

I mean sure, there's no way for any of us bumpkins posting here to know for sure whether that facility was to be reactor or not (heck, strictly speaking it's a leap of faith for some us to believe that this "Syria" place even exists, since we have never and will never see it in person), but to suspect that Mossad is wholesale lying and that the CIA is going along with it, based, as far as I can see, on nothing more than their association with an administration that you find shifty, seems pretty unreasonable.

I do enjoy hearing alternative theories, but I don't think you have much to work with here. The "official story" makes sense and there don't seem to be good sneaky motivations for them to lie about it; in fact, as the arcticle points out, accusing North Korea of proliferating to Syria is not helpful to our diplomatic efforts towards NK.

Why didn't Israel and Washington take their evidence to the IAEA as is the proper protocol within international law?

That's a little better. If you don't like what Isreal did, which it seems you don't, I suggest that you stick to objections like these that can have some weight behind them, rather than simply wondering aloud why we would trust our own intelligence organizations.

Try making an argument to counter what I actually said, not what you want me to have said.

My claims are very pointed and clear. No where did I ever claim that "its only partisan if one supports Israel."

Again, I did not, have not nor will I ever make that claim.

You are dreaming up text I never authored.

You do not have to like me or what I say, but I do ask that you quote me properly.

I do not have time to waste on posters who choose fantasies over reality.

Quote you properly? How about saying something that's substantiated by something...anything?

As for not having time to waste...have you noticed that you've said that or something similar to everyone who disagrees with you?

If you can't keep up, just say so...

More on the Syrian noodle factory bombed by the Israelis:

Syrian reactor capacity was 1-2 weapons/year -CIA

complete Reuters article: http://uk.reuters.com/article/oilRpt/idUKN2820597020080429

By Randall Mikkelsen

WASHINGTON, April 28 (Reuters) - A suspected Syrian reactor bombed by Israel had the capacity to produce enough nuclear material to fuel one to two weapons a year, CIA Director Michael Hayden said on Monday.

Hayden said the plutonium reactor was within weeks or months of completion when it was destroyed in an air strike last Sept. 6, and within a year of entering operation it could have produced enough material for at least one weapon.

"In the course of a year after they got full up, they would have produced enough plutonium for one or two weapons," Hayden told reporters after a speech.

The reactor was of a "similar size and technology" to North Korea's Yongbyon reactor, Hayden said, disputing speculation it was smaller than the Korean facility.

"We would estimate that the production rate there would be about the same as Yongbyon, which is about enough plutonium for one or two weapons per year," he said.

Hayden's comments were the first statement on the suspected reactor's capacity, and his first public remarks since the United States released photos of what it said was a secret nuclear reactor built with North Korean aid.

Forum List

Back