Israeli soldier talks of orders as murder

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by Truthmatters, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Israel soldier calls order during Gaza assault 'murder'

AVIV: Toward the end of the operation, there was a plan to go into a very densely populated area inside Gaza City. In the briefings, they started to talk about orders for opening fire inside the city, because as you know they used a huge amount of firepower and killed a huge number of people along the way, so that we wouldn't get hurt and [Hamas militants] wouldn't fire on us.

At first the specified action was to go into a house . . . with an armored personnel carrier . . . and start shooting inside. . . . I call this murder. . . . We were supposed to go up floor by floor, and any person we identified, we were supposed to shoot. I initially asked myself, "Where is the logic?"

They said it was permissible because anyone who remained in the sector was in effect condemned, a terrorist, because they hadn't fled. I didn't really understand. . . . They don't have anywhere to flee to. . . . This scared me a bit.

I tried to exert some influence, insofar as is possible [in] my subordinate position, to change this. In the end the specification involved going into a house, operating megaphones and telling [the occupants], "Come on, everyone get out. You have five minutes. Leave the house. Anyone who doesn't get out gets killed."

I went to our soldiers and said, "The order has changed. We go into the house, they have five minutes to escape, we check each person who goes out . . . to see that he has no weapons, and then we start going into the house floor by floor to clean it out. . . . This means going into the house, opening fire at everything that moves, throwing a grenade, all those things."

One of my soldiers came to me and asked, "Why?" I said, "What isn't clear? We don't want to kill innocent civilians." He goes, "Yeah? Anyone who's in there is a terrorist, that's a known fact." I said, "Do you think the people there will run away? No one will run away." He says, "That's clear," and then his buddies join in, "We need to murder any person who's in there. Yeah, any person who's in Gaza is a terrorist," and all the other things that they stuff our heads with, in the media.

And then I try to explain to the guy that not everyone in there is a terrorist, and that after he kills, say, three children and four mothers, we'll go upstairs and kill another 20 or so people. . . . I tried to explain why we had to let them leave. . . . It didn't really help. This is really frustrating, to see that they understand that inside Gaza you are allowed to do anything you want, to break down doors for no other reason than it's cool.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  2. PubliusInfinitum

PubliusInfinitum BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    ROFLMNAO...

Well Yukon said the same thing and it turns out that she was just as full of shit as this 'Israeli Soldier'...

Now notice how she's implying the underlying concept of an 'Israeli Soldier' to force the inference that even the hardened heart of an Israeli Solider considers invading Gaza as MURDER!

Of course when ya read the supporting article, it turns out that it's the same addle-minded leftist drivel that Yukon was trotting out in the "MURDER IS MURDER" thread.

Classic!

3. mash107

mash107 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +82
    Just goes to show ya that governments everywhere are the enemy of liberty and human rights, not the supporter of them. We need to lose the ridiculous idea that government can help you in anyway whatsoever.

4. driveby

driveby Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,325
    Launching rockets into towns and walking into cafe's with C-4 strapped to your chest is not murder, that's freedom fighting ! :rolleyes:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Kalam

Kalam Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +773
    Rationalize away, mind-slaves.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGITh9HPJ7g]YouTube - Israeli soldiers say killing of civilians 'allowed' - 19 March 09[/ame]

6. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    kinda like killing arab toddlers and sniping scared mothers and their kids is "DEFENSE", eh?

7. PubliusInfinitum

PubliusInfinitum BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    Well when Arab terrorists hide behind Toddlers, they risk the lives of those toddlers... and when woman, many of whom are Mother's, laydown with Arab terrorists, or otherwise adhere to and reside with or in the proximity OF Arab Terrorists, the assertion that they're 'innocent' is absurd beyond measure.

Responsibility for the deaths of Arab children falls DIRECTLY and unavoidably TO THE ARAB PARENTS WHO EITHER LIVE WITH OR AROUND ARAB TERRORISTS...

While I feel sorry for these kids and I'd prefer that their parents had some understand of inalienable human rights and their responsibility inherent in their rights, thus recognize that where they adhere to Arab Terrorism they forfeit their rights and endager the safety and security of their children. But I don't get to make decisions for Arab terrorists... and Arab terrorists are going to be held accountable for their ridiculous usurpation of the rights of innocent people and their children are going to suffer greatly as a result.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  8. Epsilon Delta

Epsilon Delta Jedi Master

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +364
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/20/world/middleeast/20gaza.html?scp=2&sq=gaza accounts&st=cse

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/20/world/middleeast/21gaza.html?scp=3&sq=gaza accounts&st=cse

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/22/weekinreview/22BRONNER.html?scp=4&sq=gaza accounts&st=cse

9. PubliusInfinitum

PubliusInfinitum BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
  10. Kalam

Kalam Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +773
    You'd think the bright green headbands and balaclavas would give it away... not to mention the camouflage and the Kalashnikovs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The average IDF fuckwit apparently doesn't see any difference between Hamas and 3-year-olds.

[​IMG]

"Freeze, terrorist!"