Israeli soldier critically injured in bomb explosion on the Gaza border

when I said MORE MUSLIM HONOR KILLINGS-----I actually did mean "per capita" ---in THE WORLD We even have muslim honor killings in the USA-------so far I have not heard of any hindus going down that way

The Hindu custom of leaving the widow with the family of the dead husband------is also breaking down----in my limited series-----of circle of hindu friends with family back there. It is that widow ---completely losing status -----but having to be supported by her husband's family that makes the life of a hindu woman OFTEN MISERABLE Interestingly enough---I have known muslim families who engaged in the SAME thing-----because somehow the husband's family demands the right to KEEP THE KIDS -----so either she stays or loses her kids----even though islamic law actually does not really DEPRIVE a widow of her kids<<< must be the hindu influence ?????
I have 4 widowed sisters in law; all widowed young and none remarried but only 2 fully celibate afterwards but very secretly!

you are right; it is an inheritance and property thing as well as religion; especially land

you are also right that ordinary muslims and christians are very heavily influenced by hindu customs; they all have castes for example but there are good things about that.

most muslim women wear saris and have their tummies bare; few wear hijabs, etc

but sari wearing is also dying out in the cities; the young all wear the unisex salwa khaeez which I also wore there. very comfortable.

did you read my post on hindu extremists in mumbai etc. on another thread?

it is better for now but has been horrific ............and could be again

nice to be communicating not fighting....

shalom salaam

Obviously Israel has planned a invasion for a while now. Especially near the elections. We're not that fucking stupid it wasn't over a wounded soldier.
Ah! So, Haniya is a an israeli agent, providing all the excuses. Hilarious!

Exactly Just as was Nasser in 1967---who POLITELY declared his intention of annhilating Israel-----and then POLITELY put an embargo on the Straits of Tiran and Politely lined up his Russian supplied tanks on the border to gether with the Russian military advisors---------all for the purpose of handing the Sinai and EVEN the west bank (politely telling his pal king hussein to attack) the West Bank.

be patient soon Nus-kharah-allah----and Assad will POLITELY hand Damascus to Israel -----they, too are MOSSAD AGENTS

I have never seen a muslim woman in a Sari-----in fact muslim males I have known ----well----not recently-----mocked those Saris and when I admired them------they seemed annoyed. Bare midriff? gee ----not in my town-----a bare midriff is a HINDU girl gee----well maybe in MUMBAI-----BOLLYWOOD

when I said MORE MUSLIM HONOR KILLINGS-----I actually did mean "per capita" ---in THE WORLD We even have muslim honor killings in the USA-------so far I have not heard of any hindus going down that way
you are probably right for the west

we have had sikh honour killings in UK but most are muslim

hindus here rarely because our million hindus are mostly educated and not from villages

not sure about the whole world if you include congo etc

in india i really do doubt it's worse; the village hindus are so so pathological in this regard especially in the north west; thousands a year...no one even knows

but the young are fighting it and get good media coverage from their richer sisters

it will take a new generation to really change

my wife was sure her 4 brothers would kill me! In the end it was her mum and elder sister that denounced her but not for long!

she was first married at 15 to an uncle as is the custom in her hindu culture which is even worse than the pakistanis who marry their 1st cousins because they are a generation older

india has 35 million widows...so so many indian men die young including all my brothers in law

alcohol is a huge problem in india; it makes the men instantly violent so muslim wives suffer less from drunken violence but they are just as badly treated in other ways....

what a wonderful world.............

Seems consistent with that which I have observed in hindus and muslims from south east asia ------over here----hindus just do not do honor killings-------but some muslims from south east asia ----DO As to treatment of wives----over here----just about all the Hindus I have known were highly educated and none would put a hand on his wife------but-----muslims do not seem to believe that the idea of doing so is so ------bad
----virtually "normal"

Interestingly enough-----I have never known a SIKH woman----who was not absolutely SELF ASSERTIVE------and was very surprised to hear about "honor killings" among Sikhs------some of the Sikh men I know-----seemed intimidated by their POWERFUL wives and her brothers

IRosie said:

"I mentioned---I have lots of hindu friends over the years----in the USA
Based on my observations about hindu mothers and hindu sons------they are CLONES
of jewish mothers and jewish sons. Both jewish mothers and hindu mother
work GUILT into their sons----"IF YOU ARE NOT PERFECT---MOTHER WILL DROP DEAD"

It's a bit different in india for the reason that few sons, even richer ones, EVER leave their mums. they live with their parents till death

unlike USA its a matter of survival or not in old age to have sons to support you; no old age pensions, welfare, old folx homes etc.

So difficult to blame the sari sweeties for favouring sons; they are often heavily punished even abandoned or even killed for having only girls........its life or destitution later on

its life in the raw for the slumbitch non millionaires

also USA is a ME culture;

india asia and the arab world are WE cultures

...a huge difference; no sense of individual rights...or privacy

family and tribe rule

so hindus in USA are different to india

I don't think anyone can compete with jewish mums for guilt as such but blackmail drama is a speciality in india!!!!

Baruch Hashem, the Israeli soldier is awake and talking. No risk to his life.

On this friday, southerner Israelis are to go to the hospotal and visit him. Dozens already asked to join the group visiting.

Refu'ah shleima to Ziv Shilon.

Obviously Israel has planned a invasion for a while now. Especially near the elections. We're not that fucking stupid it wasn't over a wounded soldier.
Ah! So, Haniya is a an israeli agent, providing all the excuses. Hilarious!

Exactly Just as was Nasser in 1967---who POLITELY declared his intention of annhilating Israel-----and then POLITELY put an embargo on the Straits of Tiran and Politely lined up his Russian supplied tanks on the border to gether with the Russian military advisors---------all for the purpose of handing the Sinai and EVEN the west bank (politely telling his pal king hussein to attack) the West Bank.

be patient soon Nus-kharah-allah----and Assad will POLITELY hand Damascus to Israel -----they, too are MOSSAD AGENTS
IRosie I think its doubtful that Nasser seriously wanted real war in 67; he knew after 1956 he would lose heavily

I think he was just playing to the arab street gallery with rhetoric and posturing; a speciality of chauvinist porcines world wide

It's a big miss take to confuse rhetoric with reality especially arab rhetoric which is always idiotic and rarely a guide to reality............

p.s. do you have any muslim friends or at least non porcine ravagers

iranians for example; some non khomaniac iranians are delightful; gentle and very poetic like omar khayaam

Seems consistent with that which I have observed in hindus and muslims from south east asia ------over here----hindus just do not do honor killings-------but some muslims from south east asia ----DO As to treatment of wives----over here----just about all the Hindus I have known were highly educated and none would put a hand on his wife------but-----muslims do not seem to believe that the idea of doing so is so ------bad
----virtually "normal"

Interestingly enough-----I have never known a SIKH woman----who was not absolutely SELF ASSERTIVE------and was very surprised to hear about "honor killings" among Sikhs------some of the Sikh men I know-----seemed intimidated by their POWERFUL wives and her brothers
here we say south asia for indians or even just asians

south east asia in uk means indo china...vietnam etc

yes to the rest of what you say

tho as I said in India itself hindu and poorer christian wife beating is probably worse than muslim

because like the native americans, north south and central americans the indian men can't take alcohol without getting instantly violent....except sikhs who aint meant to drink but drink the most; they can take it!

my wife had it full on for 8 years and so did 3 of her sisters in law. so their children think its normal tho the non violent gandhi appears on every banknote!!

Kvetch I know lots of Iranians-------you are not fooling me----give up

Nasser did not start up just for show------and neither has IRAN-

you make me laugh----I know Iranians SO WELL----that I know no Iranian government would spend the MILLIONS or more like BILLIONS to train and arm a militia------place it in South Lebanon---and BUILD STEEL WALLED fortresses into the mountains and SUPPORT A BUFFER POPULATION OF LEBANSE MOTHERS AND BABIES south of the Litani river-------just for show. No Iranian spends a dime without GETTING HIS MONEY's WORTH

Iran is very much motivated to ANNHILATE ISRAEL I am not suggesting that the average Iranian wants to annhilate Israel------but the average pakistani and Indian and Indonesia etc etc MUSLIM WOULD BE SO INSPIRED that he would be willling to CALL IRAN THE HEAD OF THE CALIPHATE-------

you make me laugh----I know Iranians SO WELL----that I know no Iranian government would spend the MILLIONS or more like BILLIONS to train and arm a militia------place it in South Lebanon---and BUILD STEEL WALLED fortresses into the mountains and SUPPORT A BUFFER POPULATION OF LEBANSE MOTHERS AND BABIES south of the Litani river-------just for show. No Iranian spends a dime without GETTING HIS MONEY's WORTH

Iran is very much motivated to ANNHILATE ISRAEL I am not suggesting that the average Iranian wants to annhilate Israel------but the average pakistani and Indian and Indonesia etc etc MUSLIM WOULD BE SO INSPIRED that he would be willling to CALL IRAN THE HEAD OF THE CALIPHATE-------
i didn't mean pro khomaniac iranians

I meant the tehrangeles types; the refugees from Iran

They are absolutely NOT the same

Here we have a mini Iran...all hate the Iran govt they fled from.

i have a close iranian woman friend who acted in "Not without my dughter" the movie

She reads Bahai poetry, Rumi, Hafez, Khayaam on stage; its a beaufiful lingo, Persian.

I find many Iranians, muslim or Bahai gentle and poetic

Do you really not know any decent ones; do you lump them all together for all time??

I can't believe you do, whether you admit it or not!

I have never seen a muslim woman in a Sari-----in fact muslim males I have known ----well----not recently-----mocked those Saris and when I admired them------they seemed annoyed. Bare midriff? gee ----not in my town-----a bare midriff is a HINDU girl gee----well maybe in MUMBAI-----BOLLYWOOD
no I mean poor ordinary muslim village and city women except in the north west where no one wears saris

richer ones wear all sorts; western dress included

as soon as you get married, saris are compulsory for all for life, day and night, hindu and muslim !!

wearing anything else, ever, is an outrage..............just unthinkabe except for the young in big citiesl

i have a close iranian woman friend who acted in "Not without my dughter" the movie

She reads Bahai poetry, Rumi, Hafez, Khayaam on stage; its a beaufiful lingo, Persian.

Do you really not know any decent ones; do you lump them all together for all time??

All the Iranians I have known-----muslim, jew, bahai-----were very decent and all from Teheran-----which is why, in 1979 I believed that KHOMEINI would not last more than two Years I believe that the MAJORITY of Iranians are fairly unsophisticated not from Teharan and have bought into KHOMEINI/ACHMADINEJAD crap-----lock stock and barrel I absolutely do not believe that the iranians are JOKING and I absolutely believe that HEZBOLLAH is just as dangerous as AL QUEIDA

All the Iranians I have known-----muslim, jew, bahai-----were very decent and all from Teheran-----which is why, in 1979 I believed that KHOMEINI would not last more than two Years I believe that the MAJORITY of Iranians are fairly unsophisticated not from Teharan and have bought into KHOMEINI/ACHMADINEJAD crap-----lock stock and barrel I absolutely do not believe that the iranians are JOKING and I absolutely believe that HEZBOLLAH is just as dangerous as AL QUEIDA
For someone who claims that she lives in England, the Kvetching Yenta seems to know an awful lot of those she calls Tehranngeles Iranians. . No wonder so many of us think she is a phony. Meanwhile, IRosie, speaking of movies, many Iranians were extras in tha movie Argo where Los Angeles was being used as Tehran. I am sure the Yenta's "good Iranian friend" told her all about the movie and how she enjoyed being a extra on this film. I wonder if any of Amir's relatives and friends who do live in Tehrangeles were also extras.

"Argo" * * * *

This near-perfect thriller from actor-director Ben Affleck is based on the true story of six Americans who slipped through Iranian clutches and hid out in the Canadian ambassador's residence during the Iran hostage crisis of 1979-80. Affleck plays CIA agent Tony Mendez, who proposes sneaking the six out of Iran by having them pose as Hollywood location scouts. "Argo" is one of the best pictures of the year. Rated R; language, violent images. 1 hour, 58 minutes. By Roger Moore, McClatchy-Tribune News Service

Forum List

Back