Israeli soldier convicted of Manslaughter

Another Israeli lie. An occupying power cannot claim self defense against an occupied people.

Okay, I'll bite. So if a knife-wielding combatant runs at you screaming, "Allahu Akbar!", you are obligated not to harm him? Give me the source for that.

Occupation comes at a price

So does Terrorism; face shoot them all.
skullcoin.png

The Israelis hold their people responsible for committing criminal actions while Palestinians declare those who commit terrorist acts and murder of Israeli civilians as heroes, celebrate them, and dance in the streets!
18 months for murdering someone is holding someone accountable? Nah you ain't an Israel firster at all...:fu:

There is some real islamo-comedy in this. The Islamic terrorists in Gaza'istan and the West Bank promote and encourage their vacant-minded islamo-bots toward acts of murder against Israelis, knowing exactly that it will not end well for their islamo-bots.

But hey, the little islamo-bots are a disposable commodity.

The JPost

Five children who got longer sentences for throwing stones than Israeli soldier who shot incapacitated Palestinian dead
“Even though the soldier was caught on video and it is clear that this is a cold-blooded execution, he was convicted only of manslaughter, not murder, and the prosecution asked for only a light sentence of three years.

• Saleh Ashraf Ishtayya, 16: three years and three months in prison
    • Muhammad Ahmad Jaber, 14: three years in prison
    • Murad Raed Alqam, 14: three years in prison
    • Muhammad Na’el Tayeh, 17: two years and four months in prison
    • Zaid Ayed al-Taweel, 16: two years and four months in prison
“The sentence he received is less than a Palestinian child gets for throwing stones.”

The family’s comments are not hyperbole. In 2015, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s cabinet established a mandatory minimum penalty of four years in prison for those who "endanger human lives by throwing stones, fire-bombs and explosives".

Five children who got longer sentences for throwing stones than the Israeli soldier who shot dead an incapacitated Palestinian

Another Israeli lie. An occupying power cannot claim self defense against an occupied people.

Okay, I'll bite. So if a knife-wielding combatant runs at you screaming, "Allahu Akbar!", you are obligated not to harm him? Give me the source for that.
6 Stabbed at Jerusalem Gay Pride Parade by ultra-Orthodox Jewish Assailant
Suspect was convicted of attempted murder after stabbing three during 2005 Gay Pride Parade; he was recently released from prison.
read more: 6 stabbed at Jerusalem Gay Pride Parade by ultra-Orthodox Jewish assailant

He was't shot the first or the 2nd time and he Killed not wound

6 Stabbed at Jerusalem Gay Pride Parade by ultra-Orthodox Jewish Assailant
Suspect was convicted of attempted murder after stabbing three during 2005 Gay Pride Parade; he was recently released from prison.
read more: 6 stabbed at Jerusalem Gay Pride Parade by ultra-Orthodox Jewish assailant

He was't shot the first or the 2nd time and he Killed not wound

Do you know what? I'll be glad to discuss that incident. But let's start with a few basic principles first -- if a person has a knife and is threatening with it or actively using it to harm people -- are LEO's obligated not to harm the attacker -- yes or no? I'm setting up objective criteria which can be used in many different circumstances.

if a person no longer has a knife and is not threatening with it or actively using it to harm people -- are LEO's obligated not to harm the person?

if a person no longer has a knife and is not threatening with it or actively using it to harm people -- are LEO's obligated not to harm the person?

Well, I've already said on this thread that Azaria was rightly convicted of manslaughter, so yes if a person is incapacitated and clearly no longer pose a threat, LEO's are obligated not to harm the person.

Generally, as an objective rule, if the threat is co-operating and has been disarmed and checked for other weapons, it would seem unreasonable to harm him at that point.

Don't you think?

IDF prosecutors appeal Hebron soldier’s light sentence
"Army attorneys file an appeal against the 18-month sentence given to soldier Elor Azaria, convicted of manslaughter in January for shooting dead a disarmed, incapacitated Palestinian assailant last year." (Times of Israel blog)

The prosecutors are asking for a prison term of three to five years.

Nadav%20Weissmann_zpsmwvrgcjs.jpg

Prosecutor Lt. Col. Nadav Weissmann wants the court to double Azaria's sentence for manslaughter.

Forum List

Back