Israeli settlers are now the stone throwers

dilloduck said:
http://www.freep.com/news/nw/gaza30e_20050630.htm

Sometimes the news from the mideast just sorta gets lost in the shuffle.

and the difference, from the article:
In Israel, a planned nationwide protest fizzled after thousands of police were out in force to keep highways open. Protesters blocked the entrance to Jerusalem, a highway near Tel Aviv and a Haifa intersection, but the actions were no more than briefly inconvenient to motorists.

Earlier Wednesday, demonstrators managed to briefly block the main Jerusalem-Tel Aviv highway when they threw oil and nails on the road.

The violence drew sharp condemnation from Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, who called on authorities to use an iron fist against extremists who he said are threatening to divide the country.

Sharon also said hard-line rabbis who urge their followers to resist the evacuation should be punished. Many opponents of the withdrawal are Orthodox Jews, who accuse Sharon of giving up land promised to the Jews in the Bible.

Israel plans to withdraw from Gaza and four small West Bank settlements in mid-August, uprooting about 9,000 Jewish settlers from their homes. While mainstream settler groups say they will resist only through civil disobedience, authorities fear some extremists could turn violent.

dilloduck said:
well lets hope the settlers get reined in before they stone all the Palestinians and each other.

My son just noticed your avatar of the yin yang, harmony. Kind of an oxymoron when one comes down to it, no? :laugh:

Kathianne said:
My son just noticed your avatar of the yin yang, harmony. Kind of an oxymoron when one comes down to it, no? :laugh:

Must mean that there's not many Buddhists over there.

Kathianne said:
and the difference, from the article:

:clap:

No one could possibly say there aren't any violent, extremist Jews in the world, of course there are. The difference has always been in how the vast majority of Jews react. In that sense, there is absolutely no comparison between how the Jews of the middle east behave and how the muslims do.

HorhayAtAMD said:
:clap:

No one could possibly say there aren't any violent, extremist Jews in the world, of course there are. The difference has always been in how the vast majority of Jews react. In that sense, there is absolutely no comparison between how the Jews of the middle east behave and how the muslims do.

Well--FINALLY an admission that Jews can be wrong. The idea that this conflict has been all the fault of the arabs is insane. When Arafat publicly told the Palestinians to chill everyone said he was just doing it for show---now when Sharon does it we are all to be impressed- :rolleyes:

dilloduck said:
Well--FINALLY an admission that Jews can be wrong.
Please show me where any reputable Jewish organization has ever claimed that the Jews are perfect? This whole "claim that the other side thinks it is perfect and then admonish them when proof of imperfectness arises" is not a good argument if you are the only one claiming the Jews are perfect.

The idea that this conflict has been all the fault of the arabs is insane. When Arafat publicly told the Palestinians to chill everyone said he was just doing it for show---now when Sharon does it we are all to be impressed- :rolleyes:
Saying "chill" is one thing, following through and punishing those that don't is another. Even worse, Arafat rewarded the families of suicide bombers.

HorhayAtAMD said:
Please show me where any reputable Jewish organization has ever claimed that the Jews are perfect? This whole "claim that the other side thinks it is perfect and then admonish them when proof of imperfectness arises" is not a good argument if you are the only one claiming the Jews are perfect.

Saying "chill" is one thing, following through and punishing those that don't is another. Even worse, Arafat rewarded the families of suicide bombers.
Show me one that states that Jews share any responsibilty for the middle east conflict.

dilloduck said:
Show me one that states that Jews share any responsibilty for the middle east conflict.

Easy. The Israeli government, in destroying the homes of Jewish settlers and punishing Jews that are violent to both Palestinians and Israelis, is doing its fair share of easing the middle east conflict. Whether or not you think this is akin to sharing responsibility for the problem, there is no denying that the Israeli government is sharing responsibility for the solution. The former Palestinian leadership never took one step away from its stated goals of destroying Israel and in doing so, did not share the responsibility for a solution. At least this Palestinian leadership appears more willing.

HorhayAtAMD said:
Easy. The Israeli government, in destroying the homes of Jewish settlers and punishing Jews that are violent to both Palestinians and Israelis, is doing its fair share of easing the middle east conflict. Whether or not you think this is akin to sharing responsibility for the problem, there is no denying that the Israeli government is sharing responsibility for the solution. The former Palestinian leadership never took one step away from its stated goals of destroying Israel and in doing so, did not share the responsibility for a solution. At least this Palestinian leadership appears more willing.

It has taken for ever but I think the Palestinians may have finally started working toward a solution. It's good to see Israel recpirocate but I still have seen no acceptance for responsibilty for the problem in the first place. The MSM would have this rock throwing incident spread all over the place if it were Palestinians doing it.

dilloduck said:
It has taken for ever but I think the Palestinians may have finally started working toward a solution. It's good to see Israel recpirocate but I still have seen no acceptance for responsibilty for the problem in the first place. The MSM would have this rock throwing incident spread all over the place if it were Palestinians doing it.
Yeah, right. Like they put up every potential suicide attack. Yeah, we getcha. :rolleyes:

Kathianne said:
Yeah, right. Like they put up every potential suicide attack. Yeah, we getcha. :rolleyes:

I know you have accused me of racism on this one but I have no idea what you meant by this statement.

dilloduck said:
I know you have accused me of racism on this one but I have no idea what you meant by this statement.

simple. You said that if it were the Palis throwing stones, the media would be 'all over it.' Yet close to daily there are attempts at suicide bombings at the border and in Israel. NO COVERAGE.

how it started is of no material interest in how to end it.....if they both choose to end it ...it will end...if not then it won't....they both seem to have a cultural ingrained desire to continue in the current manner because in short...what they hell else would they do if they stopped.

Kathianne said:
simple. You said that if it were the Palis throwing stones, the media would be 'all over it.' Yet close to daily there are attempts at suicide bombings at the border and in Israel. NO COVERAGE.

I wonder why they aren't covering the homicide bombers anymore---cause they are caught?

manu1959 said:
how it started is of no material interest in how to end it.....if they both choose to end it ...it will end...if not then it won't....they both seem to have a cultural ingrained desire to continue in the current manner because in short...what they hell else would they do if they stopped.
I'll agree with that. Israel has time and again reached out to give the palis their own land, only to be told it's 'not enough.' Well it's been stated that 'enough' means only the cessation of Israel, that IS NOT going to happen.

Kathianne said:
I'll agree with that. Israel has time and again reached out to give the palis their own land, only to be told it's 'not enough.' Well it's been state that 'enough' means the cessation of Israel, that IS NOT going to happen.

that has happened.....there a radical factions on both sides that will always seek to undermine any deal that may be struck.....as those factions can only profit if there is discord......for if the two sides unite and hug....the radical factions will loose all that they have

manu1959 said:

I agree---we shall see---other Isreali Presidents have attempted peaceful solutions but they were assasinated. And when you lose a life long enemy on your doorstep it certainly is a task to focus your efforts elsewhere.

Maybe at least the US won't have to spend billions over there for nothing.

Forum List

Back