Israeli Settlement Construction Booms Despite Ban

Lasher

Rookie
Aug 31, 2010
An Unsettled Issue: Israeli Settlement Construction Booms Despite Ban - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International

Israeli Settlement Construction Booms Despite Ban
Der Spiegel (Germany)

In Washington, the Israelis and Palestinians are discussing peace, but in the Jewish settlements in the West Bank, construction is proceeding at full speed. A legal ban is being ignored and the government is looking away. The thousands of new homes could hinder reconciliation.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,715614,00.html

Last edited:
Hey here's a revolutionary idea. Why don't we just quit trying to be the World's Policeman and World's Referee? I don't know about anyone else but i'm completely sick of my country being dragged into the middle of that mess. We shouldn't be refereeing that mess anymore. Let those people sort out their own differences. We have no right or business being in the middle of that thing. It's only a Lose/Lose for us in the end anyway. Those people need to sort out their own problems because that's the only way there will ever be real peace over there. We can't force that on them. It's all up to them. No more failed World's Policeman and World's Referee policies.

• Banned
Hey here's a revolutionary idea. Why don't we just quit trying to be the World's Policeman and World's Referee? I don't know about anyone else but i'm completely sick of my country being dragged into the middle of that mess. We shouldn't be refereeing that mess anymore. Let those people sort out their own differences. We have no right or business being in the middle of that thing. It's only a Lose/Lose for us in the end anyway. Those people need to sort out their own problems because that's the only way there will ever be real peace over there. We can't force that on them. It's all up to them. No more failed World's Policeman and World's Referee policies.

Damned right, and look at the money we'd save!

Damned right, and look at the money we'd save!

Yea it's just so damn stupid for us to continue trying to referee that mess. I think most Americans agree with us and don't want to be forced into the middle of that mess anymore. That time has passed. When are our politicians going to finally realize that? Those people have to sort out their own problems. The days of us being the World's Policeman and Referee need to end. It always ends up being a Lose/Lose for us in the end.

Forum List

Back